Whose the biggest PPV draw in the UFC? Aside from Conor & Izzy

Boy, this annihilates the common Sherdog narrative that no one likes WMMA, and that it doesn't make money. Filling the number 2 and 3 spot with 1 million plus.

Ronda was WAY more popular than Jones ever was, she was #2 to Conor when she was fighting.
Actually she was #1 when she was fighting, BEYOND massive, I got asked about her by non mma fans more than any other person before or since

Its so fucking stupid to compare PPV buys in boxing and UFC. Boxing only releases USA only PPV buys. UFC does world wide. Canelo's world wide PPVs are way higher

And where is Canelo moving these buys? You think he is selling a million PPVs in Australia? You might want to look into what PPV markets actually exist and how often a place like the UK has put Canelo on PPV rather than just standard subscription and at what price.

Canelo brings in worldwide telecast and subscription cash too, but the PPV revenue is overwhelmingly coming from the US.

Boy, this annihilates the common Sherdog narrative that no one likes WMMA, and that it doesn't make money. Filling the number 2 and 3 spot with 1 million plus.
Yeah. And if we look further back than UFC200: the second biggest non-Conor event is UFC 193, Rousey vs Holm which got 1.1 mil. (Only bested by Lesnar vs Carwin with 1.16 mil)
And it didn't even have any big male fights, the second biggest fight on that card was Joanna vs Letourneau

And UFC 190, Rousey vs Correia (a rather weak card with just one title fight) got 900K

Last edited:
Boxer's Instagram:
Canelo Alvarez 16.7 million
Anthony Joshua 16.1 million
Tyson Fury 6.8 million
Gervonta Davis 6.7 million
Deontay Wilder 2.7 million
Usyk 1.9 million
Terence Crawford 1.5 million
Naoya Inoue 1.2 million.
generally speaking, Boxers tend to have fewer Insta followers than MMA fighters.

Whoa, I expected Fury and Wilder to have way more.

Surprised that Charles Oliviera has more than Fury, and Derrick Lewis has like 1 mil more than Wilder

(PS: also surprised someone like Topuria has 2M while Strickland only has 1.3M...and here I was arguing Strickland is a massive draw cause he is controversial and does a lot of media)

Last edited:
Numbers are pathetic these days compared to what they were in the GSP/Silva era
i keep trying to say this and use actual numbers, but people dont care. the biggest draw in the UFC does huge numbers. for todays standards yes. but averaging out the monthly ppv at the end of each year since 2006, todays "stars" barely break the average ppv buyout. hell some stars are hundreds of thousands of ppv sales lower than average.

Jon jones, Khamzat, Islam, malley maybe

considering the yearly average ppv buy since 2006 is 499k id say that 550k is around average and isnt great like you claim.
True - if we are looking for a standout draw overall.

But if we're just talking "who's the best draw today among active fighters, BESIDES Conor" then we could look at a smaller set of events without the big selling Conor-events and get a lower average
never said they are weak. i said the UFC has no star and his numbers arent much different than any other headling champ.
The word star causes a lot of debate.
I just think some of us (me included) sometimes say it without really meaning someone is huge.
We can say stuff like "Who are the top 10 stars right now" as if it was equivalent to "Who are the top 10 draws".
Sometimes have to check myself to realise some will argue against that as they only think "star" should be used for mega names that transcend MMA.

Boxer's Instagram:
Canelo Alvarez 16.7 million
Anthony Joshua 16.1 million
Tyson Fury 6.8 million
Gervonta Davis 6.7 million
Deontay Wilder 2.7 million
Usyk 1.9 million
Terence Crawford 1.5 million
Naoya Inoue 1.2 million.
generally speaking, Boxers tend to have fewer Insta followers than MMA fighters.

Pfft only 2 of these guys are higher than Izzy

I'm feeling like a broken record here, but I will again repeat myself that the UFC has done an absolutely horrible job at promoting fighters and building new stars since the WME alphabet buyout.

They have been using a "brand first" approach for a long time, but Zuffa execs new to build some stars and to "feed the pipeline"

WMEABCLGBwhatever made it very clear their intent was to milk every ounce of money as fast as they could to recoup their 4 billion purchase and they did it by leeching money out of either A) already established stars B) fighters that were strong at self promotion.

The current UFC absolutely sucks at building stars.

I think people just aren't buying ppvs as much period

i keep trying to say this and use actual numbers, but people dont care. the biggest draw in the UFC does huge numbers. for todays standards yes. but averaging out the monthly ppv at the end of each year since 2006, todays "stars" barely break the average ppv buyout. hell some stars are hundreds of thousands of ppv sales lower than average.
I think people just aren't buying ppvs as much period
they are selling more UFC Fight Pass subscriptions, TV deals, etc. PPV model is currently less than 7% of their total revenue.

Whoa, I expected Fury and Wilder to have way more.

Surprised that Charles Oliviera has more than Fury, and Derrick Lewis has like 1 mil more than Wilder

(PS: also surprised someone like Topuria has 2M while Strickland only has 1.3M...and here I was arguing Strickland is a massive draw cause he is controversial and does a lot of media)

Engagement is what counts.

No one is touching Gervonta Davis & Ryan Garcia.

Gervonta Davis is doing 43 million views on his IG pad training clips. That is unheard of.

Back