Who will be the first to pull a Shane Douglas on the UFC Belt?

By the way, your soap operas belong here: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/pro-wrestling-discussion.46/

Don't worry...I'll stay out of there. There is a thread where people are debating which wrestler has the most unrecognized "talent", so the struggle is real.

Even the others who don't like pro wrestling are looking at you as a frigid lunatic asshole with Mommy and Daddy issues right now.

But whatever keeps your spirit's up and helps you sleep at night, mate

Your reply makes my brain hurt.....

They can fine him a lot and NAC. Before the check arrives.

What will they fine him for? That's like saying they could fine him for blowing his nose with his Reebok gear

Even the others who don't like pro wrestling are looking at you as a frigid lunatic asshole with Mommy and Daddy issues right now.

But whatever keeps your spirit's up and helps you sleep at night, mate
When I care about or respect the opinion of a grown man obsessed with a child's television show, you will be the first to know. Now run along and play.

When I care about or respect the opinion of a grown man obsessed with a child's television show, you will be the first to know. Now run along and play.

I will for your sake. I feel like if I keep this up, with your sensitive self, you might just "Chris Benoit" yourself and your whole family. And I don't want you to do that just yet

I was thinking Conor if he went to boxing, but could raging Al be the guy to do the unthinkable? I can see him shitting all over that belt.

Who do you think?

why do you losers have to share your wwe shit on sherdog? do you think that if you post it on a sports forum, it becomes more real?

One of those soap opera actors was the former UFC Heavyweight champion. Sakuraba an MMA legend used to venture between the two, as did Shamrock, Severn, Frye, Coleman, Randleman, Sapp, Takayama and a whole host of others. If you read the OP and were aware of what the topic was, why not just leave then and there? MMA has deep roots in professional wrestling whether you're willing to admit it or not, in fact UFC has been ranked as the most successful professional wrestling company a couple of times.
There's a difference between a pro-wrestler and a wwe actor.

Sakuraba is a Pro-Wrestler. He can legitimately fight, but he works in choreographed matches at times to entertain the fans, as an art.

John Cena is a an actor/bodybuilder. There's a massive difference. CM Punk is another actor. Dude was billed as a karate guy, a BJJ blue-belt level guy... LMFAO

Fuck WWE. They can't book worth a shit most of the time. Why did they go and take the title from Bray Wyatt after, like, only a month? And now they're pushing some towel-headed jobber like Jinder Mahal instead.

Sakuraba is a Pro-Wrestler. He can legitimately fight, but he works in choreographed matches at times to entertain the fans, as an art.

John Cena is a an actor/bodybuilder. There's a massive difference. CM Punk is another actor. Dude was billed as a karate guy, a BJJ blue-belt level guy... LMFAO
Yes you're right there is a huge difference yet they're all being lumped in together as the same thing. In North America the relationship between MMA and wrestling isn't that close but in Japan they're almost inseparable, even going back decades to the likes of Antonio Inoki vs Muhammad Ali. Numerous MMA fighters have moonlighted as professional wrestlers since MMA's early days. Even people you wouldn't think of like Renner Gracie and Lyoto Machida have loose affiliations with pro wrestling. I have a feeling the people that detest pro wrestling so much probably do so because they feel duped for having believed it at one point in their life. No one watches the movie fight club and gives Ed Norton shit because of the fight scenes, or if fight club was brought up on the forum no one would flame that person like "you think Ed Norton could actually do that for real?" The whole thing is really quite silly to get so agitated. MMA is a legitimate sport, pro wrestling is entertainment, but the scenario being discussed could hypothetically be transferable at least that is what's being asked.

Jon Jones refused to accept the interim belt at first

I think the real question should be is when is there going to be an ECW of MMA, an alternative to people being bored of the UFC and a more hardcore fighting company? I guess, since the athletic commissions and power-hungry politicians like John McCain don't mind their own business, the answer is it is unlikely to happen. However, it would be cool to see a company that could force exciting fights to happen. I've always wanted to see a Royal Rumble type real fight.

There is such a thing that already exists.

It is Japanese MMA. There are some orgs with some crazy shit going on
Like team vs team fights, tag team fights, style vs style, David vs Goliath....you name it.

That situation couldn't be replicated in MMA I think. Shane was under contract with one company (ECW) and was loaned (for lack of a better word) to NWA. It was the NWA title he did this to. Since the UFC doesn't loan out fighters it couldn't go down like this.
ECW was owned by nwa at the time, I think.

There is such a thing that already exists.

It is Japanese MMA. There are some orgs with some crazy shit going on
Like team vs team fights, tag team fights, style vs style, David vs Goliath....you name it.

The only tag team fights I've seen were on U.S. soil

A new level of stupidity and reaching has been set on sherdog!

MMA fighters have the personality of a carrot stick. none of them could do that

Conor-McGregor-Million-Dollar-Man-HOT-SAUCE-440x250.jpg

nb9nvt.jpg

LOL. I find it hilarious that I can leave sherdog, and when I come back I find the same guy whining about the same bullshit from HOURS ago.

You're more pathetic than any wrestling fan ever will be, trust me.

Back