Who will be the first to pull a Shane Douglas on the UFC Belt?

king of theRing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I was thinking Conor if he went to boxing, but could raging Al be the guy to do the unthinkable? I can see him shitting all over that belt.

Who do you think?

Conor already shit on the belt. That's why they took it from him.

He's getting ready to drop a deuce on the LW belt, too.

That situation couldn't be replicated in MMA I think. Shane was under contract with one company (ECW) and was loaned (for lack of a better word) to NWA. It was the NWA title he did this to. Since the UFC doesn't loan out fighters it couldn't go down like this.

That situation couldn't be replicated in MMA I think. Shane was under contract with one company (ECW) and was loaned (for lack of a better word) to NWA. It was the NWA title he did this to. Since the UFC doesn't loan out fighters it couldn't go down like this.

I meant like someone wins the belt, then trashes it when interviewed by Rogan after.

I can see all " take your cheap ass belt and shove it" throw it down and split

Ruprecht

Who is he?

Gave me double yellow card cause I was promoting

White nationalism.

I got double yellow for speaking white.

What about spray painting NWO on the UFC belt? That would be pretty boss. Lol. We all want MMA to be like prowrestling but with real fights and drama. That's what most of us aren't willing to admit.

Slightly incorrect.... ECW (Eastern Championshop Wrestling at the time) was apart of the NWA which was more or less a "sanctioning" body in pro wrestling.

The NWA decided that Shane would carry the title but Shane and ECW had other ideas. This was done during an ECW show. After this night they broke away from the NWA territory system and became Extreme Championship Wrestling.

What about spray painting NWO on the UFC belt? That would be pretty boss. Lol. We all want MMA to be like prowrestling but with real fights and drama. That's what most of us aren't willing to admit.
Umm...no. That shit is for the children.

Slightly incorrect.... ECW (Eastern Championshop Wrestling at the time) was apart of the NWA which was more or less a "sanctioning" body in pro wrestling.

The NWA decided that Shane would carry the title but Shane and ECW had other ideas. This was done during an ECW show. After this night they broke away from the NWA territory system and became Extreme Championship Wrestling.
Why are you two debating nursery rhyme level television soap operas?

I think the real question should be is when is there going to be an ECW of MMA, an alternative to people being bored of the UFC and a more hardcore fighting company? I guess, since the athletic commissions and power-hungry politicians like John McCain don't mind their own business, the answer is it is unlikely to happen. However, it would be cool to see a company that could force exciting fights to happen. I've always wanted to see a Royal Rumble type real fight.

Oh ok. I thought Eastern Championship Wrestling and NWA were always separate entities. I knew the rest with only Shane, Heyman and a few others "in on it". Cool way to start a company too.

There's a very real possibility McGregor could bounce from the UFC after his current deal is done (four more fights).

With WME-IMG nickle-and-diming everyone, there could be more money to be made by McGregor promoting his own fights, boxing-style.

If he's still champion by then, I could definitely see him pulling a Shane Douglas to generate hype for himself on the way out.

Oh ok. I thought Eastern Championship Wrestling and NWA were always separate entities. I knew the rest with only Shane, Heyman and a few others "in on it". Cool way to start a company too.

They were separate entities. The National Wrestling Alliance had pretty much become useless after WCW instituted their own titles. Eastern Championship Wrestling joined the NWA briefly, forced a title tournament to happen and had Douglas throw down the title so that they could symbolically show people that the past of wrestling was dead and Extreme Championship Wrestling was changing wrestling.

I don't watch children's soap operas in spandex, which is what is being discussed. Bottom feeder actors.
Oh ok. I don't see the difference between discussing one fictional thing over another. If people were discussing a movie you probably wouldn't have such an adverse reaction. Yet both parties are aware they are watching something that is not real. I get that it's not for everyone and the spandex thing can't be an issue because a lot of UFC fighters wear spandex. UFC is also trying their hardest to create drama in a similar fashion to professional wrestling but you probably think nothing of that. I think the irony of your last comment has also been lost on you.

Back