Who was Richie Aprile based on?

The whole thing started with Beansie mouthing off to Richie in an aggressive manner. It was like a dominos effect. First of all, Beansie didn't offer him any tribute upon release and then he told Richie he will not back down and that he will STEP UP!!!

Richie got undermined by a slimy cock sucker which was Beansies character who was talking tough to that teenager telling him to "hurry the fuck up about it"

I don't blame Tony for defending Beansie but Beansie was super mouthy and that incident could have been avoided if he just ended the conversation in a respectful manner instead of saying how he is going to step up and not get shaken down.

Regarding the ramp, he DID build the ramp. I mean, he didn't do it himself but rather he called Vito in the episode full leather jacket.

episode21-11.png

"I'll build a ramp up to your ass... Drive a Lionel up in there"

Ralphie did kill the horse tho

Ralph was a cock sucker but goddamn was he one of the best characters on the show. I wished he wasn't killed so he stayed on.

It was never proven that Ralphie killed the horse. The actor that played Ralphie was told to act as if he didn't do it. This means that it was most likely an accident.

Either way it was a bullshit that Ralphie got killed for that. I mean, when the horse was winning, the price was split 50-50 between Tony and Ralph and yet....Ralphie had to pay 100 percent the horse bill.

"I'll build a ramp up to your ass... Drive a Lionel up in there"

He did say that and in the end...he had no choice to build a ramp because he knew he was not the boss and that he had to do it otherwise he would face reprisal. So in a way, Richie was a logical guy who could get along.

It was never proven that Ralphie killed the horse. The actor that played Ralphie was told to act as if he didn't do it. This means that it was most likely an accident.

Either way it was a bullshit that Ralphie got killed for that. I mean, when the horse was winning, the price was split 50-50 between Tony and Ralph and yet....Ralphie had to pay 100 percent the horse bill.

He did say that and in the end...he had no choice to build a ramp because he knew he was not the boss and that he had to do it otherwise he would face reprisal. So in a way, Richie was a logical guy who could get along.

I think you watched a different show than I did lol

I did not, you have no argument because you are injecting your opinion and passing it on as facts. I am not the only one here saying that about Richie.

Ralphie did kill the horse tho

Ralph was a cock sucker but goddamn was he one of the best characters on the show. I wished he wasn't killed so he stayed on.

I honestly don't know about the horse, but yes I am in agreement with you on how he was one of the best characters on the show.

I did not, you have no argument because you are injecting your opinion and passing it on as facts. I am not the only one here saying that about Richie.

Lol yeah okay.

You're the only person on earth who thinks Richie Aprile was diplomatic.

Nice chatting with u bud.

I have no argument except for all the examples I posted. Perhaps you shoudk try watching the actual show

I honestly don't know about the horse, but yes I am in agreement with you on how he was one of the best characters on the show.

He was an incredible heel. One of the best.

I also liked he wore designer suits and not the typical Ginzaloon shit the other guys wore.

He was an incredible heel. One of the best.

I also liked he wore designer suits and not the typical Ginzaloon shit the other guys wore.

I really believe that Ralph Cifferetto was modeled after the song "Sympathy for the Devil". The Rolling Stones song was from the point of view of the devil. Ralph was a man of wealth (great earner) and taste (dressed well). There are a couple of subtle references to the song throughout the show in scenes that Ralph is in.

Lol yeah okay.

You're the only person on earth who thinks Richie Aprile was diplomatic.

Nice chatting with u bud.

I have no argument except for all the examples I posted. Perhaps you shoudk try watching the actual show

You haven't posted that good of an example. For example you quoted Richies "ill build a ramp up his ass" as prove that he didn't build a ramp despite the fact that I already mentioned and posted a pic that Richie did in fact build the ramp.

Any who, the best character on the show is the real star that we failed to mention:

You haven't posted that good of an example. For example you quoted Richies "ill build a ramp up his ass" as prove that he didn't build a ramp despite the fact that I already mentioned and posted a pic that Richie did in fact build the ramp.

Any who, the best character on the show is the real star that we failed to mention:

Lol dude ur funny guy

He had to be told what to do numerous times because he stepped on everyone's toes and went over their heads.

The ramp is one example. Selling drugs on the garbage routes is another.

Wake up man

Lol dude ur funny guy

He had to be told what to do numerous times because he stepped on everyone's toes and went over their heads.

Wake up man

I like both of you guys, and you both have good points. Richie selling drugs on the garbage route was egregious, because drug trafficking fell under the RICO act

I really believe that Ralph Cifferetto was modeled after the song "Sympathy for the Devil". The Rolling Stones song was from the point of view of the devil. Ralph was a man of wealth (great earner) and taste (dressed well). There are a couple of subtle references to the song throughout the show in scenes that Ralph is in.

That's very interesting. I never thought about that.

And yeah Ralphie was a good business man and he was smarter than most of the crew.

He was more like Paul Castellano in the same way Johnny Sack was.

That's very interesting. I never thought about that.

And yeah Ralphie was a good business man and he was smarter than most of the crew.

He was more like Paul Castellano in the same way Johnny Sack was.

In the episode "Whoever Did This", there are three quotes from the song. When Pauly was talking about killing Ralph Tony said" "have some sympathy" his son is in the Hospital". When Ralph meets his sons surgeon he says "Please allow me to introduce myself". When Ralph went to Father Phil about his son Father Phil says "Were you there when Jesus Christ had his moment of doubt and pain"?

Through out the Sopranos there is a lot of exploration of life and death and heaven and hell. I think Ralph represented the Devil.

Lol dude ur funny guy

Wake up man

Yes he did step on his toes. That being said, he DID finally build the ramp which was something you were denying. But besides that,Tony also provoked him as well.

Here is an example of Tony acting like a prick and throwing insults from the get go:

Yes he did step on his toes. That being said, he DID finally build the ramp which was something you were denying. But besides that,Tony also provoked him as well.

Here is an example of Tony acting like a prick and throwing insults from the get go:

I never denied it. I said he needed to be told many times to build the ramp.

I might be mistaken but didn't Richie and Sil get into it because of that? I'm 99% sure they did.

No one liked Richie.

That scene is an example of tony being pissed off because Richie was an asshole to people. Even here Richie is stepping on Tony's toes.

Honestly man what show were u watching

Whatever you guys think about Ralphie, I think we can all agree that the most funny thing he did was posthumously.

I never denied it. I said he needed to be told many times to build the ramp.

I might be mistaken but didn't Richie and Sil get into it because of that? I'm 99% sure they did.

No one liked Richie.

That scene is an example of tony being pissed off because Richie was an asshole to people. Even here Richie is stepping on Tony's toes.

Honestly man what show were u watching

How is Richie stepping on his shoes? He answered the door and Tony starts mouthing off. Its like you don't see how Tony is an asshole who likes to provoke people.

While Richie was an asshole because he did 10 years and when he returned to his life, he was getting undermined by guys like Beansie and Davey.

Oh and if you want to see how much of a vindictive petty scumbag Tony is, check out:

He literally had to fuck up someone's lively hood over a standard procedure. Unlike Beansie, the cop didn't show any attitude, wasn't mouthy or disrespectful. He was as mild, stoic and professional as a human being could and yet, Tony had to act like a little princess bitch by going out of his way to have his politician buddies to fire this guy.

Oh and Ralph, the reason he killed him was because of the fact that Ralphie called him out on his hypocrisy with the " what are you a vegetarian!? You eat beef and sausage by the truck load"

Tony like a feminist bitch had no logical response and so, he resorted to violent solution. In Tonys case, he is a big guy and was able to kill Ralph who is not the fighter type.

In all fairness, the original American mafia made sense. I mean back then, poverty was so horrible that going to prison was better than being on the streets. Now a days, homeless people have shelters and potential government programs for them to get their life together.

Although I could be wrong but I have heard that the original Mafioso were folks who couldn't find a job and so, this became their last choice of occupation.

I think the only way you can get out of the game is, to use the money to get in to legit business. Make tons of money with that legit business and slowly become legit and hopefully if your higher ups are understanding, you can buy your way out of the mob life by offering a small fortune and to move out of the state/country so that you are no longer in their cross hairs.

In a way, you become "retired" gracefully.

I doubt that really work so smooth,because in the end,you know too much,and if you aren't linked to the chain,how can you be trusted?

Most likely you still have to justify your existence with them till the end.

If your makin tons of money,you gotta keep making payoffs.

just started binge watching the show tonight for first time in years.. 5 episodes tonight so far..

Show kinda started to get lower in quality twds the end but overall I really enjoyed it.

Its hard to know when to stop with these shows sometimes. You do a season that might not be so great,but the story isn't finished,you gotta keep going.

Back