Who was Richie Aprile based on?

My personal favorite Character was Junior Soprano. He was being two faced, but Tony did play Junior for the fool by giving him the illusion that he was in charge, and letting him take the heat as the head of the family. Tony spoke about loyalty, and honor, but he really didn't care about anyone except himself. Ralph was an interesting case as well, When he killed Tracee the stripper, under the mafia code Tony had no right to hit Ralph. Ralph was a made man and Tracee was not a wife or a Commare of a family member, so technically as repulsive as beating a woman to death is, Tony should not have hit Ralph. You are also 100% right on Pie O My! It actually was never established that Ralph actually caused the fire, according to Joey Pants, Chase would not tell him whether or not Ralph killed the horse so he played the part as if he did not. Tony killed Ralph over the horse with out even knowing if Ralph actually killed the horse. Furthermore Tony cuckolded Ralph by taking Valentina, this was during the time his son was in the hospital.

Tony realized that Ralph killed the horse because of his nonchalant attitude towards the whole situation. Ralph said something like "So what, it's a fucking horse" and that set Tony off.

He was a piece of shit, but with an exception to Bobby Bacalieri, and Artie Buco, everyone on the show was a piece of shit including Carmela. Riche was no worse than many of the "likeable " characters such as Tony, Paulie, Syl, and Pussy. They were all stone cold killers who were out for themselves and who would kill anyone who got in their way. One thing about Richie is he did live by the code, where as everyone else only lived by the code when it suited them.

Janice was very manipulative, and if Richie wasn't dating Janice, I don't think this would have ever happened. With that said, Richie brought up the idea to Junior, but he did not act on it.

Yes and many times Chris mouthed off to Tony with the first time being when Jackie sr passing away and Chris said something to the effect of " if you don't take action now, I am going to question your leader ship"

Back then he was just an associate and would often times mouth of to Tony occasionally. That and when Tony proposed Chris get his button during Meadows graduation, Chris didn't say thank you nor did he show any ounce of gratitude. More like " about that!"

If I was Tony, this would be something of a great concern. An associate mouthing off to a crime boss while being an entitled egomaniac.

While Richie's problem was that, he felt that he deserved some type of incentive for doing 10 years in the can and instead he realized that he had to play the game few steps back. Another MAJOR problem with Richie was the fact that, he was aiming to be an underboss.

He knew Junior tried to kill Tony last year and failed. Yet he was trying to get Junior to lead the new ship while failing to realize that Junior was even more greedy than Tony. Richie failed big time by not realizing that just like himself, Junior also couldn't sell it...

He was hated by everyone because he stepped on everyone's toes.

He didn't know how to play the game and he needed to go much earlier

He was entitled because he did 10 years in the can. This was during the era that being an informant was becoming more and more common. In his head, Ritchie felt that he deserved to be rewarded and recognized for his loyalty for staying true to the mafia code.

Say what you want but he did uphold the honor of the mafia rules!

Cant say the same thing about Pussy, Gene, Raymond, Jimmy and Carlos who were all made men or capos.

Yes and many times Chris mouthed off to Tony with the first time being when Jackie sr passing away and Chris said something to the effect of " if you don't take action now, I am going to question your leader ship"

Back then he was just an associate and would often times mouth of to Tony occasionally. That and when Tony proposed Chris get his button during Meadows graduation, Chris didn't say thank you nor did he show any ounce of gratitude. More like " about that!"

If I was Tony, this would be something of a great concern. An associate mouthing off to a crime boss while being an entitled egomaniac.

While Richie's problem was that, he felt that he deserved some type of incentive for doing 10 years in the can and instead he realized that he had to play the game few steps back. Another MAJOR problem with Richie was the fact that, he was aiming to be an underboss.

He knew Junior tried to kill Tony last year and failed. Yet he was trying to get Junior to lead the new ship while failing to realize that Junior was even more greedy than Tony. Richie failed big time by not realizing that just like himself, Junior also couldn't sell it...

He was entitled because he did 10 years in the can. This was during the era that being an informant was becoming more and more common. In his head, Ritchie felt that he deserved to be rewarded and recognized for his loyalty for staying true to the mafia code.

Cant say the same thing about Pussy, Gene, Raymond, Jimmy and Carlos who were all made men or capos.

Listen I can talk sopranos all day long with u bud.

The problem with Richie was he undermined tony right off the bat. There were plenty of examples of that happening.

He didn't know how to play by the new rules and like i said, stepped on far too many toes.

He was on borrowed time anyway but he completely lost it when tony gave away that leather jacket

Richie also couldn't accept that his brothers friend who was younger than him was In charge of the family.

I will say he was a great heel character like Ralphie

I thought Jimmy Altieri was clean and they killed the wrong man

I'm certain he wasn't with the FBI

Christopher was a mystery to me, although Mafiosa will make money off of drugs they are really against the use of it, the reason being is because the addiction and constant chasing after drugs is not only distracting, but a drug addict is much more apt to talk (rat people out, become an informant). Tony put up with a lot of Christopher's shit, that would have gotten any one else killed.

People forget that it was Richie, who at the time was a Capo, stood up for Tony and Jackie Aprile when they robbed Feech Lamana's Card game. There was a sit down, and Richie backed his younger brother, and Tony.

If you go to Soprano's message boards, or a plethora of Soprano fan pages on Facebook, whether or not Jimmy Altieri was a rat is a topic that is constantly debated. I agree with you, I don't think he was a rat either, but David Chase will not give an answer to the topic, I guess he left it up to interpretation.

If you go to Soprano's message boards, or a plethora of Soprano fan pages on Facebook, whether or not Jimmy Altieri was a rat is a topic that is constantly debated. I agree with you, I don't think he was a rat either, but David Chase will not give an answer to the topic, I guess he left it up to interpretation.

I like that people spend time discussing it but it was never mentioned he was a rat in the show.

In fact I think they just killed the wrong guy. I think tony knew all along it was pussy and he was in denial about it all and Jimmy took the brunt of it

I like that people spend time discussing it but it was never mentioned he was a rat in the show.

In fact I think they just killed the wrong guy. I think tony knew all along it was pussy and he was in denial about it all and Jimmy took the brunt of it

I agree with you 100%, I think Tony loved Big Pussy so much that he didn't want to believe it was Pussy who was a rat, so he assumed Makazian (who had committed suicide) mixed up the two guys because they were both fat.

There was absolutely no evidence that Jimmy was a rat.

I agree with you 100%, I think Tony loved Big Pussy so much that he didn't want to believe it was Pussy who was a rat, so he assumed Makazian (who had committed suicide) mixed up the two guys because they were both fat.

There was absolutely no evidence that Jimmy was a rat.

The only person he loved more than Puss was Jackie Aprile so yeah he was most certainly in denial.

It's even brought up on later seasons. Sopranos was such an amazing show. It really depicted all these guys are big babies who couldn't cope with life acting like tough guys but they were all weak

The only person he loved more than Puss was Jackie Aprile so yeah he was most certainly in denial.

It's even brought up on later seasons. Sopranos was such an amazing show. It really depicted all these guys are big babies who couldn't cope with life acting like tough guys but they were all weak

A lot of people didn't like the dream sequences, but they were one of my favorite parts of the show. The "Funhouse" episode where Tony sees Pussy as a dead fish, and then realizes that Pussy was a rat, showed that Tony knew it all along in his subconscious, but didn't want to believe it.

A lot of people didn't like the dream sequences, but they were one of my favorite parts of the show. The "Funhouse" episode where Tony sees Pussy as a dead fish, and then realizes that Pussy was a rat, showed that Tony knew it all along in his subconscious, but didn't want to believe it.

What set the show apart was the mental health aspect.
The show is completely brilliant and so well written.

Listen I can talk sopranos all day long with u bud. [/B]

The problem with Richie was he undermined tony right off the bat. There were plenty of examples of that happening.

He didn't know how to play by the new rules and like i said, stepped on far too many toes.

He was on borrowed time anyway but he completely lost it when tony gave away that leather jacket

Richie also couldn't accept that his brothers friend who was younger than him was In charge of the family.

I will say he was a great heel character like Ralphie

If you wanna talk like a fucking Muliyana, we will send you to double yellow card school! :)

All seriousness, you have some point but its not that Richie couldent accept Tony but rather, Janice kept putting bullshit idea in his head. If you notice, Richie was competent as a criminal even post prison.

In the clip below, you will see Dave asking questions about orders and Tony lets Richie come up with the solution with the products. That and when Davie asks Tony what he is going to do with legal problem, Richie tells him that he has no choice to keep ordering stuff until his credit runs out and gets sued for not being able to pay it back. Or...he could pay his gambling fees. Davie looks at Tony and Tony nods as in, that's it!

This shows that Richie is competent at selling the merchandise and his opinions are well respect. Again, the thing with leader jacket was Richies way of trying to recognize Tony as a leader. In that, he respects Tony now and wants to be on good terms with him. Giving it away was a shitty move. But besides that, Richie was accepting Tony as a boss and wanted to be on his good grace.

Yes he was, in the end of the clip, Silvio tells him to call back up and Jimmies response " oh my god!!!" He knows damn well he got busted:

Christopher was a mystery to me, although Mafiosa will make money off of drugs they are really against the use of it, the reason being is because the addiction and constant chasing after drugs is not only distracting, but a drug addict is much more apt to talk (rat people out, become an informant). Tony put up with a lot of Christopher's shit, that would have gotten any one else killed.

People forget that it was Richie, who at the time was a Capo, stood up for Tony and Jackie Aprile when they robbed Feech Lamana's Card game. There was a sit down, and Richie backed his younger brother, and Tony.

Yup, in the mafia, drug using is a big no. Even after the intervention, Tony told Chris that if it was anyone else, he would have gotten an intervention in the back of the head. I agree with Chris being a mystery but you know what was the mysterious part for me?

Its that, it was revealed to Tony in season two that Chris wants to be a movie director and that Adrianna was paying for his acting lessons. Tony tells Chris to make up his mind, if he wants to go to Hollywood, then don't comeback to the party.

This was super weird. I mean, in real life, you would be 100 percent out!!! He could have gotten spared because he killed that email guy but you would NOT want to have a Christopher Moltesanti in your group. This was before he got made. It was weird that Tony even gave him an option...

Richie did save Tony and Jackies ass. Ralph mentioned to Jackie jrhow the right people intervened and the guys got their money back and Tony as well as Jackie sr were spared from retaliation. I assume the right people were Richie.

If you wanna talk like a fucking Muliyana, we will send you to double yellow card school! :)

All seriousness, you have some point but its not that Richie couldent accept Tony but rather, Janice kept putting bullshit idea in his head. If you notice, Richie was competent as a criminal even post prison.

In the clip below, you will see Dave asking questions about orders and Tony lets Richie come up with the solution with the products. That and when Davie asks Tony what he is going to do with legal problem, Richie tells him that he has no choice to keep ordering stuff until his credit runs out and gets sued for not being able to pay it back. Or...he could pay his gambling fees. Davie looks at Tony and Tony nods as in, that's it!

This shows that Richie is competent at selling the merchandise and his opinions are well respect. Again, the thing with leader jacket was Richies way of trying to recognize Tony as a leader. In that, he respects Tony now and wants to be on good terms with him. Giving it away was a shitty move. But besides that, Richie was accepting Tony as a boss and wanted to be on his good grace.

Yes he was, in the end of the clip, Silvio tells him to call back up and Jimmies response " oh my god!!!" He knows damn well he got busted:

Yup, in the mafia, drug using is a big no. Even after the intervention, Tony told Chris that if it was anyone else, he would have gotten an intervention in the back of the head. I agree with Chris being a mystery but you know what was the mysterious part for me?

Its that, it was revealed to Tony in season two that Chris wants to be a movie director and that Adrianna was paying for his acting lessons. Tony tells Chris to make up his mind, if he wants to go to Hollywood, then don't comeback to the party.

This was super weird. I mean, in real life, you would be 100 percent out!!! He could have gotten spared because he killed that email guy but you would NOT want to have a Christopher Moltesanti in your group. This was before he got made. It was weird that Tony even gave him an option...

Richie did save Tony and Jackies ass. Ralph mentioned to Jackie jrhow the right people intervened and the guys got their money back and Tony as well as Jackie sr were spared from retaliation. I assume the right people were Richie.

Problem is Ritchie undermined Tony from the start. He sold drugs on the routes when he was told not to do those types of things.

That was just one example of Richie stepping over the boundaries.

Tony knew from the beginning that Richie would be a problem and he would need to be killed.

In later seasons Feech was in a similar position and undermined Tony also. They set him up instead of killing him though. Tony learned his lesson with Richie.

Also Jimmy Altieri wasn't an informant or at least there was never hard proof of it. The clip you posted isn't proof he was a rat

Problem is Ritchie undermined Tony from the start. He sold drugs on the routes when he was told not to do those types of things.

That was just one example of Richie stepping over the boundaries.

Tony knew from the beginning that Richie would be a problem and he would need to be killed.

In later seasons Feech was in a similar position and undermined Tony also. They set him up instead of killing him though. Tony learned his lesson with Richie.

Also Jimmy Altieri wasn't an informant or at least there was never hard proof of it. The clip you posted isn't proof he was a rat

Not at all, he reached out to Tony to get back in the game. If the Beansie/Janice thing never happened which would have been avoidable, then Richie would have run his crew like Albert in a sense that, he would be kicking it up to Tony while staying out of any drama.

That's what Richie was doing the whole time. Problem is, he had was out of prison and he realized people like Davie and Beansie were mouthing off to him or undermining him and so, he felt that his position was threatened and he was not being well respected anymore. Thus he reacted like a psychopath which put him at odds with Tony.

My point is, Richie could have lived under Tony's rule if Tone wasn't such a fucking hypocrite. There was a scene with Richie saying "okay tone, these are your rules" then Tony said "No, these are not MY rules, these rules have been in place since the beginning"

It turns out Tony was wrong, he never enforces the traditional rules, he only does it when its convenient for him. He got called out on it by Chris at around 4:45

But besides that, he gives Tony B the casino despite the fact that he is not even made! Only did because they are close cousins.

EDIT: I got it wrong. I posted the wrong video about Jimmy but there was a video with Jimmy requesting a sit down for repeating the same thing that was said. I thought that was the give away.

Last edited:
Not at all, he reached out to Tony to get back in the game. If the Beansie/Janice thing never happened which would have been avoidable, then Richie would have run his crew like Albert in a sense that, he would be kicking it up to Tony while staying out of any drama.

That's what Richie was doing the whole time. Problem is, he had was out of prison and he realized people like Davie and Beansie were mouthing off to him or undermining him and so, he felt that his position was threatened and he was not being well respected anymore. Thus he reacted like a psychopath which put him at odds with Tony.

My point is, Richie could have lived under Tony's rule if Tone wasn't such a fucking hypocrite. There was a scene with Richie saying "okay tone, these are your rules" then Tony said "No, these are not MY rules, these rules have been in place since the beginning"

It turns out Tony was wrong, he never enforces the traditional rules, he only does it when its convenient for him. He got called out on it by Chris at around 4:45

But besides that, he gives Tony B the casino despite the fact that he is not even made! Only did because they are close cousins.

EDIT: I got it wrong. I posted the wrong video about Jimmy but there was a video with Jimmy requesting a sit down for repeating the same thing that was said. I thought that was the give away.

Come on man he undermined Tony many many times and was a constant fly in the ointment

Threatened to kill Christipher in a room full of people. Always did the opposite of what he was told. Whether it was selling drugs on the garbage routes or the entire Beanise thing.

He wouldn't put in the ramp like he was told.

He was a constant problem and tony said years later in regards to Feech "did I learn nothin from Richie apriele"

2355692-rr1.jpg

What set the show apart was the mental health aspect.
The show is completely brilliant and so well written.

Come on man he undermined Tony many many times and was a constant fly in the ointment

Threatened to kill Christipher in a room full of people. Always did the opposite of what he was told. Whether it was selling drugs on the garbage routes or the entire Beanise thing.

He was a constant problem and tony said years later in regards to Feech "did I learn nothin from Richie apriele"

One of the many beauties of the Soprano's is David Chase left many things open to interpretation, and I believe he did it intentionally. ie Was Jimmy a Rat? Was Richie a villain or a victim? Did Ralph kill the Horse? Did Valerie the Russian survive? Did Tony live or die in the last episode?

Soprano's fans may agree or disagree on many things, but we all agree that it was the greatest show in Television history.

The whole thing started with Beansie mouthing off to Richie in an aggressive manner. It was like a dominos effect. First of all, Beansie didn't offer him any tribute upon release and then he told Richie he will not back down and that he will STEP UP!!!

Richie got undermined by a slimy cock sucker which was Beansies character who was talking tough to that teenager telling him to "hurry the fuck up about it"

I don't blame Tony for defending Beansie but Beansie was super mouthy and that incident could have been avoided if he just ended the conversation in a respectful manner instead of saying how he is going to step up and not get shaken down.

Regarding the ramp, he DID build the ramp. I mean, he didn't do it himself but rather he called Vito in the episode full leather jacket.

episode21-11.png

One of the many beauties of the Soprano's is David Chase left many things open to interpretation, and I believe he did it intentionally. ie Was Jimmy a Rat? Was Richie a villain or a victim? Did Ralph kill the Horse? Did Valerie the Russian survive? Did Tony live or die in the last episode?

Soprano's fans may agree or disagree on many things, but we all agree that it was the greatest show in Television history.

Ralphie did kill the horse tho

Ralph was a cock sucker but goddamn was he one of the best characters on the show. I wished he wasn't killed so he stayed on.

Back