Who is the physically strongest fighter in UFC history, P4P?

Matt Hughes was a beast and I saw a video of him doing a clean and snatch one handed with 100 pound dumbells and made it look easy. Also Tank was a world ranked powerlifter I thought with a 600+ bench press. I wouldn't concider either Brock or Overeem to be in the top 20 P4P strongest. Biggest? Yes.

I don't think Tank has ever been world ranked at anything, especially powerlifting...

Did you see Lesnar in the WWE? Guy threw a 500+ man like a toy and had him on his shoulders, fake or not that's impressive.

Overeem is probably more show like Kongo.

This. A lot of guys see people who are ripped and assume they're physically strong.
Or maybe they're looking at the Overeem-Lesnar fight, which had nothing to do with who was stronger. Just to do with Overeem hitting Lesnar, and Lesnar not liking it.

I've heard he's retard strong.

The Lesnar that would go full gorilla mode against Mir, or Hughes.

p4p, I'm going with Hughes

The guy was a welterweight, looked like a middleweight, and threw opponents around like lightweights. Farm strong > Gym strong

Mark Kerr was pretty strong

Sherk, Lombard, Paul Harris, short limbed, muscular build fighters are the first to come to mind.
But, keeping P4P in mind, I'm betting it would be someone from the lighter classes. Dodson comes to mind. Guy's a freak athlete.

Kevin Randleman was a monster.

Not UFC, but Ricardo Arona had some pretty freakish strength.

Currently, I'd have to say Karlos Vemola or GSP.

paul harris looks beasty too

You know what, I think he's got an amazing squeeze, just from watching his submission highlights, but his overall strength hasn't really impressed me.

Hughes P4P no question. He has working man's muscle. So instead of being able to bench 600 one time and then being tired, he can rep a lower weight tons of times. He throws guys around. He carries opponents across the cage easily.

As far as Brock goes, I feel like if he and Hughes were the same weight with the same BMI they have now Hughes would be stronger. Brock has that one time explosive muscle.

Back