Who is the most underrated fighter of all time

Tony Ferguson.

Beat the fuck out of prime RDA in altitude over 5 rounds and the fight never gets mentioned.

023richfranklin.1327561324.0.jpg

Gray Maynard - He gave Frankie all he could handle in all of their fights.

Clay Guida. He's been in some boring fights but has defeated Anthony Pettis, RDA, Nate, Gomi, etc.

put sean sherk on the list. he was a defending champ who only lost 4 times and all to HOF caliber fighters, and even while he was on top he was getting pretty much ignored.
Sean Sherk lost to scrubs. He got beat by bumbs 4 times and only had 36 wins.

Probably the best blue belt I've ever seen. His down fall was not being able to take strikes well. Glad you mentioned him though.
Very true. He was one of the first fighters I really "followed." I was so bummed whenever he lost, but his wins were almost always insane.

Forrest.

Beat rampage and finished shogun when,both,were prime

I am just gonna leave this here

01. Moose is 32 years old and he has already fought 50 times in MMA. Quite an impressive record. He has only 7 wins by decision. He KOed 23 of his opponents and submitted 12 of them.

02. He has fought in the best MMA organizations of all time. Pride, Strikeforce, Dream and UFC. Also, let’s not forget the K1 kickboxing organization.

03. Dreamcatcher has 42 wins and only 6 losses. He was (T)KOed only one time in his entire career.

04. Mousasi fought many times bigger guys than him at Openweight, Light-Heavyweight and Heavyweight.

05. Also, he fought some of the best fighters ever. He KOed guys like Gary Goodridge, Renato Sobral, Sokoudjou, Ronaldo Souza, Dan Henderson, Vitor Belfort, Chris Weidman. He submitted fighters like Melvin Manhoef, Akihiro Gono and Mark Hunt. He won by decision against Thales Leites, Ovince Saint Preux, Hector Lombard. He lost to the UFC fighter Lyoto Machida, also by decision.

06. The Armenian Assassin (another not-so-known nickname of Mousasi) is the kind of fighter able to fight six or seven times a year, while competing in other sports like kickboxing, for example.

07. He was never suspended for banned substances of any kind and he has never missed weight.

08. Not very related, but Mousasi is also a kickboxer and he has a nice record of 8 wins and 0 losses. He succeeded to KO kickboxers like Mousasi and Kyotaro. He is a former amateur boxing champion in Netherlands, with a record of 12 wins and 1 loss.

09. Moose is a rounded fighter, with a solid kickboxing. During his career, he demonstrated that he can KO his opponents with punches, knees, flying knees or head kicks. He can submit people by using triangle chokes, rear-naked chokes, guillotine chokes or armbars. He has a black belt in judo.

If headbutts and knees to a downed opponent were still allowed then maybe Mark Coleman.

Benavidaz is a good pick, maybe best fighter not to hold belt, he should try 135 again

James Vick
i

1 loss in 7 years. (Unless you count TUF)
Most wins are by KO/TKO/sub
Yet still massively underrated.

Last edited:
Back