Who is the most underrated fighter of all time

There is only one answer to this....

20121225102305_andy_wang.JPG

Andy "The Wangsta" Wang

Jens Pulver, Sergei Kharitonov, Pedro Rizzo, Stipe, but probably #1 is Tim Sylvia.

Maybe not the most, but Franklin is up there. Part of the problem is that older fighters are not known by newer fans - not that I expect people to go back and watch old fights.

Dolph Lundgren. Because of his spiky hair & his ice cold demeanor.

Benson Henderson.

I kind of agree with This, whilst he is one of my favourite fighters ever (so I could be biased), I hate how people dismiss his wins over Edgar and call them a robbery. The fights were too close to be considered a robbery in either way and I think Henderson was just too much for edgar to handle.

Since he's gone to bellator many people have been calling him washed up and done, which is a shame, and to be honest he hasn't looked very good. I just hope he can turn things around, although I'm not optimistic.

I kind of agree with This, whilst he is one of my favourite fighters ever (so I could be biased), I hate how people dismiss his wins over Edgar and call them a robbery. The fights were too close to be considered a robbery in either way and I think Henderson was just too much for edgar to handle.

Since he's gone to bellator many people have been calling him washed up and done, which is a shame, and to be honest he hasn't looked very good. I just hope he can turn things around, although I'm not optimistic.

The first fight was close but the second was a clear 49-46 for Frankie.

As far as underated, I'll probably get shit but Ronda. She's underrated by hardcore but overrated by casuals.

Lamas, Joe B, Jim Miller, Caraway

Frankie Edgar

This is the correct Answer. He’s been fighting in the UFC for 11 years. He’s never been finished. To go that many fights with no KO or submission losses is crazy. Especially for a 36 year old fighting at featherweight. Sure he’s lost a few fights but he’s never been dominated. A win over Holloway cements his legacy and deserving of GOAT discussion.

another one that is low key underrated is DC

Only lost to the Goat and has competed in 2 divisions.

Gustafsson is even more underrated. He could easily be 2-0 against prime Jones and prime DC, but no-one will even remember him after his career is over.

Post-break Anderson Silva. I honestly feel that people don’t give him the props for what he’s done. The stuff he’s done after one of the worst injuries in UFC history is almost more impressive than the stuff he did before - fighting at his age and at that level after that break is fucking ridiculous.

Rashad Evans

The way he won TUF at Heavyweight then captured the LHW belt was amazing, out his rivalry with Rampage nadecfor ine of the greatest TUFs of all time.

Stephen Thompson

No one talks about him really but I still think he’s going to be champ at WW and I think he’s going to hold the belt for a long time.

Paul Daley

Just an absolute beast who has fought many of the best. He always brings it and it’s such a travesty he’s been banned from the UFC. He could have filled the void left by Diaz and I’d have loved to have seen him fight Lawler when Lawler was Champ.

Conor attacks multiple officials in an event where hes not even competing - "love conor, love what he's done for the sport. We'll take him off a card he's not booked on"

Daley punches a fighter he was just having a fight with - “There’s no excuse for that. These guys are professional athletes. You don’t ever hit a guy blatantly after the bell like that, whether you’re frustrated or not. It was probably one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen because he is a talented guy, and he is one of the best 170-pounders in the world." - lifetime ban

giphy.gif

Conor attacks multiple officials in an event where hes not even competing - "love conor, love what he's done for the sport. We'll take him off a card he's not booked on"

Daley punches a fighter he was just having a fight with - “There’s no excuse for that. These guys are professional athletes. You don’t ever hit a guy blatantly after the bell like that, whether you’re frustrated or not. It was probably one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen because he is a talented guy, and he is one of the best 170-pounders in the world." - lifetime ban

giphy.gif

Nail on the head.

Shinya Aoki
shinya-aoki-grappling-tights-spats-8-joachim-hansen-1.jpg

For a long time the best LW outside the UFC and overall #2 LW. Crazy ass subs and a real character. Often got shit on for being one dimensional but one hell of a dimension!

Back