Who is the Most Underrated Actor Right Now?

This dude immediately comes to mind
379216a2bf59f9fa39e114267ec47752c254749b3d11e571f5502daaa40c3db0.jpg
Is he the diabeetus guy?

For a very, very long time he was among the most underrated and unfairly unknown character actors in the game. Now, unfortunately everyone knows him as "the guy from Scrubs" but at least everyone knows him.

Kind of reminded me of when Kurtwood Smith finally became a star as "the Dad from That 70s Show."
Kurtwood Smith was hard af in Robocop, great villian

Miles Teller.

Whiplash,Only the Brave,Thank You for Your Service, and Bleed For This, he's great in. War Dogs is a guilty pleasure movie I enjoy too. I know he can have a punchable face at times, but if he's doing somewhat serious roles, I really enjoy his acting.

I loved Bleed for This, but could he look any less like Vinny Pazienza?

Oscar Isaac is anything but underrated, lol. The dude isn't a big budget movie star that is gonna carry a series on his shoulder, but he's well known for being a great actor. He's been in some of the best films made in the last 4-5 years. Inside Lewin Davis, Ex Machina, A Most Violent Year, Show Me a Hero, and of course, Star Wars. He's a big deal.

He's also one of my fav actors.

He's also been terrible in a lot of roles. Like Robin Hood, Sucker Punch, and Apocalypse.

The guy gets better the lower the budget gets, but when the dollars start rising, he becomes the most hammy of hams.

images

or Marky Mark and Micky Ward

images

Oh, fuck yeah. I hated that. That was not the role for him. But of course, he probably made that movie just so he could pretend he was Micky Ward for a few weeks.

Also, could he and Ben Affleck please stop making movies about Boston and how brilliant yet tough everyone from there is? I just saw Netflix has a movie called Southie: the toughest neighborhood in America, starring Donnie ducking Walhburg. We get it. They like Boston. But I seriously doubt Southie is the toughest neighborhood in America.

lol I can absolutely agree and co-sign on that. It's similar to when I moved to Michigan for work about 5 years ago now, people here think that if they claim being from Detroit , it automatically makes them a badass and gives them street cred x1,000. Meanwhile, our office and where I live is 2+ hours away from there...

lol I can absolutely agree and co-sign on that. It's similar to when I moved to Michigan for work about 5 years ago now, people here think that if they claim being from Detroit , it automatically makes them a badass and gives them street cred x1,000. Meanwhile, our office and where I live is 2+ hours away from there...

To be fair, Detroit probably has some hard ass people living there. Much harder than those in Boston. But two hours from Detroit is not Detroit.

Also, could he and Ben Affleck please stop making movies about Boston and how brilliant yet tough everyone from there is? I just saw Netflix has a movie called Southie: the toughest neighborhood in America, starring Donnie ducking Walhburg. We get it. They like Boston. But I seriously doubt Southie is the toughest neighborhood in America.

I hate Boston as well. Based only on movies about Boston. Although I guess Boondock Saints was Boston and I'll always love that flick. But of course they made a documentary about Boondock Saints which was pretty much about about how people from Boston are complete assholes.

Kurtwood Smith was hard af in Robocop, great villian

Both he and Paul McCrane went kind of against type and did a great job in Robocop.

Macon Blair was excellent in this too. @BisexualMMA

He's very good. He's a guy where there's nothing remarkable at all about his appearance, but he gets by entirely on his acting chops. Was also good in Spotlight.

Miles Teller.

Whiplash,Only the Brave,Thank You for Your Service, and Bleed For This, he's great in. War Dogs is a guilty pleasure movie I enjoy too. I know he can have a punchable face at times, but if he's doing somewhat serious roles, I really enjoy his acting.

Came here to say this. He's been pretty good in everything I've seen him in.

It's too bad that he's a socially awkward weirdo in real life and has a punchable face.

He's also been terrible in a lot of roles. Like Robin Hood, Sucker Punch, and Apocalypse.

The guy gets better the lower the budget gets, but when the dollars start rising, he becomes the most hammy of hams.
I don’t think he was terrible in sucker punch... believable but over acting in Robin Hood. I don’t think apocalypse was his fault. It was a bad script and bland story to begin with. Wooden characters can rarely be brought to life.
But no one delivers perfection time and time again, I suppose

My choice would go to Ben Foster. He's had great roles in films like Hell or High Water, 3:10 to Yuma, Aplha Dog, Lone Survivor and Histage yet he rarely gets the recognition he deserves.

bond2.gif
He was great in Breaking Bad

Its nice to see Walton Goggins finally getting some love.

Mark Strong. He's good in whatever he's in, but I feel like he's often cast to bolster a movie (Green Lantern) or show (Low Winter Sun) that has problems or weak writing and never really gets to shine in something strong, say apart from Kingsman. He can do drama, action, and has a sense of humor.

His role as Sorter in Revolver was good. I really wish he was Agent 47 instead of Timothy Olyphant in Hitman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back