Who is the most reliable MMA analyst when it comes to picking fights?

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Chael Sonnen is very well-spoken and experienced but he tends to be terrible with picks. He picked Conor.

Dan Hardy's track record isn't very good either. He's not as bad as Chael but as far as I've been tracking, he's wrong more than 1/2 the time. He picked Conor.

Firas Zahabi is pretty reliable. Very smart. He sees it as 50/50.

GSP is pretty good with his picks. He sees it as 60/40 Khabib.

Mike Tyson is not well-spoken and terrible with his picks. He has Khabib.

Schaub and Dillashaw see Conor winning it.

Jon Jones seems to hint at Khabib winning.

i dont take that make notice on who gets their picks wrong. i pick kebab though, hopefully conor smokes him. Then i am also shit with my tips

Danny Segura even though he kind of shits on TJ on the p4p list which I disagree with but honestly this kid is like 22 been on air several years is now promoted to MMAfighting.com's second most important person he's too smart and mature for this sport he's going to go on and cover bigger and better things that's why Luke always asks his opinion first and treats him like a Prince. Danny is very impressive for a young journalist big things ahead for him. If you have a lock pick in your gut, and Danny doesn't agree, maybe think twice, but his opinion would make me give it a harder look. He is young and fucks up a lot though as any person who is forced to pick all 12 fights would.

Danny Segura even though he kind of shits on TJ on the p4p list which I disagree with but honestly this kid is like 22 been on air several years is now promoted to MMAfighting.com's second most important person he's too smart and mature for this sport he's going to go on and cover bigger and better sports things that's why Luke always asks his opinion first and treats him like a Prince. Danny is very impressive for a young journalist big things ahead for him.

Hi Danny

Gsp predicted Weidman to beat Silva. Maybe thats why he didn't go up until he lost to Luke who lost to Ping.

Huge fan of GSPs fight picks and usually Hardy's fight breakdowns.

Want to compare bet slips? It's not due to Danny but I know who the consistent pickers are against the spread and Danny sticks out. Half the Battle sucks. Saftic on the Mayo show is truly awful. MMA vivi-section is a joke. So please, tell me who has some good picks to consider? I don't particularly like Danny, but at his age I just know he's going to move on to something bigger.

Smartest pick so far is Firas Zahabi. It's 50/50. Whoever imposes their game first wins as both are masters of their craft.

Danny Segura even though he kind of shits on TJ on the p4p list which I disagree with but honestly this kid is like 22 been on air several years is now promoted to MMAfighting.com's second most important person he's too smart and mature for this sport he's going to go on and cover bigger and better things that's why Luke always asks his opinion first and treats him like a Prince. Danny is very impressive for a young journalist big things ahead for him. If you have a lock pick in your gut, and Danny doesn't agree, maybe think twice, but his opinion would make me give it a harder look. He is young and fucks up a lot though as any person who is forced to pick all 12 fights would.

Never heard him break techniques down. The guy speaks about soccer and south american culture.

Most people in the fight world are picking Conor. Khabibs striking is too bad, he will get caught and dropped at some point. Don’t tell me how he’s a great wrestler and this fight is going to the ground. I know that, but khabibs striking is at a level so far below Conor I think he gets put on Queer Street during their first exchange.

This is the same general consensus feeling I had with Stipe over Frances and Tyron over Till

Never heard him break techniques down. The guy speaks about soccer and south american culture.
Yeah he posts his picks on Fridays. They're just straight up moneyline picks, and he's good at it. Brett Okamoto went 1 for 5 on Ariel's show. New York Ric went 2-3. Ariel went 4-1. Ariel is not bad himself. Going one for 4 or 2-3 during international fight week pick 5 locks over three events and you go 1 for 5 and your lock is Ngannou over Stipe...? Okamoto should have been fired on the spot. And this dude constantly flies to Vegas to make wagers. Kenflo pretty good too.

Last edited:
Luca Fury had a pretty decent Record back in the day.

Havent heard from him in a while. Not even sure If he is around anymore.

The guy had a ridiculous streak of winning events for a while

I agree with FZ, one guy dominates with his strength...Conor standing or Khabib on the ground.

I thought Barboza would give Khabib a lot of trouble standing, obviously that didn't happen. Conor will no doubt try to bait Khabib and counter.

Khabib 51 times out of 100. Tossup fight.

Nobody is 100% accurate. My gut tells me this fight will be one sided no matter who wins. I see it as 50/50, but the fight starts in Conor's world and his timing/accuracy/footwork/overall striking game is lightyears ahead of Khabib. He's also much faster than Khabib. For that reason, if I had to make a pick, it would be Conor.

I don't think Khabib's striking is good enough to last long on the feet with Conor, and I don't think he can avoid getting hit while closing the distance(which he has to do to win).

Even though Conor has a chance of catching him it most likely won't be a nockdown and one way or another Khabib has a good chance of taking him down. If Khabib gets to work him over with g&p for 3min it's going to zap a lot of Conor's strength for the next round so even though it starts standing he won't be near the threat.

Having said that it's definitely a possibility Conor takes it in the stand up.

Jack Slack.

He doesn't always give a definitive prediction but a lot of the time he describes how someone can/will win pretty accurately.

Chael Sonnen is very well-spoken and experienced but he tends to be terrible with picks. He picked Conor.

Dan Hardy's track record isn't very good either. He's not as bad as Chael but as far as I've been tracking, he's wrong more than 1/2 the time. He picked Conor.

Firas Zahabi is pretty reliable. Very smart. He sees it as 50/50.

GSP is pretty good with his picks. He sees it as 60/40 Khabib.

Mike Tyson is not well-spoken and terrible with his picks. He has Khabib.

Schaub and Dillashaw see Conor winning it.

Jon Jones seems to hint at Khabib winning.

Most importantly, who does Nam Phan pick?

Back