who is the best American fighter in history?

Anyone who says any name other than "Jon Jones" does not deserve to have an opinion.

Jones is EASILY the greatest American fighter in history.

Don Frye

Don-Frye-wallpaper.jpg

GwYzQSs.gif

lol at people thinking Hendo was clean. Put an asterisk by his name too then.

But I'll put forward some "clean" fighters:

Matt Hughes
Chuck Liddell
Handy Couture
Rich Franklin
BJ Penn
Frankie Edgar

Randy Couture was definitely on steroids. I think he was allowed to use TRT. There's no way a person of his age can compete at such a high level and have his body recover and function naturally. The amount of injuries that young dudes get, and he was 45 competing at championship levels. No way his body can recover from injuries better than 25 year olds at 45.

Pre train-wreck Bones. 2nd is MM, who gets far too much disrespect because of his size. His skillset is off the charts. A healthy Cain would have been a force to be reckoned with.

Randy Couture was definitely on steroids. I think he was allowed to use TRT. There's no way a person of his age can compete at such a high level and have his body recover and function naturally. The amount of injuries that young dudes get, and he was 45 competing at championship levels. No way his body can recover from injuries better than 25 year olds at 45.
But he's the natural

I have to say Dan Henderson.
Multiple time champion at different weight classes.
And unlike most fighter today he was willing to fight anybody.
Unlike Jon Jones being terrified to fight Alexander again.
Or Demetrious Johnson finally getting an opportunity to fight somebody who is worth a damn then ducking him like there's no tomorrow.

I also have to put Rich Ace Franklin The Prodigy BJ Penn and Quinton Rampage Jackson on that short list.

Henderson, Randy, DJ.

Probably Henderson or Hughes. Great careers and they lasted the test of time.

Mighty Mouse. The 125 GOAT. Hope after Borg he takes the Dillashaw - Garbrandt fight. Think a big name would really help out his resume'.

Henderson without a doubt. Jones a close second if he was clean

I can't tell if some of y'all are for real or just trolling. Ronda Rousey....really? GTFOH

Back