who is the best American fighter in history?

Conor

:p im kidding.

Gotta go with hendo or bj. Hendo was two weight champ in pride. Champ in strikeforce. Id say hell of a run in ufc. Then theres bj ufc lightweight amd welterweight champ. Fought some good names outside the ufc.

525cd8e09c4754f357311e9f6720d4ab--american-pride-rando.jpg

Ignoring cheating, it's Jones. How can you say that when the most recent guys he beat never popped?

Isn't playing by the rules to be factored in to any GOAT discussion?
Don't worry Dan Henderson did trt by the rules and people still call him a steroid freak

If I thought about it a lot I don't know who I'd pick. The first thought that came to my head was Hendo.

Edit: I want to say BJ but as much as I respect the guy he had a lot of disappointing fights.
He strongly believes in Hawaiian sovereignty, he wouldn't want to be lumped into an American discussion.

And I know he's not "disciplined" bj anymore but better safe than sorry.

Don't worry Dan Henderson did trt by the rules and people still call him a steroid freak
Okay well I'm not that familiar with Dan Henderson's situation. I have heard this before but I never did my research.

I have to say Dan Henderson.
Multiple time champion at different weight classes.
And unlike most fighter today he was willing to fight anybody.
Unlike Jon Jones being terrified to fight Alexander again.
Or Demetrious Johnson finally getting an opportunity to fight somebody who is worth a damn then ducking him like there's no tomorrow.

I also have to put Rich Ace Franklin The Prodigy BJ Penn and Quinton Rampage Jackson on that short list.[/QUO
I have to say Dan Henderson.
Multiple time champion at different weight classes.
And unlike most fighter today he was willing to fight anybody.
Unlike Jon Jones being terrified to fight Alexander again.
Or Demetrious Johnson finally getting an opportunity to fight somebody who is worth a damn then ducking him like there's no tomorrow.

I also have to put Rich Ace Franklin The Prodigy BJ Penn and Quinton Rampage Jackson on that short list.
Chuck Norris is American you bonehead. Next question.

Ev
Ignoring cheating, it's Jones. How can you say that when the most recent guys he beat never popped?

Isn't playing by the rules to be factored in to any GOAT discussion?

Everyone is on PED's, accept it

Barnett
Coleman
Couture
Kerr
Randleman
Severn
Tank Abbott

If you are talking pound for pound..

BJ Penn
Dan Henderson
Jon Jones