Who is aldos best win?

Actually, Aldo's entire string of title defenses from the time he took the title from Brown in 2009 to his loss to Conor in 2015 was pretty amazing.

2009: Brown
2010: Faber, Gamburyan
2011: Hominick, Florian
2012: Mendes
2013: Edgar, Jung
2014: Lamas, Mendes

Manny is probably the weakest fighter on that list, followed by Lamas, but the rest were really, really elite fighters and he beat all of them decisively.

Bruh, do not compare Manny to Lamas. Lamas is a great fighter. 10-3 in the UFC and Top 5 main stay for the better half of the last 6 years

Frankie

anyone picking Faber over MTB wasnt watching MMA at the time. Brown was on a tear, unanimous best 145er, destroyed Faber twice, undefeated in 10 fights/3years and even beat top LW Edwards, and was in the top 10 P4P

MTB and Frankie are Aldos only P4P wins

Faber is a better career FW than MTB, but beating 09 Brown>>beating 10 Faber

are we really sitting around pretending it's not Mendes? Both times, Mendes was the undisputed number 2 FW, first time being undefeated, second time only having lost to Aldo.

are we really sitting around pretending it's not Mendes? Both times, Mendes was the undisputed number 2 FW, first time being undefeated, second time only having lost to Aldo.

im not saying you arent right, but you think mendes was a better win than edgar? edgar was a former champ and has beaten guys like swanson, faber, and

TornGrotesqueIndianelephant.gif

if we take it where they were at the time, i can see mendes over edgar. overall, edgar by far

im not saying you arent right, but you think mendes was a better win than edgar? edgar was a former champ and has beaten guys like swanson, faber, and

TornGrotesqueIndianelephant.gif

if we take it where they were at the time, i can see mendes over edgar. overall, edgar by far

And to add to that Edgar being former champ from a heavier weight class, who fared quite well up there

Gotta be EDGAR....that's like Anderson Silva beating Weidman twice.

IMO it was Edgar 2 - coming off a loss against former LW champ and perennial contender and he puts on a nearly flawless performance

Mendes 2 is probably my favorite title fight ever but not a clean or as impressive win.

Ignoring the way he won and just going by names, Edgar, Mendes, Brown, Faber are all great wins.

Bruh, do not compare Manny to Lamas. Lamas is a great fighter. 10-3 in the UFC and Top 5 main stay for the better half of the last 6 years

I've never been that impressed by Lamas. Mostly because he seemed like an also-ran at FW, good but clearly a tier below the top guys like Aldo, Edgar, Mendes, and Holloway (and Conor when he was still a FW). The only reason he got his shot at Aldo IMHO is because all of the fighter's ahead of him had already lost to Aldo.

I wouldn't be too proud of Mendes 2 if I were Aldo.

Mendes was a much better fighter at that point. When they first fought he was a wrestler with rudimentary striking. Then he got with Ludwig and started knocking guys out.

You also have to keep in mind their competition. Edgar had beaten/had-close-fights-with much better fighters than Mendes at the time of their respective title shots. Losing a split decision to 2012 Bendo >>> beating 2011 Rani Yahya

The non-loss over Conor was pretty impressive. I could have sworn he lost via a 13 second KO, but I must have been wrong, because Aldo has said himself that it wasn't a real loss.

So a non-loss against the FW/LW champ is a pretty big deal.

Mednez imo. Overcoming psychological disorders is tough.

Back