Who is aldos best win?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
edgar. mednez. faber, jung, brown?

I think the jung win will look better over time. I think the edgar win probably looks best atm

Beating Frankie Edgar twice is incredibly impressive.

His day might be done but Aldo is the OG at featherweight.

The 2nd Edgar win was a flawless victory over someone that was destroying everyone else at 145. That's gotta be the best.

Beating Frankie Edgar twice is incredibly impressive.

His day might be done but Aldo is the OG at featherweight.

i remember the first fight. some people here thought frankie won. I didn't BTW

frankie might be the only think aldo has over mcgregor, if anything. great win.

2X Edgar, 2X Mendes
Both tool Conor with full camp.

i remember the first fight. some people here thought frankie won. I didn't BTW

frankie might be the only think aldo has over mcgregor, if anything. great win.

I was rooting for Frankie in both fights because I love that little fucker, but credit where credit is due; Aldo had his number.

Edgar then Mendes. Faber was pretty spectacular at the time as well.

Probably Edgar I and II and Mendes II, Faber was impressive. Brown was impressive at hte time and Swanson looks better with age. Lamas was a really underrated performance, made him look useless.

I want to see a Holloway rematch, I think he will beat him if they go again.

Edgar , but Hominick was my favorite of his fights , Aldo won handily but no friggin quit in Hominick at all even with a tennis ball sticking out of his head.

Actually, Aldo's entire string of title defenses from the time he took the title from Brown in 2009 to his loss to Conor in 2015 was pretty amazing.

2009: Brown
2010: Faber, Gamburyan
2011: Hominick, Florian
2012: Mendes
2013: Edgar, Jung
2014: Lamas, Mendes

Manny is probably the weakest fighter on that list, followed by Lamas, but the rest were really, really elite fighters and he beat all of them decisively.

Most impressive, Faber, really flawless performance against a former champion.
Best victory, second Frankie win, he was coming off a brutal loss and Edgar was on a big roll.

Edgar, Faber is worth some mention. So does MTB (people forgot how well regarded he was at the time Aldo beat him). Mendes twice, once by finish is also hugely impressive. Mendes looked like a monster when Aldo beat him the second time.

Edgar, Faber, mendes, Brown, Lamas, Jung

Back