Who has the best resume ? Machida or Wonderboy ?

I said I agree about all your points that we can't compare WB career to Machida. But Hendricks was still legitimately ranked as #1 or #2 contender going into that fight. Its easy to look back in hindsight now but I do believe the WB beatdown ALSO contributed to derailing Hendricks. He had already taken a lot of damage in the 2 wars with Lawler & then the WB beatdown exasperated his situation. Some guys are never the same after some bad beatings, so I think that's something to consider along with the IV

That's not how it works though.

Big Foot would go on to a record of 1-9 with 8 ko losses after they banned TRT. Big foot fought for a title two fights before that ban, so with your logic, just because he was ranked high, it makes it a completely legit win, highly ranked Big foot entirely in his prime, not a win over incredibly washed Big Foot?

That's not looking back on hindsight. It's literally looking at what IV ban or trt ban had on certain fighters, and its effects on them. Just because some guy fought them right after that ban, or ten fights down the road, doesn't make it less washed up.

Wonderboy is so overrated. People saying he would beat GSP back then. Yeah, the guy who is begging not to fight any grapplers would beat one of the best wrestlers of all time.

That's not how it works though.

Big Foot would go on to a record of 1-9 with 8 ko losses after they banned TRT. Big foot fought for a title two fights before that ban, so with your logic, just because he was ranked high, it makes it a completely legit win, highly ranked Big foot entirely in his prime, not a win over incredibly washed Big Foot?

That's not looking back on hindsight. It's literally looking at what IV ban or trt ban had on certain fighters, and its effects on them. Just because some guy fought them right after that ban, or ten fights down the road, doesn't make it less washed up.

Even if Usman goes on to lose his next 3 fights, at the time Leon beat him, he was champ. So yea, you're entitled to your opinion but I disagree with "that's not how it works", because I think my opinion is valid too. You're speculating or guessing too, & even though I think its a fair speculation re: IV use & its effect on his performance, Hendricks was not just highly ranked but he was probably still the #1 or #2 contender at the time, he was coming off a win over Brown who was probably ranked like 7 going into that fight or maybe even higher (Brown had just lost to Lawler in a title eliminator). He also took a ton of damage in the 2 Lawler fights & then got finished badly by WB, I do think those things can severely hinder a career, along with possibly the IV issue

Even if Usman goes on to lose his next 3 fights, at the time Leon beat him, he was champ. So yea, you're entitled to your opinion but I disagree with "that's not how it works", because I think my opinion is valid too. You're speculating or guessing too, & even though I think its a fair speculation re: IV use & its effect on his performance, Hendricks was not just highly ranked but he was probably still the #1 or #2 contender at the time, he was coming off a win over Brown who was probably ranked like 7 going into that fight or maybe even higher (Brown had just lost to Lawler in a title eliminator)

bruh Iv ban happened after Brown fight.

you can believe what you want. I guess wins over Big Foot after TRT ban means something to some people after all. I mean, hell he went 1-9 with 8 ko losses, but i guess it could just be all in hindsight, guessing and speculating and so on.

But yeah, good night sir, not something worth arguing over.

bruh Iv ban happened after Brown fight.

you can believe what you want. I guess wins over Big Foot after TRT ban means something to some people after all. I mean, hell he went 1-9 with 8 ko losses, but i guess it could just be all in hindsight, guessing and speculating and so on.

But yeah, good night sir, not something worth arguing over.

If BF was ranked #1 or #2 at the time of the fight, its still a legit win with a lot of value. But the guys winning after that 1st loss in that 1-9 losing streak, the win does not have the same value. At the time of WB win, Hendricks was legit still ranked #1 or #2, his slide hadn't happened yet, he was coming off a win over a ranked guy. TRT & IV isn't exactly the same, I understand what you're trying to say but IV use in & of itself is not the same as TRT. I think TRT has a much bigger effect IMO

If BF was ranked #1 or #2 at the time of the fight, its still a legit win with a lot of value. But the guys winning after that 1st loss in that 1-9 losing streak, the win does not have the same value. At the time of WB win, Hendricks was legit still ranked #1 or #2, his slide hadn't happened yet, he was coming off a win over a ranked guy. TRT & IV isn't exactly the same, I understand what you're trying to say but IV use in & of itself is not the same as TRT. I think TRT has a much bigger effect IMO

I can understand what you are saying, and I can respect that, but if you look at post-TRT ban Big Foot and post-IV ban Hendricks, not something I can agree with, so we can just all agree to disagree, cheers.

When machida won the belt, it legit felt like who tf is gonna solve this puzzle that is machida. Hence the welcome to the machida era. We hadn't seen a high level counter striker that was elusive as smoke.

Maybe wonderboy came through when the level of competition was a higher calibre, thus it was harder to look like machida did.

Both dudes are on the mount Rushmore for respect in mma.

Both have excellent resumes of wins that are much deeper than what’s listed in the OP but Lyoto’s is pretty clearly better.

I can understand what you are saying, and I can respect that, but if you look at post-TRT ban Big Foot and post-IV ban Hendricks, not something I can agree with, so we can just all agree to disagree, cheers.

You are right that it isn't anything worth arguing over, & I think your point is fair. Have a good day & cheers

Weird thread. The only correlation between these fighters is their karate/kickboxing similar stand up style.

Who’s got the better CV Cain Velasquez or Josh Koshcheck ?
Even then their Karate styles are completely different.

Best KO's? Machida.
Lyoto-Machida-vs-Fabian-Edwards-Bellator-281-02.jpg

jon-jones-after-choking-out-lyoto-machida-with-a-standing-v0-bwyfqlorzl191.jpg

GettyImages-102417946_0.jpg

<GinJuice>
1-1 with shogun. Jones is a juicer. And the Fabian edwards one was dinosaur machida. Just sayin!

machida by a country mile. how is this even questionable?

Machida had the better resume and was more well-rounded. Had more power. I don't think Wonderboy would have fared as well in the most dangerous spots that Machida has been in.
Incidentally, I love to see a rematch between Holland and Thompson.

Machida he won a belt in very impressive fashion , imo he displayed karate at its best in mma

WB most notable wins : Ellenberger, pre MW Whittaker, Hendrick, Masvidal, Rory, Luque, Neal

Machida most notabel wins : Bonnar, Franklin, Rashad, Mousasi, Tito, Shogun (controversial), Aging Hendo

We have to put context into those wins : Whittaker was a great win but he was not the Bobby Knuckles we know now. Shogun would have been a great win if it was not tainted by the horrendus decision. Hendo was on the downside of his career, this is clear as well.

Machida by a LOT.

WB most notable wins : Ellenberger, pre MW Whittaker, Hendrick, Masvidal, Rory, Luque, Neal

Machida most notabel wins : Bonnar, Franklin, Rashad, Mousasi, Tito, Shogun (controversial), Aging Hendo

We have to put context into those wins : Whittaker was a great win but he was not the Bobby Knuckles we know now. Shogun would have been a great win if it was not tainted by the horrendus decision. Hendo was on the downside of his career, this is clear as well.

Good question, and way better than the reaction you got.

Wonderboy's 'big' wins are big.

Machida definitely beats him on a résumé-per-résumé basis, he beat real legends and won the title, but let's not pretend Wonderboy wasn't a 'contender' hunter.

He got some great wins, and while those fighters aren't 'legends', the welterweight division equally wasn't as established as the light heavyweight division and he doesn't get the kudos he should.

If Wonderboy had beaten Tyron, this question would be super legit - and those fights were very close, so the 'CLEARLY MACHIDA' posts are kinda false...

Fine margins.

Back