Who has a better resume: Mousasi or Rockhold?

Mousasi couldn't beat Jacare and Machida. If he did there wouldn't be much argument. I give Mousasi the nod due to the number of fights and fighting at different weights. Weidman may have gotten the belt, but he couldn't defend it so that doesn't help him much. They're pretty close IMO. It's a fight I would have loved to see.
I'm a biased Mousasi supporter and I admit it but I try to keep things real.They fought jacare and machida at different times and under significant different circumstances. Mousasi s fight against Lyoto was his first fight back at 185 in a long time and coming off a pair of acl- years.....and that was still the tail end of prime machida.Jacare-usada...thats all I'm going to say.Also, on top of that jacare was at his best which kind of go hand in hand. Also people forget Mousasi also beat jacare.
Mousasi also started fighting when he was 18 and has been elite since age of 20 and is now in his prime and fighting best at 32...pretty impressive.
Luke is already regressing in the chin category but a complete beast everywhere else.
To compare now , though, it has to be Gegard.We'll see what happens in next 3-4 years

Lol, I'm glad your not a judge.
Someone needs to tell Rory and Shlemenko that you can't connect weakly on 3 of 15 spinning shit for a half a round (2) then get taken down by a guy with one eye and get beat about the sides of his head.

Go watch the fight

I i used Rory as an example... There were over a dozen fighters that were in agreement. Apparently you know better than they do. So which super secret pro fighter are you?

Like I said numbnuts, even Mousasi felt he lost, you know the guy you are defending?

I i used Rory as an example... There were over a dozen fighters that were in agreement. Apparently you know better than they do. So which super secret pro fighter are you?

Like I said numbnuts, even Mousasi felt he lost, you know the guy you are defending?
No numbnuts, he didn't think he lost.WHAT THE FUCk ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU MORON!

and as far as other fighters are considered (the handful of them) they looked at fight the way I explained.Mousaai was supposed to dominate. He didn't because he had a broken orbital one minute into fight so theyre (the handful of them- "not that many") are as dumb as you.
With one eye, he managed to dominate round 1 , win round 2 (go watch and be honest) and lost round 3.
Simple

Not to mention he's been championed in every organization he's fought in except UFC and he was on his way there then UFC 199 happened and Bisping brought down an entire weight class

400,000 plus sponsors plus freedoms that ufc would just deem unacceptable compared to the 20,000 bump off his 100/ 50 + Reebok.

Esoteric it's not.
Go back to the 1st grade and learn SIMPLE math..

You have my sympathy and your welcome.
Where the fuck do you people come from- Lol
{<doc}

Do you live in a cave? Do you see how t.shots are given out ---- he has already earned his shot but he'd have STILL fight Rockhold and somebody else cause some Brit held the division hostage for a very long time.

Do you have a brain?
(sorry- a bit over the top... I know you have one)
Then why wouldnt he stay with UFC if he was so close? Sure maybe Bellator gave him a 100k signing bonus or whatever but if Moose felt he was so close to the top then why not stay and try to prove it. He cant act like he wasnt treated fairly when UFC let him headline his first 4 UFC fights

Then why wouldnt he stay with UFC if he was so close? Sure maybe Bellator gave him a 100k signing bonus or whatever but if Moose felt he was so close to the top then why not stay and try to prove it. He cant act like he wasnt treated fairly when UFC let him headline his first 4 UFC fights
I'm trying to do this with respect , ok?
First off he's headlined or co headlined every one of his UFC fights outside of UFC 200 [ where he was first to offer to fight Cormier and Anderson once again stole his fight]
He fought out his contracts including his last one where he went 7-1 and finished against the worst style match up for him. There then comes a " 30 day negotiation period " where nobody is allowed to talk to Gegard only UFC.
They disrespect him in every way- tell him he's not a name (lol) yet he's in headliner or co every fight. They offer him a silly bump on his pay.This goes on for 30 days. Meanwhile, he had already earned a title shot.Bisping was offered and said " Bisping v Mousasi is bad for business, no " " I'm the champ , I call the shots"....

Bellator have him a helluva alot more than what you think (Don't know where you're getting your info) plus his sponsor money which in Gegard's case is SIGNIFICANT.

UFC started back peddling when Bellator offered him this contract and finally put in offer less than Bellator but almost competitive.

Now, you're Gegard Mousasi. Bisping wants no part of you .they already penned the Whitaker-Romero fight.
He now has to fight Rockhold and then probably someone else because of Bisping fighting hendo (lol) and then just waiting out Gsp.
He 's on a 5 fight win streak (maybe the only star to leave UFC on such a streak).

What would you do ?

The only thing I'm remiss about is that the Whitaker fight was a week or 2 after he signed with Bellator and he got hurt.If he had waited 2 weeks maybe things couldve turned out different

Last edited:
it depends how deep you want to look at it.
IMO Luke is the more ccomplished while Mousasi has been in the game (at high level) for longer.

Both have good wins and bad losses.

but Luke was the champ... Mou didn't get the belt...

Mousasi beat the same guy cockhold defeated for the belt in a shorter amount of time; mousasi v. rocksalt, I'm picking the dreamcatcher to find that glass chin.

Mousasi beat the same guy cockhold defeated for the belt in a shorter amount of time; mousasi v. rocksalt, I'm picking the dreamcatcher to find that glass chin.

Fighting Vitor now is a lot different than fighting him when he was full of "Jesus Juice".
So making these comparisons are not always optimal, and many times does not mean the same.

Compelling argument. I would say this, just because a guy didn't fight in the UFC doesn't make him a bum. Quite a number of these guys outside the UFC are preparing UFC fighters in training camp.

That said, I feel like Gerard has just been around the globe and fought under way more conditions, including diff rules, timezones (which we don't think about enough), different reffing styles, etc.

It's hard to discount just how much he has done. He's truly one of the legends of MMA. Luke was a nobody 10 years ago.
Luke made his pro debut in 07 lol so in your opinion in the last ten years when both were pro who has done more?

Luke's win over Weidman was more impressive, even if you pretend Mousasi hurt Weidman before the controversy.

Has a brutal win over Lyoto, where as Mous got outclassed by him.

Jacare schooled Mousasi while Luke schooled Jacare, and most picked Luke in the rematch.

Thrashing over Bisping, rematch was universally accepted as a fluke.

Kennedy, Branch are solid wins. Tore through Boestch and Costa like they were nothing meanwhile Mous coasted against Latifi.

Mous has a longer career but lacks quality wins. All of his quality wins are guys coming off of losing streaks or in the middle of a losing streak for the most part. Weidman probably being his best win in which he was struggling thoroughly with Weidman.

01. Moose is 32 years old and he has already fought 50 times in MMA. Quite an impressive record. He has only 7 wins by decision. He KOed 23 of his opponents and submitted 12 of them.

02. He has fought in the best MMA organizations of all time. Pride, Strikeforce, Dream and UFC. Also, let's not forget the K1 kickboxing organization.

03. Dreamcatcher has 42 wins and only 6 losses. He was (T)KOed only one time in his entire career.

04. Mousasi fought many times bigger guys than him at Openweight, Light-Heavyweight and Heavyweight.

05. Also, he fought some of the best fighters ever. He KOed guys like Gary Goodridge, Renato Sobral, Sokoudjou, Ronaldo Souza, Dan Henderson, Vitor Belfort, Chris Weidman. He submitted fighters like Melvin Manhoef, Akihiro Gono and Mark Hunt. He won by decision against Thales Leites, Ovince Saint Preux, Hector Lombard. He lost to the UFC fighter Lyoto Machida, also by decision.

06. The Armenian Assassin (another not-so-known nickname of Mousasi) is the kind of fighter able to fight six or seven times a year, while competing in other sports like kickboxing, for example.

07. He was never suspended for banned substances of any kind and he has never missed weight.

08. Not very related, but Mousasi is also a kickboxer and he has a nice record of 8 wins and 0 losses. He succeeded to KO kickboxers like Mousasi and Kyotaro. He is a former amateur boxing champion in Netherlands, with a record of 12 wins and 1 loss.

09. Moose is a rounded fighter, with a solid kickboxing. During his career, he demonstrated that he can KO his opponents with punches, knees, flying knees or head kicks. He can submit people by using triangle chokes, rear-naked chokes, guillotine chokes or armbars.

Fighting Vitor now is a lot different than fighting him when he was full of "Jesus Juice".
So making these comparisons are not always optimal, and many times does not mean the same.

I was talking about whineman, but the comparison you made is equally applicable to machida. Look at his physique in his fight vs mousasi then compare that to his bloated shape vs rocksalt.

Yeah, Rockhold has been UFC and Strikeforce champ, and it can only get better from here. Mousasi on the other hand is just wasting his time in Bellator until one of their lesser fighters end up beating him.
You do know Mousasi has been championed every organization he's fought in (including SFORCE) and if not for UFC greed and Michael Bisping he'd be champ in UFC (or well on his way by now)

Back