Who else seeks revenge like Conor McGregor?

Conor McGregor in his UFC career has lost to 3 fighters.

Nate
Dustin
Khabib

For two of those losses he demanded immediate rematches in a fight that didn’t involve the title.

I have never seen a fighter demand a immediate rematch with someone that just beat him without controversy.

Nate chokes McGregor out and rather than seeking a different opponent, he demands the same opponent and it’s not for the title so it’s not about fame/glory.

Generally, an immediate rematch with someone who just had your number is high risk, why would you demand a fight again with someone who just beat you?

McGregor rolled the dice twice ( he tried against Khabib but Khabib won’t do it )

Has anyone else ever tried to get an immediate rematch for their losses that didn’t involve a title or wasn’t controversial?

I can’t recall other fighters wanting that kind of risk, to rematch immediately with someone who finished them cleanly.
It’s called Dana White privilege. Almost every fighter would take an immediate rematch but few are afforded the opportunity.

Do most? Who?

I don’t recall people who get ktfo or subbed ask for the same guy again, don’t think I’ve ever seen it.
Tiki Ghosen lost because of a "cut". Let's run that back.

Most fighters do want immediate rematches to avenge their loss, but they don't have the Conor privilege of getting an immediate rematch, and have to instead work their way back up
ROFL, this was too perfect for the first comment.

Majority of fighters typically want another chance to get it back, especially when they get embarrassed after cherry picking a fight or matching up well with someone.

Nate
Dustin
Khabib

For two of those losses he demanded immediate rematches in a fight that didn’t involve the title.

I have never seen a fighter demand a immediate rematch with someone that just beat him without controversy.

Nate chokes McGregor out and rather than seeking a different opponent, he demands the same opponent and it’s not for the title so it’s not about fame/glory.

Generally, an immediate rematch with someone who just had your number is high risk, why would you demand a fight again with someone who just beat you?

McGregor rolled the dice twice ( he tried against Khabib but Khabib won’t do it )

Has anyone else ever tried to get an immediate rematch for their losses that didn’t involve a title or wasn’t controversial?

I can’t recall other fighters wanting that kind of risk, to rematch immediately with someone who finished them cleanly.
Like you said the Khabib fight was for the title so it’s not surprising he’d want a rematch for a championship.

The Diaz rematch more or less had to happen in order to achieve his goal of a title fight at 155. Their first bout was supposed to be against RDA for the title but Dos Anjos got injured and had to pull out. That’s all well and good but then Conor lost to a different 155er in a fight he was supposed to win, on short notice no less, so the only way he was going to be able to claw back that champ-champ opportunity was to fight Diaz again and beat him.

I've heard Matt Hamill wanted a Jones rematch for many years, but his pleas fell on deaf ears.

1702107404993.png

Nate
Dustin
Khabib

He also hasn't given a single rematch to anyone he's beaten with the sole exception of Dustin

The manly thing is no asking for rematches when you lost. Everybody does that. Hell Mayhem Miller is the GOAT then.

The manly thing is give the rematches to the people you beat, when they deserve it.

Last edited:
Chuck Liddell wanted to avenge his losses to Randy, Horn, and Rampage. Succeeded on the first 2.

Nate
Dustin
Khabib

Oh that happens rather frequently. We have recent cases with Valentina and Amanda Nunes losing by RNC but doing much better in the rematch. And we have plenty of non-title immediate remarchs: Ion cuteleba and Ankalaev, korean zombie and Leonard Garcia, and here's one from the way back machine: Kevin Burns and Anthony Johnson.

I hope I get to see a Michael Chandler and Conor trilogy, but let's see if the first fight ever happens.

You better let Conor buy you a drink at the bar, if not he's seek revenge and sucker punch you even if you're 60 years old.

He would also seek revenge by buying the bar and banning you from it.

OP gettin roughed up a little ITT.

it isn't terribly uncommon to hear a guy who lost that night, in post fight pressers asking to run it back. Esp if the finish came quick via KO or sub, and they weren't otherwise "dominated," or close decisions.

Back