Rewatch Who do you think won Whittaker/Romero 2?

The guy didn't even move in the first round. Total number of punches thrown?

You've been around since 2013, whose dick you been sucking before Izzy debuted? I have not seen a single post from you where you did not play the ol rusty trombone on that dude

only watched it once, unmuted with Joe Rogan sounds. i thought Romero won, barely, if i had to pick one.

but, i commend the judges for picking Whittaker though because Romero missed weight. they made the right choice for once, the right man won

Last edited:
Yoel rocking Whittaker in 4th should have given him the close round.

I don't remember the round by round score I had, but I was/am convinced that Whittaker won.

I thought Romero won but it was close enough that nobody can really complain about the outcome.

Sucks for Yoel being so close to being champion but as a karate nut hugger I was thrilled Rob got the nod.

Probs a draw, fucking amazing fight
Though, watched it with my bouncer buddy.

Idk about that one but this one should be a point deduction:

What is he supposed to do stand still for Yoel to launch his once per round explosive attack? Seriously if you are insecure in your manhood and it bothers you that a guy who sometimes wears pink hair could literally kill you bare handed just say so and move on. There is Zero reason to hate on Izzy for that fight. Yoel shit his pants in the octagon literally and shit the bed figuratively. He was gifted a 4th title shot and comes up with that performance.

Imagine having that steel monster doing that to you. Horrific
So you aren't allowed to make yourself hard to hit? Its on the fighter to make sure they expose themselves to their opponents attacks? Is that seriously what you are saying? I know on Sherdog it is common to say retarded shit but that is a bridge to far.
tropic-thunder-never-go-full-retard.gif

Maybe it should be on Yoel to lose some of the explosive muscle that causes him to have no gas tank, miss weight and stand still to conserve energy rather than have a variety of attacks.

Idk but Romero should have won against Adesanya
Lmao no he didn’t. Thats was probably the easiest fight ever to score. They bearly did anything (Romero being very guilty of this), but you could easily count on your fingers that he was outstricken in 3 rounds, everything else if of no importance. People are desperate with that fight when it is one of the cleanest defeats Romero ever had. And he only has himself to blame. You cannot play that game against Izzy, he is not stupid to get dropped or killed like every one of Romero’s opponents, only because they allow him to use his explosiveness in close range. Izzy completely disarmed him and he was never gonna outpoint Izzy for at least 3 rounds.

I still think that this fight changed Whittaker forever. Adesanya caught him a year after this war. The type of damage he sustained vs Romero is career changing.

What is he supposed to do stand still for Yoel to launch his once per round explosive attack? Seriously if you are insecure in your manhood and it bothers you that a guy who sometimes wears pink hair could literally kill you bare handed just say so and move on. There is Zero reason to hate on Izzy for that fight. Yoel shit his pants in the octagon literally and shit the bed figuratively. He was gifted a 4th title shot and comes up with that performance.
Nice projection

I do remember Robert saying hitting Romero was painful and that he himself was getting banged up by seemingly winning the rounds against Romero & unsure why.

Rob does have that good guy honesty going on lol. He's pretty funny to listen to.

The fight should have been stopped at 3:17 of Round 5 when Whittaker stopped fighting and completely turtled up, which left the entire back side of his head exposed and him unable to see any strikes coming.

Instead, the referee did the opposite and warned Romero not to hit Whittaker in the head (only the back of the head was showing in Whittaker's complete turtle). This action by the referee stopped Romero's fight-ending onslaught of undefended and unanswered punches, thus allowing Whittaker time to recover and escape without being attacked.

JyoBzy.gif

3232362-turtle-is-hiding-in-its-shell.jpg

I'm triggered by the UFCs rules that this is allowed. If you turtle like this it's not an inteligent defense, referees should immediately tell them to move or I'm going to stop it, regardless of the rabbit punches are coming or not.
This tactics shouldn't even be allowed to just show the back of your head and be like "ha, you can't hit that, let me recover now", such nonsense.

It was a draw or romero won.

There is no dimension in the world where Whittaker won. Worst scoring of a fight I've ever seen. I will not respect the opinion of any person who says Whittaker won. Crack heads who can't score a fight objectively. Simple as.

Looked at the records....it said Whittaker won....so I'm gonna go with.....Whittaker

Here's the fight if u wanna include it. Watched again and yeah there's no way to score rounds 3, 4, & 5 any other way than for Yoel. Rob was outpointing him in round 4 with solid jabs & glancing lowkicks, but gets wobbled twice in the final 30 secs.

How is round 5 not a 10-8?

Back