Rewatch Who do you think won Whittaker/Romero 2?

When did this get added to the judging criteria?
salsa-dance.gif
Idk about that one but this one should be a point deduction:

The fight should have been stopped at 3:17 of Round 5 when Whittaker stopped fighting and completely turtled up, which left the entire back side of his head exposed and him unable to see any strikes coming.

Instead, the referee did the opposite and warned Romero not to hit Whittaker in the head (only the back of the head was showing in Whittaker's complete turtle). This action by the referee stopped Romero's fight-ending onslaught of undefended and unanswered punches, thus allowing Whittaker time to recover and escape without being attacked.

JyoBzy.gif

3232362-turtle-is-hiding-in-its-shell.jpg

Imagine having that steel monster doing that to you. Horrific

Is this the fight where Romero raised his hand as they were calling the winner as if it was a forgone conclusion that he won. Then was so shocked that he didn’t win that he was just speechless?
Edit: maybe this is what I’m thinking of

Haven’t watched this fight in years but from what I remember Bobby started out hot by jabbing the shit outta Yoels eye. Probably breaking his orbital early. Robert ended up breaking his hand on Romeros steel face, and Yoel who was pacing himself took advantage of the situation and dropped/wobbled Robert like 3 times in the later rounds iirc. I think Robert may have landed a couple of nice head kicks too.

Yoel got his face changed after this fight, his eye has never looked the same. Yet robert sounded extremely concussed after the fight, like a completely different person.

So who do you think won this fight? Round by round. And also if this fight was judged as a whole, who do you think would have taken it?

Idk who won this fight by UFC standards, and I was happy to see Robert get the win. But I did leave feeling like if this was pride judging Robert would have definitely lost the fight.
Both their fights were absolute wars. But this second one was particularly brutal on both participants.
Here's the fight if u wanna include it. Watched again and yeah there's no way to score rounds 3, 4, & 5 any other way than for Yoel. Rob was outpointing him in round 4 with solid jabs & glancing lowkicks, but gets wobbled twice in the final 30 secs.

Yoel was the more effective fighter but he just wasn’t busy enough. This plagued him throughout his career, particularly his late career. Between his age and the amount of muscle he carries, he had to be very measured in his movements so as not to gas.

I just rewatched it. By my judging it comes down to the 4th round. Whittaker landed a few more strikes that round but Romero landed the harder strikes. Whittaker rnd 1,2 Romero rnd 3,5. Tough fight to call

10-9 Rob
10-9 Rob
10-9 Yoel
10-9 Rob
10-8 Yoel

47-47 draw

the rounds are very clear. Its only a question if you thought round 3 was a 10-8 as well for Yoel as round 5 clearly was.

You gave the idea to rewatch it, I'm at the start of the 3rd round and it's 2-0 Whittaker. <{silvanormal}>

It's been a while and I don't remember how I scored it round by round, but what I do distinctly remember is Whittaker being near-death, hurt, and stumbling around trying to avoid being KOed multiple times in the fight.

Back