Rewatch Who do you think won Whittaker/Romero 2?

I just rewatched it. By my judging it comes down to the 4th round. Whittaker landed a few more strikes that round but Romero landed the harder strikes. Whittaker rnd 1,2 Romero rnd 3,5. Tough fight to call
You didn't see a 10-8 round???

You didn't see a 10-8 round???
Maybe. The only argument I have against the 10-8 was the way Robert was able to regain his composure and get right back to his game plan. Pretty impressive really considering the power shots he took.

I don't remember the round by round score I had, but I was/am convinced that Whittaker won.

Watch it again. He lost or it was a draw. there was a 10-8 round in that fight. you'd have to deny that in order for whittaker to be called the winner.
Maybe. The only argument I have against the 10-8 was the way Robert was able to regain his composure and get right back to his game plan. Pretty impressive really considering the power shots he took.
In both Round 3 and 5, Yoel knocked him down, landed twice as many strikes and controlled him on the ground for half around.

I can't see how that isn't a 10-8 round, round 3 was closer because whittaker landed a a good strikes before, but theres no way in hell round 5 isn't a 10-8 round.

I don't remember it well but it was fun and close.

Super close, but I had Whittaker or at best for yoel, a draw
I haven't watched in forever but I seem to remember Joe Rogan being a cheerleader for "gEnEtIc fReAk" yoel Romero lol

Who won? The crowd and fans, for sure. It doesn't matter anymore which fighter won (of course was Whittaker, but anyway). Much different than Adesanya vs Romero, when Adesanya made everyone lose their time watching that...

Nice projection
OK putting the Sherdoggery and name calling aside, do you seriously you expect a fighter to stand still and wait for a one dimensional guy like Yoel to throw his 1 or two explosive moves per round that could win him the fight? Yoel has one skill and that is launching crazy fight ending power. But he sacrifices gas tank, variety, etc in order to have all that power. That is why Whittaker and Izzy were able to beat him.

Freely admit I might be getting this mixed but didn't he break Yoel's orbital with a kick in the fight? Screams point fighting. Incidentally 1, 2 and 4 for Whittaker. Question is whether you gave Yoel the 5th 10-8. I didn't so 48-47 Reaper and at best you can mount an argument for a draw for Yoel.
"Pillow fisted" Whittaker actually broke Romero's eye with a jab

Back