Who do you blame for Woodley vs Thompson 2 being boring?

Who do you blame for Woodley vs Thompson 2 being boring?

• Total voters
Both. Wonderboy is a counter striker but remember how offensive he was against Hendricks? Same with Woodley, he seemed scared of Thompson and backed up the entire time.

leon-stansfield-everyone.gif~c200

Wonderboy, you have to beat the champ convincingly if you want that belt.

The Unified Rules and judging criteria cause both of them to be tentative.

Well, Woodley wasn't engaging that was why it was so boring. Thompson did nothing wrong. He did his thing. It's Woodley who should be getting multiple yellow cards.

Yo' Momma? Or Woodley's Momma?

'Cos I blame Woodley's Momma.

For real, a bit of both. Probably Thompson a bit more, they were in the same position in the first fight and he didn't pull the trigger, recognised that later and spoke about how he'd learned from that. Then repeated the mistake.

It's kind of hard to judge from the safety of my bedroom, tapping away on my iPad, but I think he got a bit overawed and forgot himself in both fights. Woodley was bloody lucky to get that win, too.

Honestly it's just how these two guys match up. Styles make fights. Two counter-based fighters clashing rarely makes a good show, but Woodley is the one who really did nothing but stand there with his back to the cage. At least Wonderboy was trying to bait him into acting by throwing feints and keeping pressure on him. Tyron is just too limited. Having nothing but a blast double and a good overhand means few options which means a lot of fights where he just stands there and waits for an opening. Against a tricky kick boxer like Thompson there won't be many of those and so you get a boring fight.

It's just a shame the wrong guy won, cause it means probably more boring title fights ahead. I doubt that would have been true of a Wonderboy reign.

Both to blame, wouldnt take ANY major risks. I understand there is a lot at risk and on the line but Twood was blabbing about a finish and how he is here to break all records and be the best eva.

Wonderboy could have engaged more too, I think those big blows he ate in the first fight made him very tentative. Back in line for him I wanna see Demian go after it.

Does no one remember this dude in strikeforce. Lay n pray and getting gifted decisions. That's why the nate marquardt ko was so sweet, nevermind the sick combo he ended it with.

But then again I'm probably just racist

Back