Who do you blame for Woodley vs Thompson 2 being boring?

Who do you blame for Woodley vs Thompson 2 being boring?

• Total voters
Both guys were lazy as fuck and just looking for a decision.

Wonderboy was the contender. I blame him for not taking ANY risks

I don't really blame anyone. Sometimes the fight is just even and they know how to defend against each other too well. Anyone gets hesitant when they can't time what they want to do. It's still awful to watch though.

Both. Wonderboy for not wanting it enough to do something significant and Tyron for saying how he was going to run through Wonderboy and then gave a shit performance by doing the bare minimum to just barely win.

I blame them both. Wonderboy should have attacked more, but Woodley is a disgusting, vile, low IQ, irritating piece of shit.

Fuck them both as far as I'm concerned, but Lord I fucking hate Woodley.

I blame Ken Shamrock & Dan Severn

2n7f9tt.jpg

When i was watching it, it was very reminiscent of Thompson/Rory. I was looking forward to that fight so damn much last year, and it pretty much sucked. Between the two of them, i'd say Thompson is the more likely to have a boring fight.

Thompson didn't take the ultimate risk. Champs have a judging advantage that no one talks about and challengers always lose close title fights.
Penn/Edgar 1

Overall both.. but only one was refusing to fight all the way backed into the cage for 23 minutes.

Wboy could have been more active so they don't rob him or get that careless that he was blitzed in the end there when Woodley was desperate knowing he lost the fight.

The ref could also step up up a bit more, give them some warnings, stop the clock to talk and warn them, talk to them in the brakes in the corners and warn Woodley even take away a point he would have came out to play way sooner.

Ugly fight, poor performances by both, they lost stock and the champ is fake.

Last edited:
Woodley obviously. He backed up or sat on the fence like 80% of the fight. Backing away and basically refusing to engage unless Wonderboy engaged first was an embarrassment. He almost never engaged any offensive first, just tried to back away, run, and counter.

He's done this a ton of times in his career and had stinkers. This is Wonderboys first ever boring fight.

Overall both.. but only one was refusing to fight all the way backed into the cage for 23 minutes.

Wboy could have been more active so they don't rob him or get that careless that he was blitzed in the end there when Woodley was desperate knowing he lost the fight.

The ref could also step up up a bit more, give them some warnings, stop the clock to talk and warn them, talk to them in the brakes in the corners and warn Woodley even take away a point he would have came out to play way sooner.

Ugly fight, poor performances by both, they lost stock and the champ is fake.

Well said. Kinda surprised Big John wasn't more involved. He usually loves to get involved. Probably because it was a title fight, but I wish he had.

3. Both

They are just a boring style when put together.. both their fights were garbage, yes including their first fight in NY that was boring too. People just remember the flash points from that fight but watch the entire full 5 rounds again and you will see its just mostly staring and feints with very little action, apart from those few flash points. UFC 209 was even worse.

Wonderboy ....he's the contender.

You have to beat the champ. This golden rule has been around for ages

Thompson and the UFC. White people are responsible for everything bad on this planet.

I blame both but hold it more against Thompson because
1) he was the challenger and should have been fighting to take the title, not simply to not lose; and
2) Woodley at least had a couple of brief spurts of aggression

Actually, I thought Thompson won the fight but the way he did it, it's hard to be upset about his being handed a loss by the judges.

In a title fight it's on the challenger to be the aggressor. He's there to take the belt. You don't take something away from another man by waiting for him to attack you.

Both, but lately I'm blaming thompson a little more because if he wanted that belt then he should have went for it, which is something he said he would do leading up to the rematch.

Scoring system that prompted them to fight not to lose vs going for a win.

Back