Who do you blame for Woodley vs Thompson 2 being boring?

Who do you blame for Woodley vs Thompson 2 being boring?

• Total voters
Both. Woodley backed up a majority of the fight barely throwing anything. He won because he went for it a few times, but did nothing like 90% of the time. Wonderboy didn't do shit either. Backs up Woodley then never commits. That fight was trash.

Agree with the "all 3" sentiment. Ref should ve warned them and instil some sense if urgency into them and both wonderboy and woodley should ve been more active. It s why peds or not I will respect the old guard who went for it rather than these new "chess players".

Normally, the answer is always the wrassler in any fight.

But in this case, they both have boring styles.

I still voted for woodley due to the first sentence.

How can anyone blame either fighter individually for this fight? They both let one of the worst main events happen with their joint effort in this fight.

lol at the whole "Woodley backed up the whole time", you all make it sound as if Woodley was displaying intelligent side to side and in and out footwork that rendered Thompson useless. When in reality Woodley's movement (backing up) is horrible, he traps himself against the cage so many times or he rides the cage stepping to the side in just one direction most times. Thompson as the master striker had so many chances to let off on that shitty movement, and he did nothing. More his fault.

Both stalled and stared at one another for over twenty minutes of a twenty-five minute fight, so... Both are clearly at fault.

I blame the referee as well though, for not warning them or threatening to take points away for taking too long to do anything.

Accidentally voted Tyron but meant both.

But...Tyron is boring much more often than Wonderboy. Dude is way too patient & gets too comfortable with having his back against the cage in practically every fight.

Thompson didn't take the ultimate risk. Champs have a judging advantage that no one talks about and challengers always lose close title fights.
That bullshit judging advantage seemed to not apply to TJ Dillashaw when he lost his belt.

Hickson by armbar

70% Woodley

20% Thompson

10% Yo' Momma
Yo' Momma? Or Woodley's Momma?

'Cos I blame Woodley's Momma.

For real, a bit of both. Probably Thompson a bit more, they were in the same position in the first fight and he didn't pull the trigger, recognised that later and spoke about how he'd learned from that. Then repeated the mistake.

It's kind of hard to judge from the safety of my bedroom, tapping away on my iPad, but I think he got a bit overawed and forgot himself in both fights. Woodley was bloody lucky to get that win, too.

That was such a shitty fight. If they fight again it should be non ppv. If anything I blame Wonderboy

The most important question hasn't been asked regarding the header of UFC 209.
Who do you blame for Twood vs Wonderboy 2 being so boring?

1. Wonderboy
2. Woodley
3. Both
4. None. Rogan is right (was a great chess match)
Number 4 is an insult to chess. Can't believe 4 people actually thought that was good.

They wanted to draw again because this guy scares the shit out of both of them

Demian-Maia-by-Cristina-Sampaio-021.jpg

Woodly. Karate fighters do not brawl. Unless they have potential 1 hit KO power like machida, you might be in for some boring shit if you don't admire the stick and move strategy.

Back