Who did you have winning Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder and how did you score it? It ended in a draw.

Who do you think won the fight?

• Total voters
I’m sorry but Fury won the first fight and it wasn’t even close.

If you had Wilder winning you’re either blind or a fucking retard. End of thread.

Well, it happened to be a draw.

it's great for the sport, let me ad that, we haven't seen this kind of excitement for the division for a long time.

It must be an attention grabber. I can count on one hand the number of times you have commented on a current matchup.

One thing i will say though.

The decision was bullshit.

1 judge had Wilder winning on points? What the actual fuck?

I'd take a majority draw but a split? What?
Meh. First few rounds were close rounds. No reason someone couldn't have scored them for Wilder.

I sort of think a lot of people were swayed by Fury's showboating and silly faces.

Just watching some of it again, Wilder won round 2 pretty clear IMO and edged round 1 as well. All Fury really does in those rounds is put his hands behind his back, throw his hands up in the air and throw a few jabs.

Your math is off.

8 to 4 is 114 to 112 fury with the two 8s

Anyway

Even if its closer than I admit, I still had it 10-2 fury. So even if I had it somewhat closer fury still lapped him.

I mean, the question was never 'was the fight closer than admitted' (that is, a fury landslide). the question is, can you really give wilder 5 rounds?
I think 10-2 for Fury is Adelaide Byrd level scoring, honestly. Round 1 was very close, Wilder probably did enough in round 2, Fury took round 3, 4 and 5 were both pretty close rounds as well. Fury really wasn't all that dominant. He won a few rounds pretty clear but not enough to totally negate 2 10-8 rounds.

I think 10-2 for Fury is Adelaide Byrd level scoring, honestly. Round 1 was very close, Wilder probably did enough in round 2, Fury took round 3, 4 and 5 were both pretty close rounds as well. Fury really wasn't all that dominant. He won a few rounds pretty clear but not enough to totally negate 2 10-8 rounds.

Yeah, we know bro

I agree with everything you've said - you don't think it's inevitable that Wilder will land? Although he came off a long lay off I opine that Fury fought his absolute best in their first fight. There's hearsay that Wilder's focusing on his jab but I'm not buying it. I also think Wilder putting on weight won't do him any favours. Do you know anything about Sugar Hill Steward?

Fury does look like slightly more muscular than usual here:

He looks fitter than first time, even if 15 heavier. More Lean mass and leaner looking.

Yeah, we know bro
Just saying, thats a bad score. Everyone else at least has it close, pretty much one round either way. You only gave Wilder the rounds you had to give him and even then, wasn't it you that tried to argue they shouldn't have been scored 10-8 like every other round with a knockdown in boxing? Sounds like you were trying to score the fight for Fury rather than scoring the rounds proper.

Just saying, thats a bad score. Everyone else at least has it close, pretty much one round either way. You only gave Wilder the rounds you had to give him and even then, wasn't it you that tried to argue they shouldn't have been scored 10-8 like every other round with a knockdown in boxing? Sounds like you were trying to score the fight for Fury rather than scoring the rounds proper.

10 - 2 is a score I stand by. Any of the rounds you give to wilder I can reasonably give to Fury. I mean, you give the same reasoning for explaining your canelo vs ggg scoring, so I figure I can do the same here.

Beside I already conceded to @Yacob that I very well could nudge 1 or 2 rounds wilders way. As was pointed out though, even if I give him 3 rounds he still loses.

What was your total score of the fight?

10 - 2 is a score I stand by. Any of the rounds you give to wilder I can reasonably give to Fury. I mean, you give the same reasoning for explaining your canelo vs ggg scoring, so I figure I can do the same here.

Beside I already conceded to @Yacob that I very well could nudge 1 or 2 rounds wilders way. As was pointed out though, even if I give him 3 rounds he still loses.

What was your total score of the fight?
114/112 Wilder, I believe.

Any of the rounds you give to wilder I can reasonably give to Fury.
I agree with that. Which is why a wide score doesn't mean it's not a close fight. I have no idea why so many boxing fans always struggle with this.

Imo thats a bad score. But ive exhausted too much time arguing over this fight
Its one round away from a draw and one round closer than the judge who scored it for Wilder. A round for either fighter, either way is as wide as I can see that one. Certainly could see it for Fury 114/113. Have a hard time saying either guy dominated enough to win that many rounds clear.

I've watched it a couple of times, and like I said earlier, I think people were giving Fury extra credit for showboating and clowning. Wilder was busier, more aggressive, landed about the same amount of punches in most rounds, scored 2 knockdowns etc.

It was about as even a fight as you'll see, IMO but the KDs made the difference.

Anybody with a brain could see Fury outlanded Wilder and made Wilder miss repeatedly.

I'd give most of the rounds to Fury.

Anybody with a brain could see Fury outlanded Wilder and made Wilder miss repeatedly.

I'd give most of the rounds to Fury.
In some rounds, he did. Sure. Wilder outlanded him in several rounds, knocked him down twice and there were several rounds where they were separated in punch stats by 1 or 2 punches. I don't even disagree that Fury may have won more rounds, just not many that were really clear.

It must be an attention grabber. I can count on one hand the number of times you have commented on a current matchup.
certainly, not much to get excited over anymore. I usually am either bored or know what will happen, or just don't care. Fury should win, should have won the last time, has no business losing to a limited fighter but that's what makes it intriquing. Now.., it looks like he's serious about making it a brawl, I want to see what he says after he gets knocked out if he's serious about that, just unfathomable logic. A light puncher can win a brawl if they have a great chin, even Ali won brawls just based on that, but without that, it's just stupid. Unless, like I say, he really has a calculated way of doing it, pushing the man back or fighting inside, if he can fight inside like riddick bowe could he won't have no problem but big men fighting like that inside was only a one time thing as far as I remember.

Also the arguments become more ridiculous when you realize things look like they land vs dont differently in person vs TV.
It's a little ridiculous to think people can watch every millisecond of a fight while maintaining an accurate running punch count for strikes, strikes landed, and significant shots....for 2 different people.

Back