Who did you have winning Canelo Alvarez vs. GGG 2?

Who did you have winning?

• Total voters
Too many people giving Canelo credit for not running away. He did stay in the middle, but he wasn't controlling the fight. It's weird watching a guy get beat up for the last 6 round be called the winner. GGG worked him. Lulled him into the pocket, threw with volume, gassed Canelo, took over the fight. Like clockwork.

Just like clockwork, just liked planned. Except that GGG’s trainer said he didn’t follow the game plan.

lol

The old "Golovkin allowed himself to get worked over for 8 rounds because strategy" excuse.

{<jordan}

lol

The old "Golovkin allowed himself to get worked over for 8 rounds because strategy" excuse.

{<jordan}
They think if they discuss the fight enough times everyone will eventually agree both men won that night, or that Canelo only got the win by the technicality of being the star but GGG was the real winner. .. I don't care how many times they spin it, Canelo won the fight and had made the better argument for winning that night. He proved stronger, more skilled, and the better puncher for the majority of the fight. GGG was not the better man. The excuses just don't stand. There were Pac fans who swore he beat May, but you know they just were just saltly and bitter. Same story here.

Canelo won the fight according to scoring criteria. He landed more crisp effective striking, excelled in ring Generalship, had better defense etc.
His shots were calculated and landed hard, his feet were set on nearly everything. GGG has a great jab but was pawing a lot with his striking and those strikes were not nearly as effective. With power puchers, power shots should count much more. Triple G looked much more depleted due to striking, body work. You cannot simply win a fight between two killers by out jabbing them imo. Also if the reason Canelo lost the first fight was due to aggression in some peoples case, then this clearly should go to Canelo under that pretense.
Canelo had more effective striking in both fights.

I dont see where Golovkin even nearly dominated rounds in this fight, he had rounds that he won, and it was super close going into the last round, and i scored that for Canelo which probably swung it for me, but if it had of been a draw, i wouldnt have been bothered. Golovkin did not win that fight though, he was fighting to get a draw towards the end, and just came up short for me.

Too many people turn into compubox retards these days and dont actually watch what is going on in the actual fight.

I dont see where Golovkin even nearly dominated rounds in this fight, he had rounds that he won, and it was super close going into the last round, and i scored that for Canelo which probably swung it for me, but if it had of been a draw, i wouldnt have been bothered. Golovkin did not win that fight though, he was fighting to get a draw towards the end, and just came up short for me.

Too many people turn into compubox retards these days and dont actually watch what is going on in the actual fight.
100 percent this, you don't see compubox on this one posted much by GGG fans aka Canelo haters for a reason

Also

<insert><Half-Naked-Women.gif>

Close fight. 2 superb fighters. Thought GGG just edged it personally but not a robbery. A few rounds could have went either way.

First fight was a robbery though!

I said Canelo would win if it went to the judges...

Which means nothing, of course. Just preemptive excuse making.
It means I was right, of course. I watched the first fight and wasnt going to be surprised if GGG doesnt get a decision win.

Last edited:
GGG, thought the commentators especially RJJ were dick riding Canelo way too much. GGG was landing more shots.
But boxing isnt always judged by numbers of shots, impact is also a factor. Canelo landed a lot of body shots also.

Do you guys keep track of the rd time when scoring? I found myself having to change up my scoring in a couple of rds because I gave the guy who finished rds strong rather than giving the guy who Imo actually landed the most impact full punches.

It means I was right, of course. I watched the first fight and wasnt going to be surprised if GGG doesnt get a decision win.
Congrats on the pick. I also picked Canelo to win over 12.

I thought Golovkin took it 115-113 but there were close rounds.

I thought the first fight was a joke, but this one truly could have gone either way.

Back