Who did you have winning Canelo Alvarez vs. GGG 2?

Who did you have winning?

• Total voters
I know how boxing scoring works and scored the fight round by round. The early rounds were close, with Canelo taking more than he lost and the last 5 were a beat down.

The last 5 rounds were a beat down? That's a fantasy.

Quit pretending you know what others think. You can only account for your own thoughts.

I'm judging you for the exact words you said. You made up your mind before the fight.

We laid we cheat we steal vivalarasa

Haven't seen it. I don't really care for what fighters say. They'll go both ways and whichever side a given person is on, they can find a fighter that sides with them. Most fighters don't do round by round scoring. Like in any sport, the athletes are often times better competitors than they are coaches or analysts.
Also, being live in person you have a different viewpoint and you also hear the thumping on the body shots more, especially up close. So that does influence your perspective some than someone watching at home.

So who would you say landed the more significant punches?

I'm looking forward to all of these new faces sticking around, and remaining consistent with their scoring criteria. I bet that'll happen.

Round by round, GGG had more rounds where he landed more significantly.

Talking "power punches" is a poor argument because not all power punches are the same. Canelo was gassed after 7 and what he landed was astronomically less threatening/impactful than it had been earlier in the fight.
Guess we saw different fights.

Abel and GGG have been all class. That should be a credit to them, not Canelo. We can't complain about a fighter arguing a decision, then dismiss them because they don't.

Canelo was throwing himself across the ring when he missed with wind up shots. That's the definition of winging. Especially in the later rounds when his cardio deteriorated.

Andre Ward has problems with the GGG camp. A clear bias. A snap judgement has occurred where Canelo is getting a ton of credit for coming to fight instead of coming not to lose. He fought well, it's just very difficult to give him anything more than a draw going round by round.

Charlo, Spence and Cotto also had Canelo winning.

Abel can say what he wants about game plans. The guy just talks. He talked before the fight, he talks after it. GGG fought with every ounce of his experience and it showed when Canelo's gas tank depleted. That's when GGG went head to head and boxed him up.

Abel doesn’t just talk, that’s his trainer. If someone knows the game plan, is the person who designed it. GGG went head to head because his trainer had been telling him he was losing the fight.

Just dont see how Canelo wins more than 5 rounds. GGG boxed him up

The last 5 rounds were a beat down? That's a fantasy.

Rounds 1-2 were extremely close. I gave them to Canelo.
Rd. 3 was a toss up at the time, but the stats indicate GGG landed more jabs and power punches.
Rds. 4-5 were clear for GGG.
Rds. 6-7 were Canelo's best of the fight and succinctly won. Here he looks like the better athlete and fighter, accurately tagging GGG when he'd try to open up his combinations and stalking him around the ring.
Rd. 8 saw Canelo own the first minute before being soundly outboxed for the remaining 2/3.
Rd. 9 is where Canelo started to show visible fatigue, lunging and winging. However, I gave him the round because he landed the better shots.
Rd. 10 GGG landed some of the fight's best shots. Outworked, outboxed and landed better shots on a weary Canelo.
Rd. 11 Canelo looks a shell of himself in terms of punch velocity. This is the first time either man is ever backed to the ropes, with GGG advancing on Canelo in the end of the first minute. Overall, GGG outworks him but the damage even after Canelo rallies in the last minute and a half.
Rd. 12 Alvarez fights valiently through his fatigue but it causes him to dip his head into three nasty uppercuts, the best shots of the round and among the best of the fight.

By my count, if you give Canelo round 3 or 11, it is a draw. I'd score each a 10-10 before I'd consider them as Canelo's. It's far more difficult to explain how he lost them than how he won them.

Also, being live in person you have a different viewpoint and you also hear the thumping on the body shots more, especially up close. So that does influence your perspective some than someone watching at home.

The view is worse watching it live. It is a better spectacle in my opinion because of the environment and the flying sweat and the noise, but the best view of what's happening comes from watching on your TV.

Abel doesn’t just talk, that’s his trainer. If someone knows the game plan, is the person who designed it. GGG went head to head because his trainer had been telling him he was losing the fight.

Trainers talk. They are people just like you and I. And they say silly things all the time. What a trainer said, or another fighter, means little. After the McGregor/Mayweather fight, to cite a standout example, many professional analysts and fighters were split on whether Mayweather carried him or if Conor performed beyond expectation. It's jabber. Form your own conclusion with a reasoned, round by round explanation.

5rDR7V5.png
this is why we don't use the MMA media to score boxing.

The view is worse watching it live. It is a better spectacle in my opinion because of the environment and the flying sweat and the noise, but the best view of what's happening comes from watching on your TV.
Which is why i'd like more judges to have monitors and maybe look up only when they are on their edge of the ring

Rounds 1-2 were extremely close. I gave them to Canelo.
Rd. 3 was a toss up at the time, but the stats indicate GGG landed more jabs and power punches.
Rds. 4-5 were clear for GGG.
Rds. 6-7 were Canelo's best of the fight and succinctly won. Here he looks like the better athlete and fighter, accurately tagging GGG when he'd try to open up his combinations and stalking him around the ring.
Rd. 8 saw Canelo own the first minute before being soundly outboxed for the remaining 2/3.
Rd. 9 is where Canelo started to show visible fatigue, lunging and winging. However, I gave him the round because he landed the better shots.
Rd. 10 GGG landed some of the fight's best shots. Outworked, outboxed and landed better shots on a weary Canelo.
Rd. 11 Canelo looks a shell of himself in terms of punch velocity. This is the first time either man is ever backed to the ropes, with GGG advancing on Canelo in the end of the first minute. Overall, GGG outworks him but the damage even after Canelo rallies in the last minute and a half.
Rd. 12 Alvarez fights valiently through his fatigue but it causes him to dip his head into three nasty uppercuts, the best shots of the round and among the best of the fight.

By my count, if you give Canelo round 3 or 11, it is a draw. I'd score each a 10-10 before I'd consider them as Canelo's. It's far more difficult to explain how he lost them than how he won them.

You counted wrong. If you gave him those two rounds, you'd have Canelo with 7 rounds as you had Canelo winning, 1, 2, 6, 7, and 9. Giving him 3 and 11 makes it 115-113 Canelo on your card. Giving them 10-10 would have made it a 115-115 draw on your card.

Boxed him up my ass. He got worked over.

GGG worked over Canelo in the first fight. This fight Canelo just walked forward and got boxed up, never had GGG on the ropes, never had him in serious trouble and got outlanded.

So apparently in this fight

• GGG has sensitive skin that bruises easily
( the narrative before, GGG let's his opponents hit him but never got lumped up)

• GGG Mexican style boxing , he controlled Canelo by backing up
  • Jabs are more significant than power shots
  • Judges that team GGG picked and approved were corrupt
  • Media scores and polls are more accurate than trained judges
  • GGG put Canelo on the ropes once the whole fight so GGG WON
  • THE 4 pro figters who picked GGG as opposed to the majority who picked Canelo hold more weight
  • Abel admitting GGG was losing by round 8 was just him trying to be nice to Canelo to get a trilogy

Last edited:
Back