WHO ARE YOU

giphy.gif

I am Mike. It doesn't get much more honest than that Clippy.

It irritates me. Sure I might like a change but that would be a disservice to others. Why should I mess with theor ability to know who I am?

It irritates me. Sure I might like a change but that would be a disservice to others. Why should I mess with theor ability to know who I am?
Depends on how serious you take things here I suppose. I am myself everywhere I go, and I don't see that changing. Some people think you can't have serious discussions or make real friends here because, well, it's just sherdog.

I've had people tell me I'm an idiot for thinking I really know anyone on here or have any friends here. That's just odd to me. Everything and every place is whatever you make of it. Not everyone feels a need to have a real persona and a troll persona.

Depends on how serious you take things here I suppose. I am myself everywhere I go, and I don't see that changing. Some people think you can't have serious discussions or make real friends here because, well, it's just sherdog.

I've had people tell me I'm an idiot for thinking I really know anyone on here or have any friends here. That's just odd to me. Everything and every place is whatever you make of it. Not everyone feels a need to have a real persona and a troll persona.

Yes, I remember being 17 and having different personas online in the birth of the Internet but that was me trying to figure out who I was.

Since I came to the realisation that I got a lot more from the experience by being as honest as possible, by just being me.

I'd use my real name if it weren't so unusual, probably only a handful of people have it world wide and certainly only me in the UK.

I feel like a persona comes from a place of dissatisfaction or unhappiness, I guess being me is part of a fake it till you make it strategy.

Yes, I remember being 17 and having different personas online in the birth of the Internet but that was me trying to figure out who I was.

Since I came to the realisation that I got a lot more from the experience by being as honest as possible, by just being me.

I'd use my real name if it weren't so unusual, probably only a handful of people have it world wide and certainly only me in the UK.

I feel like a persona comes from a place of dissatisfaction or unhappiness, I guess being me is part of a fake it till you make it strategy.
Tbf I don't really like myself all that much. It's just that lying and pretending to be something I'm not doesn't really help with that at all. Like you said as a teenager sure, I had fun experimenting with reinventing myself online. I was also a ridiculously introverted person back then.

I've just never felt the need to pump myself up to impress strangers online. Honesty is pretty important to me, and so is being logically consistent. Like that old bit about if you have a friend that's nice to you but rude to the waiter, that person is still an asshole. I've had people defend certain posters on here by telling me they know them irl and they're so giving and amazing etc. Ok.... well in my only interactions with them, they're douchebags. I don't believe in the idea that you can be an asshole in certain spaces and it "doesn't count" Everything counts or nothing does.

i still dont see where to change it. nothing it shows when i click on my av allows me to change my name as far as i can tell

Back