Whittakers kicking game is FAR SUPERIOR than rockholds

i always find it funny when people feel the need to overemphasize their point, to simply say that they think one fighter is better in one aspect of fighting than another. so whitakker is FAR SUPERIOR to rockhold, and not simply far superior, eh? okay, gotcha lol .
Its called banter mate, sometimes im not sensible.

Honestly, I'm on the fence when it comes to rockhold's chin. He was knocked out by SSJ4 version of Mohawk Vitor and Bisping got a very clean Left Hook(his best punch). Same punch that wobbled Anderson, and we all know he has amazing chin.

Not sure anyone would survive both strikes.

Ps. He also has a 10 year old TKO loss, but is that even relevant?
You might have point but I don't like the way Luke stands and trades....chin a bit up in the air and is constantly open to potential brutal counters.
Even his last fight against Branch- If I was a Rockhold supporter, that 1st round was scary.Branch was getting off and at one point he had Luke against fence and put a 3-4 punch combo on Luke where id be closing one eye going "oh no"(if I was a Luke supporter).Its a concern and Vegas has finally caught up with the tools to post proper openers and again - I was surprised when I saw Whitaker -180.
I was expecting to see like a -115/-115 opener (basically a pk'em).

Flip side of the coin, Rockhold has evolved into a beast everywhere else.
We'll see what happens. Just because I'm saying all this doesn't mean I think Whitaker is going to win.Right now , I have No idea who s going to win and I probably won't even make a prediction on fight.The right 2 are fighting for the title, finally, in the middleweight division. This I'm happy about

For some reason I'm still not sold on Whittaker. Don't get me wrong, his resume is damn good, especially lately. Maybe it's his style, but he never looks like a world beater. Romero kinda seemed like he was having an off night. IDK, he's good just doesn't amaze to the point where I think he will be a long reigning champ.

I got Rockhold for this fight.

The big difference is Rockhold cant punch way out of a paper bag on his feet, he only has his kicks. He might as well be a Kyokushin fighter on his feet. Thai boxers might usually less than amazing hands but many of them can still pose a threat with their punches. So I'm not sure who is his striking coach, he has managed to learn some great kicks but hasnt learned enough boxing to say his striking style is even Muay Thai, let alone Kickboxing.

Everyone at 185 who can knows Luke cant box, which means they need to focus on just his kicks standing.

With Whitaker, he has the best boxing at 185, and underrated kicks which catch fighters off guard. I'd rather have his standup any day of the week. Luke's most dangerous weapon is his grappling and its damn good.

Maybe Rockhold's camp will finally put the work on his hands, if he would ever gain solid boxing with his kicks, he would be hell for everyone.

Weidman's boxing is superior to Whitaker.

Whittaker vs Lil' Weidman:

giphy.gif

Robert_Whittaker_vs._Stephen_Thompson_1.gif
wonderboy is a beast

I think Rob is overrated but still think he might have what it takes to beat Rockhold..not sure at all. Total 50-50 fight for me.

How is he overrated? He's just beaten the two guys many people had pegged as the best middleweights in the world in Jacare and Romero. I thought both of them would crush Whittaker.

Rockhold and Barboza are two of the best Kickers in the UFC

I would say Whittaker is a better over all striker then Salthold and more Diverse as well.

Rockholds question mark Kick is a thing of perfection.

It was earlier in the thread and very brief. Basically Rockhold's kicking game is not well set up, but he has insane power. That's why it works. He kicks hard and fast.

Robert's kicks are hidden behind setups and he uses them to compliment his punching.

@Moezao

Codpiece summarized my post nicely.

They approach their kicking game differently. At the end of the day, a round-type kick is one of the most powerful strikes you can throw. It doesn't take huge power to make it effective as long as you can land it clean. Hence why Whittaker's have such an effect. No doubt he throws them hard, but it's more that he throws them when he knows he is likely to land them. So, when they do land clean, they have a clear effect.

Rockhold has never set up his kicks well. He's fine just walking up to his opponent and trying to slice them in half with an absurdly powerful kick. And because his opponents know he can do that, they focus on defense against them. Rockhold is fine throwing a few kicks in a row, all naked, just because he knows he only needs one to land. And his opponents know that too.

It's part of why I credit him with having a better kicking game. He kicks absurdly hard for a MW. You could easily call him the hardest kicker we've seen at MW. The other part of the equation is that his stand up game is limited and he relies heavily on his kicks. The fact he's been successful on the feet with such a kicking oriented game is impressive.

I'd rather take a kick from Whittaker than from Rockhold.

Just my opinion, and it's not diminishing Whittaker at all. He's the "smarter" kicker, definitely. And part of that is because he doesn't rely on his kicks as his main offense or threat on the feet. He throws them a lot less often.

Whittaker has knocked the head off jacare and brunson with his right boot. Also beat romero with his effective front kicks.

Rockhold has body kicked and finished costas

{<jordan}

and head kicked bisping which led to the choke

{<jordan}

I may have forgotten others but thats all i can remember right now. Also to note, rockhold had been head kicked and finished.

There is no comparison as to who is the more dangerous kicker. The arguement could be made that rockholds kicks are more effective for setups but i reckon whittakers kicks are even more so, especially his front kick that send his opponents flying back making them reset constantly.

Dont be surprised if whittaker finishes rockhold with a football punt to the chops or an axe kick to the cranium.
Love how you can’t stop laughing.

Rockhold took the SF ME belt from a prime Jacare.

Whittaker is far superior than Rocksalt in everything except subs and top game. Unluckly for Lucas, he has shit wrestling.

Rockhold is on a different level going to cash4titles to get a loan on my car to let it all ride on Luke.

How is he overrated? He's just beaten the two guys many people had pegged as the best middleweights in the world in Jacare and Romero. I thought both of them would crush Whittaker.
Wonderboy trashed him. Beating Romero is impressive but he didn't do much and did no damage. He still might get lucky with Luke's chin though.

Rockhold and Barboza are two of the best Kickers in the UFC

I would say Whittaker is a better over all striker then Salthold and more Diverse as well.

Rockholds question mark Kick is a thing of perfection.
Who has he beaten from a question mark kick or stemming from that kick?

Jacare/brunson>Costa/bisping
so what? the debate wasnt about whether a is better than b. You questioned Luke's kicks and they are top notch. Imo way more versalite than Rob. I never said that Rob is not a great fighter, he is awesome but it is laughable to say that he has far better kicks than Rockhold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back