Whittakers kicking game is FAR SUPERIOR than rockholds

Rockhold is a better kicker, Rob is a better striker.

Luke's kicks are devastating, can't take that from him.

Weidman's boxing is superior to Whitaker.

Whittaker vs Lil' Weidman:

giphy.gif

Robert_Whittaker_vs._Stephen_Thompson_1.gif

Dudes a totally different fighter now, I'd like to see him fight Thompson again

Rockhold to slow and shop worn to get into a flow state standing early in the fight. Rockhold will try to take it to the ground after realizing the speed difference.
Thats my amature bro take.

Far superior ?

I'd understand superior, it's your opinion... but far superior ?

Rockhold is a power kicker, more Thai style. Whittaker is a more diverse one, more Karate style. Both effective

I think Rockholds diversity is underrated personally and kicks don't always need to be set up to be effective if there timed well.

His weakness is much more in his defence IMHO, to me he actually kinda looks like he'd trying to box like Fedor a lot of the time with the reaching punchs and upper body movement but he's nowhere near as good in terms of either timing or speed which leaves him pretty open.

That's a big call.

Rick hold is a complete penis but the man is a very talented fighter. @ShreddinMMA gave a pretty good explanation of why Rockhold's kicks work for him and how important they have been to his success.
You didnt disagree with me... very sneaky. Yes rockholds kicks are good. Very good in fact. But as effective? I dont think so

Philippou was no can man theres nothing to laugh at really

Finishing him by strikes is pretty impressive

Yep, Costas' striking game was very solid and he had great durability.

Luke folding him like that was scary.

I think Rob is overrated but still think he might have what it takes to beat Rockhold..not sure at all. Total 50-50 fight for me.
Not drinking Whitaker kool aid just yet,either. He beat a different version of jacare (Renaldo s body mass suspiciously has been smaller since Boetsch fight) and Yoel who's only getting older and has stamina issues.However he got the wins and Vegas seems to think Robert is real deal.I thought this line would open up in the pk'em area and was surprised to see they opened up Whitaker a -180 favorite over Luke. Either they believe in Whitaker or theyre making a statement on Rockhold s chin.Luke, an absolute beast every where except his Stand up defense and chin.He can be hit and Whitaker closes gap well so I'm assuming that's why he opened up that type of number.
I was taken back when I saw opener.

Who gives a fuck. One of them has a glass chin, the other hits like a truck.

Rockhold is going to get KTFO again.

You didnt disagree with me... very sneaky. Yes rockholds kicks are good. Very good in fact. But as effective? I dont think so
I'll disagree with 'far superior'. More effective is fair.

This is an exciting fight on paper and just might make me forget the GSP bs for awhile.

Wow, an Aussie nutthugging a Aussie. I'm shocked.

Well you should be because Aussies don't usually "nuthug" (which is not an expression anyone uses here) other Aussies. We call it "cultural cringe" or tall poppy syndrome, and we actually underate our countrymen and anything to do with Australia

Remember we are on the other side of the world from everything, the one thing we do have is "Aussies" and we are quite frankly sick of them (hence why we rip off US culture wholesale).

At one of our biggest events of the year, the Melbourne cup, the guest of honour/prized celeb was Paris Jackson. Some company actually payed hundreds of thousands of dollars for Paris Jackson, not Hilton, to just be there.

Well you should be because Aussies don't usually "nuthug" (which is not an expression anyone uses here) other Aussies. We call it "cultural cringe" or tall poppy syndrome, and we actually underate our countrymen and anything to do with Australia

Remember we are on the other side of the world from everything, the one thing we do have is "Aussies" and we are quite frankly sick of them (hence why we rip off US culture wholesale).

At one of our biggest events of the year, the Melbourne cup, the guest of honour/prized celeb was Paris Jackson. Some company actually payed hundreds of thousands of dollars for Paris Jackson, not Hilton, to just be there.

Wow, an Aussie defending another Aussie for nutthugging an Aussie. I'm shocked.

Just me exaggerating. Rockholds kicks are great but not as effective

I'll take your word for it. I haven't really payed much attention to Whittaker.

He can probably string a better sentence than Rockhold though. A far superior sentence :D

Back