Whittaker Suffered Several Significant Injuries

I really hope it is nothing serious that could derail his career, watching his fights are fun.

Fuck man, so young, please don't Cain yourself.

I think the current tendency to bag on ‘thoughts and prayers,’ is how lazy and overused it is in social media.

Something bad happens, everybody posts ‘thoughts and prayers,’ then goes about their day without actually doing anything to help....

“Hurricane hit Texas!”
“Thoughts and prayers.”
“The Red Cross needs blood donations to help the injured, and/or canned food and blankets and/or donations. Any little bit will help!”
“Thoughts and prayers.”

If people donated just $1 each, it would a million times more than "good thoughts" sent over the internet. But people would rather type "OMG so horrible wish I could do something" rather than donate even the smallest amount of time or money. It's actually insulting to me in a lot of cases.

There are hundreds of thousands of people out there that will type/send good thoughts and prayers over the internet, yet never donate a single cent or volunteer a minute of their actual time.

Sounds almost as bad as the time Struve went to train at AKA

giphy.gif

Was really looking forward to that fight.

Hopefully Robert makes a quick recovery.

The secrecy and unexpected announcement re the injury is weird. Lack of information usually means shit is worse than they are letting on

This is the wrong sport to attend live, especially in the USADA era where guys pull out last minute all the time.

Can confirm, going to UFN ST. Louis tomorrow and im less pumped than i usually am to stream an event in shitty quality from my living room

Romero may have destroyed his knee . Rampage still to this day say Jon fucked his shit . Oblique kicks are massive

Maybe the knee injury he had before the Romero fight, is still persisting? Imagine fighting against Romero with a bum knee and winning. What a warrior. <{anton}>
I guess he couldve gotten more injuries during this recent camp aswell.
Punctured lung and injured ribs..

Having said that, you can have good days with a bad back... Once you wreck your knee you are never the same.
I can’t speak for knee injuries, but once you fuck up your back you are never close to feeling normal again. I had it all raw power, weight lifters strength, great cardio, and could hump a 75 pound pack for days, my back problems started at 33, I amazingly made it to military retirement 2 years ago (43) and can’t work anymore. So in that 10 year span I went from A game to barely being able to pick up and carry 2 gallons of milk at the same time, lumbar surgery, countless cortisone shots, RFA twice, 6 years on the “paintrain” and my lower back kills me daily. It’s 6 am EST and I’ve been up since 4 because I woke up needing to ice my back and eat cannabis. Sorry for the wall of text and sob story, but acute back injuries are quite dehabilitating and I’m by no means an old man yet regardless of feeling like one.

I've never understood why people choose to be so shitty towards others over a kind gesture.

A get well soon card has no effect on the healing process, but people send them because it's nice and can be comforting.
People go out and buy a card, write a personal note in it and post it off. There's effort involved and it's more personal. That's a lot different than simply wriiting a vague, 5 second social media post to the whole of the internet that the person who the message is meant for might not even see anyway! I'm sure some mean well, even though it's a pointeless and ultimately empty gesture.

Eh just strip him.. He never won the real title anyways. Sure he beat Jacare and Yoel but theyve never been UFC champ.
This is such a harsh thing to say but here is reality: We probably won't see Whittaker fight this year, and when he does return, he will likely lose. This leaves us with, The champ that never was.

He had sex with Cyborg?

But seriously that is really bad, dude is a beast. I hope he will recover quickly.

Thoughts, wishes and prayers might make him heal faster

{<jordan}
If your mum gets sick do you say "get well soon"? Or do you say "get better when your immune system overcomes your illness, or else prepare for chronic discomfort, or else die"?

Offering best wishes are appropriate even if they solve nothing. It's part of what makes us human.

The only guy who did the damage lost the "fight."

"But but but MMA is real fighting." LOL

Back