Which Sherdog Era are you from?

Sherdogger Bless

• Total voters
I lurked for a few years because of dial up internet being too slow to post; I lurked for the first time around 2001, maybe a wee bit earlier, which I understand was around the time the forums started, right? I posted a few years later sporadically. I have posted off and on ever since; sometimes going years without posting.

I went through the major eras though, as Sherdog was on a different thing whenever I joined again.

Lots of examples:

The GSP vs Penn era should have its very own subgenre just because of its epic battles on Sherdog. Casualties included both mods and posters.

The TUF noob era- you were a total idiot that knew nothing of MMA if you had came about the sport through TUF.

Pride vs UFC- Pride fans believed in having better fighters, UFC fans called Pride fans elitist snobs. Back and forth it went.

When did you first start posting or lurking on the GOAT MMA / General Discussion Board?

btjZh83.gif

Could only fit 20 options *** so list your era if it isn't poled ;)
Back around 2001 when i couldn't access the fight, I used to go to sherdog & read live play-by-plays. Kept refreashing the page to read the next part of the fights. Was the best thing for a live update, so that was the best thing to do being in the land downunder. Good times. Been looking at discussions for years, but only signed up 6 months ago. That has been enjoyable.

What era is 2017? That's when I joined here l, previously posted on another forum but been watching just before TUF.

Had my 1st account in 2005 @balkanbomber.

The oldest memory I have from SD was reading forum play by play from Pride on May 5th 2006 and a shermano send me Zentsov-Yvel in a zip file per mail literally 10min after the fight was over.

Then around 2007/2008 something happened (either hacked or deleted inactive accounts) and so I had to create a new one.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back