Which mma referees are the biggest divas?

mmacasualviewer

Hardcores vs Casuals
@red
Reaction score
Mombutt McCarthy is the worst.. Herb Dean might be second. How bad are the other 5 or 6 refs.

Mark Goddard, guy's a prick, loves the sound of his own voice.
Think he had a grappling tournament coming up, I want to see him choked out

I thought he had a grappling tournament coming up, turns out he doesn't

Also
131991-Chuckie-Doll-Middle-Finger.gif

I dont even know him or if he is a "diva" ....but im gonna say herb
Just due to how bad most of his stoppages are

If anybody has a hard time choosing...just go the opposite of TS
cause he is a jagoff

I don't know about this "Diva" crap but I'll tell you and everyone else. John McCarthy is by far the most accurate referee in the UFC. Just think or go look at his fights. I count one maybe two early stoppages/mess ups. UFC Japan Conan Silveria vs. Sakuraba- Early stoppage. Other than that I haven't seen a controversial stoppage on his watch.

I can't say as much for Herb Dean. Pff

Mark Goddard is the best ref in the game. No idea where the hate is coming from.

I dislike Herb Dean. He legitimately robbed us of plenty of comebacks and fights because of horribly early stoppages. Imagine if he reffed Elkins vs Bektic.

Mark Goddard, guy's a prick, loves the sound of his own voice.
Think he had a grappling tournament coming up, I want to see him choked out

Wow. Interesting thread! It's been way way some time since I posted here, a couple of years I think!

But I just felt a little compelled to answer this one! Too good to resist.

Dear Hugh Pugh - interesting that you call me a prick, I'm pretty sure, scratch that I'm certain had you been in front of me you'd be looking at the floor right about now, too scared to repeat your words? By the way it's Marc not Mark - but I wouldn't expect you to hold such attention to detail :)

You see it's interesting, people like you with zero humility or grace are in abundant supply. It's also with noting that you call people you've never met or known a prick, interesting as it says more about you than it does anyone else. But I don't concern myself with that as it's the difference between character and reputation. Reputation is what people (like you) think you are, characheter is what you really are and you don't understand either.

The grappling match? Yes that was last Sunday and thanks I won so sorry your wish to see me choked out will have to wait - unless of course you'd like to step up?

Just a little point of note for genuine fans of the sport - a very common misconception is that we (I) like to talk during a fight - nothing could actually be further from the truth, the last thing I want is to speak. All I want to do is say "fight" at the beginning and "stop" at the end! If I'm ever talking during a fight please take it from me it is becoase something has happened that has prompted me to talk, to act and to speak - you know that's my job right? I've had many fight of the year candidates where it's a considered and competent referees job to allow the action to progress without unescessary intervention, we actually play our part in that! Trust me I don't want to hear my own voice either - fight, don't foul and youll never hear a word form me, hope you guys understand.

Oh and as for "control your weapon" - not me, never me, never would be me. But it's not the first time I've been accused of something I haven't done Comes with the territory.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks!

Also maybe I won't leave it a few years in between posts - I generally like interacting with fans of he sport as much as possible!

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Wow. Interesting thread! It's been way way some time since I posted here, a couple of years I think!

Dear Hugh Pugh - interesting that you call me a prick, I'm pretty sure, scratch that I'm certain had you been in front of me you'd be looking at the floor right about now, too scared to repeat your words?

You see it's interesting, people like you with zero humility or grace are in abundant supply. It's also with noting that you call people you've never met or known a prick, interesting as it says more about you than it does anyone else. But I don't concern myself with that as it's the difference between character and reputation. Reputation is what people (like you) think you are, characheter is what you really are and you don't understand either.

The grappling match? Yes that was last Sunday and thanks I won so sorry your wish to see me choked out will have to wait - unless of course you'd like to step up?

Just a little point of note for genuine fans of the sport - a very common misconception is that we (I) like to talk during a fight - nothing could actually be further from the truth, the last thing I want is to speak. All I want to do is say "fight" at the beginning and "stop" at the end! If I'm ever talking during a fight please take it from me it is becoase something has happened that has prompted me to talk, to act and to speak - you know that's my job right? I've had many fight of the year candidates where it's a considered and competent referees job to allow the action to progress without unescessary intervention, we actually play our part in that! Trust me I don't want to hear my own voice either - fight, don't foul and youll never he's a word form me, hope you guys understand.

Oh and as for "control your weapon" - not me, never me, never would be me. But it's not the first time I've been accused of something I haven't done Comes with the territory.

Also maybe I won't leave it a few years in between posts - I generally like interacting with fans of he sport as much as possible!

Thanks.

O SHITTTTT @HughPhug Thats a call out homie.

Owned by Marc!

Dear Hugh Pugh - interesting that you call me a prick, I'm pretty sure, scratch that I'm certain had you been in front of me you'd be looking at the floor right about now, too scared to repeat your words? By the way it's Marc not Mark - but I wouldn't expect you to hold such attention to detail :)

Just a little point of note for genuine fans of the sport - a very common misconception is that we (I) like to talk during a fight - nothing could actually be further from the truth, the last thing I want is to speak. All I want to do is say "fight" at the beginning and "stop" at the end! If I'm ever talking during a fight please take it from me it is becoase something has happened that has prompted me to talk, to act and to speak - you know that's my job right? I've had many fight of the year candidates where it's a considered and competent referees job to allow the action to progress without unescessary intervention, we actually play our part in that! Trust me I don't want to hear my own voice either - fight, don't foul and youll never hear a word form me, hope you guys understand.

<escalate99>

I'm certain had you been in front of me you'd be looking at the floor right about now
A Sherdog's classic
{<redford}

On the other hand, even as a Platinum fan and a JBG fanatic this stoppage
giphy.gif

was really late

Was nice to see you post here btw

Marc Goddard and Big John are the two best refs in the game.

Jacked Manlet Ref is diva af but he's also the GOAT so there's that

is that a call out sir??
<{danawhoah}>

Thanks for posting Marc. At the risk of being called a fanboy, I truly think your the best in the game. As to TS question, I don't KNOW any of the refs but for me Big John SEEMS to be a little egotistical. May be the finest man in the world, however that's just the impression I've gotten from what I've viewed in his articles explaining his reasoning behind his decisions.

There are referees, umpires, authority figures in every single sport that think they are more important than the athletes. The best referees are the ones seen and never heard, they don't try and impose themselves on the broadcast, to make sure they get some air time. The best ones you don't even know are in the cage.

There's nothing better than seeing the man himself respond to the unfounded criticism hahaha

You're one of the top refs for sure. I've only seen you make a few mistakes but that comes with the job. Keep up the good work!

Back