Which mma referees are the biggest divas?

There are referees, umpires, authority figures in every single sport that think they are more important than the athletes. The best referees are the ones seen and never heard, they don't try and impose themselves on the broadcast, to make sure they get some air time. The best ones you don't even know are in the cage.

Just man up and say you got owned.

Wow. Interesting thread! It's been way way some time since I posted here, a couple of years I think!

Thanks Marc for responding to us!
You're doing an amazing job, always been my favorite ref.

706074_1.jpg

Mombutt McCarthy lol..

<41>

Herb dean is the worst everything

Mombutt McCarthy lol..

<41>

Herb dean is the worst everything

Damn. People onSherdog so fickle.

Just a few months ago was reading a thread about how good Herb Dean was as a ref. After a couple tough weeks now he's a diva and terrible?

Damn you guys are like middle school girls who can't deciede which boy they like.

Every ref makes bad calls from time to time. Herb Dean is a solid ref that cares about the sport. He did need more clarification on the knee rules. But he'll learn as he cares.

Marc, thanks for the post. Don't take these jokers too seriously. Sherdog full of haters. Keep up the good work.

Damn. People onSherdog so fickle.

Just a few months ago was reading a thread about how good Herb Dean was as a ref. After a couple tough weeks now he's a diva and terrible?

Damn you guys are like middle school girls who can't deciede which boy they like.

Every ref makes bad calls from time to time. Herb Dean is a solid ref that cares about the sport. He did need more clarification on the knee rules. But he'll learn as he cares.

Marc, thanks for the post. Don't take these jokers too seriously. Sherdog full of haters. Keep up the good work.

I've been consistent with my herb dean hate for 10 years but I know what you mean.

Referees who can't admit their mistakes piss me off. Like when they stop a fight very early and can't admit it.

All you have to do is put the fighters in the same position and let the action resume.

Here's a timestamped example:

Just man up and say you got owned.

Don't see how he got owned. That was lengthy and extremely pretentious post and kind of proves his point. Sounded really packaged too. Inauthentic. Like I am gonna act like an asshole but throw in some words that show I am not. Does seem like a diva and he gets my vote now.

Mark Goddard, guy's a prick, loves the sound of his own voice.
Think he had a grappling tournament coming up, I want to see him choked out
wtf are you on? he's the best ref in MMA

oh and he won his grappling match

Wow. Interesting thread! It's been way way some time since I posted here, a couple of years I think!

But I just felt a little compelled to answer this one! Too good to resist.

Dear Hugh Pugh - interesting that you call me a prick, I'm pretty sure, scratch that I'm certain had you been in front of me you'd be looking at the floor right about now, too scared to repeat your words? By the way it's Marc not Mark - but I wouldn't expect you to hold such attention to detail :)

You see it's interesting, people like you with zero humility or grace are in abundant supply. It's also with noting that you call people you've never met or known a prick, interesting as it says more about you than it does anyone else. But I don't concern myself with that as it's the difference between character and reputation. Reputation is what people (like you) think you are, characheter is what you really are and you don't understand either.

The grappling match? Yes that was last Sunday and thanks I won so sorry your wish to see me choked out will have to wait - unless of course you'd like to step up?

Just a little point of note for genuine fans of the sport - a very common misconception is that we (I) like to talk during a fight - nothing could actually be further from the truth, the last thing I want is to speak. All I want to do is say "fight" at the beginning and "stop" at the end! If I'm ever talking during a fight please take it from me it is becoase something has happened that has prompted me to talk, to act and to speak - you know that's my job right? I've had many fight of the year candidates where it's a considered and competent referees job to allow the action to progress without unescessary intervention, we actually play our part in that! Trust me I don't want to hear my own voice either - fight, don't foul and youll never hear a word form me, hope you guys understand.

Oh and as for "control your weapon" - not me, never me, never would be me. But it's not the first time I've been accused of something I haven't done Comes with the territory.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks!

Also maybe I won't leave it a few years in between posts - I generally like interacting with fans of he sport as much as possible!

Thanks. :)
D6l8fu1.gif

Big John is a very good ref but he imposes himself on the fight a little too much. He tends to over-referee the action by shouting out a few too many orders when sometimes he just needs to let the fighters work it out. He likes to be seen as the law and order ref. I guess that's better than someone who lets fighters LNP or clinch and stall for eternity without standing them up.

Big John is a bit bossy at times but he's still the best ref in the game.

Big John is a very good ref but he imposes himself on the fight a little too much. He tends to over-referee the action by shouting out a few too many orders when sometimes he just needs to let the fighters work it out. He likes to be seen as the law and order ref. I guess that's better than someone who lets fighters LNP or clinch and stall for eternity without standing them up.

"Come on, let's get it on!"--using Bubba voice. Hate it.

Bada Bing!

As you can see Saku dropped down for an ankle but I can kinda see why Big John stopped it. Taking multiple strikes that then looked like Saku wasn't defending.
Saku pissed.gif

Back