Which mma referees are the biggest divas?

Wow. Interesting thread! It's been way way some time since I posted here, a couple of years I think!

But I just felt a little compelled to answer this one! Too good to resist.

Dear Hugh Pugh - interesting that you call me a prick, I'm pretty sure, scratch that I'm certain had you been in front of me you'd be looking at the floor right about now, too scared to repeat your words? By the way it's Marc not Mark - but I wouldn't expect you to hold such attention to detail :)

You see it's interesting, people like you with zero humility or grace are in abundant supply. It's also with noting that you call people you've never met or known a prick, interesting as it says more about you than it does anyone else. But I don't concern myself with that as it's the difference between character and reputation. Reputation is what people (like you) think you are, characheter is what you really are and you don't understand either.

The grappling match? Yes that was last Sunday and thanks I won so sorry your wish to see me choked out will have to wait - unless of course you'd like to step up?

Just a little point of note for genuine fans of the sport - a very common misconception is that we (I) like to talk during a fight - nothing could actually be further from the truth, the last thing I want is to speak. All I want to do is say "fight" at the beginning and "stop" at the end! If I'm ever talking during a fight please take it from me it is becoase something has happened that has prompted me to talk, to act and to speak - you know that's my job right? I've had many fight of the year candidates where it's a considered and competent referees job to allow the action to progress without unescessary intervention, we actually play our part in that! Trust me I don't want to hear my own voice either - fight, don't foul and youll never hear a word form me, hope you guys understand.

Oh and as for "control your weapon" - not me, never me, never would be me. But it's not the first time I've been accused of something I haven't done Comes with the territory.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks!

Also maybe I won't leave it a few years in between posts - I generally like interacting with fans of he sport as much as possible!

Thanks. :)

<{anton}>

One of the best refs in the biz right here. Keep up the great work, Marc.

Marc GODdard Sherdog legend

Now im affraid of talking shit in sherdog because of the posibility of getting called out and humilliated like TS.

None of them. They all do their best. It's not a very easy job. You have fractions of seconds to decide. You have fighters' lives in your hands. You are also very vulnerable and open to Monday morning quarterbacking

Well this thread just made my day haha go on Marc the man takes no shit

Wow. Interesting thread! It's been way way some time since I posted here, a couple of years I think!

Dear Hugh Pugh - interesting that you call me a prick, I'm pretty sure, scratch that I'm certain had you been in front of me you'd be looking at the floor right about now, too scared to repeat your words? By the way it's Marc not Mark - but I wouldn't expect you to hold such attention to detail :)

You see it's interesting, people like you with zero humility or grace are in abundant supply. It's also with noting that you call people you've never met or known a prick, interesting as it says more about you than it does anyone else. But I don't concern myself with that as it's the difference between character and reputation. Reputation is what people (like you) think you are, characheter is what you really are and you don't understand either.

The grappling match? Yes that was last Sunday and thanks I won so sorry your wish to see me choked out will have to wait - unless of course you'd like to step up?

Just a little point of note for genuine fans of the sport - a very common misconception is that we (I) like to talk during a fight - nothing could actually be further from the truth, the last thing I want is to speak. All I want to do is say "fight" at the beginning and "stop" at the end! If I'm ever talking during a fight please take it from me it is becoase something has happened that has prompted me to talk, to act and to speak - you know that's my job right? I've had many fight of the year candidates where it's a considered and competent referees job to allow the action to progress without unescessary intervention, we actually play our part in that! Trust me I don't want to hear my own voice either - fight, don't foul and youll never hear a word form me, hope you guys understand.

Oh and as for "control your weapon" - not me, never me, never would be me. But it's not the first time I've been accused of something I haven't done Comes with the territory.

Also maybe I won't leave it a few years in between posts - I generally like interacting with fans of he sport as much as possible!

Some of that humility and grace on display?

Truth is, a lot of refs want to be part of the show and they're not. Enforce rules and stay out of the fight, that's my take. And Marc, only the above was directed at you.

Keep up the good work Marc

Goddard is up there with the divas.

A new tv show. Total Divas: WME referee.

Welcome back Marc Goddard...
that post made the weekend for sure!
giphy.gif

@HughPhug

Just got randomly liked in this real old thread so thought Id quote a absolute CLASSIC reply from Marc.

@HughPhug never did respond to this call out.

Just got randomly liked in this real old thread so thought Id quote a absolute CLASSIC reply from Marc.

@HughPhug never did respond to this call out.
I did respond briefly, explaining my view, what more is there to say?

I got called out for calling someone a prick on the internet which is spot on, it's a bitch move, it's something that happens all to often & I should have voiced my opinion without resorting to petty insults.
It was a whimsical comment that I wouldn't have made face to face because I genuinely don't care enough in life to have that strong of an opinion on someone I never met

Last edited:
I did respond briefly, explaining my view, what more is there to say?

I got called out for calling someone a prick on the internet which is spot on, it's a bitch move, it's something that happens all to often & I should have voiced my opinion without resorting to petty insults.
It was a whimsical comment that I wouldn't have made face to face because I genuinely don't care enough in life to have that strong of an opinion on someone I never met
Marc still called you out hard.

Makes you think its not just a faceless person to flame.

an your reply

There are referees, umpires, authority figures in every single sport that think they are more important than the athletes. The best referees are the ones seen and never heard, they don't try and impose themselves on the broadcast, to make sure they get some air time. The best ones you don't even know are in the cage.

didnt answer shit. Marc is a quality ref and you had a meltdown and he called you out.

Abd with regards to the Colby stoppage, couldn't give a fuck, it was a fun fight
Marc still called you out hard.

Makes you think its not just a faceless person to flame.

an your reply

didnt answer shit. Marc is a quality ref and you had a meltdown and he called you out.
Yeah he did and I'm OK with that, if I did that to someone face to face I would expect there to be repercussions & there was a time I'd welcome it

The fact that I did it on t'internet is akin to shouting 'WANKER' to someone from your car then driving off real fast without them being able to respond

I'm cool breeze with what happened, you ain't getting a rise out of me no matter how hard you try

Goddard hasn't been back since this post, interesting.

I've always thought that big John was too extra with it.

Back