Which martial art makes you physically strongest?

You've gotta be more specific with that question, bro.

My opinion is that the former is faster in the gym and the latter comes faster in the sack.

;)
Comes in the sack? Wats goin on ere then!?

Comes in the sack? Wats goin on ere then!?

Stamina, dude. It's all about the stamina. It's all in the hips.

Speaking of hips, I love the chicks with them wide child bearing hips. God, I could go for some fried chicken right now.

So where was I? Oh yeah, I'm of the humble opinion that caramelized onions go great on anything, especially rocky road flavor ice cream.

You'd lump me in this category, yet I think Powerlifting is really, really fucking gay. Like Elton John would go "Shit fuckers, that's gay".

Yeah, PL is gay, and yet you Oly guys are all about your Borat suits and your curvy curvy figures:

Vasily2.jpg

Yeah, PL is gay, and yet you Oly guys are all about your Borat suits and your curvy curvy figures:

Vasily2.jpg

Anatoly%20Pisarenko%20Back%20Squat.jpg.cf.jpg

This looks pretty heterosexual to me.

Anatoly%20Pisarenko%20Back%20Squat.jpg.cf.jpg

This looks pretty heterosexual to me.
Pisarenko is my fav. But you do have to admit he looks like jacked Freddie Mercury.

Also, back squat....

Isn't that a powerlifting movement?

Pisarenko is my fav. But you do have to admit he looks like jacked Freddie Mercury.

Also, back squat....

Isn't that a powerlifting movement?

That's a bad a thing?

No, he actually hit depth.

<33>

Which is better for triceps, Hex bar or Olympic bar deadlifts??

I've not done sumo or wrestling but I have played judo. The strongest martial artists I've played with, that is, considering only those martial artists that didn't lift.

Sumo has got to be the strongest though surely!

Surely sumo develops the most. Wrestling and judo would be similar, but develop different areas. To put it crudely, wrestling probably develops more lifting strength, but judo much more gripping/forearm strength. That's an extreme simplification, but you get the idea.

Wrestling. I did not even bother to read the other posts, but wrestling is the strongest base... Of all forms of mma

Period! Fucking Period!!! It Doesn't Matter What Any Motherfucker Says.

Wrestling #1 One, Who Gives a Shit

I don't understand why people couldn't simply enjoy debating the question becaust it's an interesting question. The demand of boxing don't produce the same sort of strength as wrestling, which a lot of noobs don't know and which is interesting in itself. But then you see videos of hardcore martial artists putting people on their shoulders and running up and down stairs / squatting / doing push-ups, etc. If you're engulfed in a hardcore training culture like kyokushin you're probably going to get pretty fucking strong.

And I remember a Black Belt magazine article talking about the journalist going for a run with Oleg Taktarov and gassed out after about 45 minutes... so then Taktarov put the guy on his shoulders in a fireman's carry and continued running. Can you imagine the kind of shape that man was in? Fucking unreal what comes out of certain countries and training cultures.

And, yeah, I would vote for Sumo for pure strength. They're basically two bulldozers sprinting at each other. Amazingly explosive.

But, for Christ's sake, I don't understand why people couldn't enjoy talking about the different training adaptations martial arts place on the body. That's a fucking fascinating conversation in it's own, especially when you have some cultures training wrestlers with maceballs and clubbells, others with calisthenics, others with simply bizarre ways to pick up external weights.

This was such a rich topic of conversation we never once needed to delve into the primacy of barbell training. FFS I think people on this forum enjoy telling other people they're wrong more than they enjoy learning about S&C.

Surely sumo develops the most. Wrestling and judo would be similar, but develop different areas. To put it crudely, wrestling probably develops more lifting strength, but judo much more gripping/forearm strength. That's an extreme simplification, but you get the idea.

Judo produces some unreal pulling strength, imo. The lats, the rear delts, the entire trunk when they start rotating to pull people. It's basically a sport of face-pulls.

Judo produces some unreal pulling strength, imo. The lats, the rear delts, the entire trunk when they start rotating to pull people. It's basically a sport of face-pulls.
Good observation. That's why I can barely pull my chair out, this morning!

Back