Media Which fighters should GLORY Kickboxing sign?

Yeah and i think now that Rajab is peaking it'd be even better.
100%

Apparently Maslobojev plans on recapturing the GLORY light-heavyweight title first before a potential move to HW.

I say make Bahram vs Kuvalda at heavyweight for a barnburner of a fight all over again:cool:

From a fan's perspective, I get it and totally agree with your point of view, but I was thinking more about his personal life and the repercussions of putting himself through the meat grinder more and more at this point in his life. My coach had a long amateur career in striking sports, got to fight Kovalev in Boxing when he was coming up, had a stint in Glory, continued to fight professionally after being released and finally retired in his early 40s a few years ago. After a lifetime of fighting, his knees are destroyed, deals with CTE (and a lot of the related issues caused by it) as well as the mental strain of the lifestyle change from living in fight camp for three decades, and I can see how it effects his quality of life every day I am in the gym working with him. The end of his career was marked by a lot of injuries, balancing family life with fight life, etc. etc. Idk man, I see Adegbuyi and I think of all the other guys who are in their late 30s or early 40s, still fighting professionally and struggling in an uphill battle. It can be really hard to see when it's someone you really care about.
Damn, I remember his fight against Daniels where he got highlight reel Ko'ed, I always wondered how that effects a person getting hit with such a perfect strike.

Its easy to forget as a fan how damaging and punishing this sport is for the health of the practitioners. I hope your coachs health doesn't deteriorate more. It is also why people calling people cans and bums is so wild to me, most fight fans do not know shit about fighting which is pretty sad.

Mohammed Jaraya is back in action after a four year hiatus, December 16:

1701195432011.jpeg

I admire his drive.
We'll see about that. His lawyer seemed to be trying to present preserving his fighting career as a reason for him to get out of jail so who knows how much "drive" he really has.

We'll see about that. His lawyer seemed to be trying to present preserving his fighting career as a reason for him to get out of jail so who knows how much "drive" he really has.
Oh yikes, I didn't know that was a part of his defense. I guess fear of going back behind bars is a certain type of drive in itself, for better or worse haha. I guess we'll be able to assess the situation once the fight with Kaito is all done, but I do hope he's still fighting with his heart in it. I usually don't care for the brawlers too much, but he is a very entertaining one.

Ilias moved up to 145, right? Could be fun to see him fight Petch; they're really running out of guys to throw at him anyway.
I approached Ilias Ennahachi with that same question at GLORY 88 in Paris last September, he told me he’s definitely interested in fighting in GLORY’s featherweight division, and that the coming months would determine whether he’ll sign with GLORY or somewhere else

1702055392295.jpeg

I approached Ilias Ennahachi with that same question at GLORY 88 in Paris last September, he told me he’s definitely interested in fighting in GLORY’s featherweight division, and that the coming months would determine whether he’ll sign with GLORY or somewhere else

View attachment 1015557

Man I am so jealous of you sometimes. I've only seen a few pro Kickboxing fights live, and it was the regional level stuff here in the US. What I would do to be able to watch Glory live and have the opportunity to meet these fighters! Fingers crossed he makes the move over to Glory

Looks like Tyrone Spong is finally making his Glory comeback. There’s definitely some interesting match ups to make. Who would you like as his opponent?

Attachments

• IMG_8291.jpeg
    IMG_8291.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 6
Glory is been trying to get rid of Petchpanomrung very hard, so I don't think they are interested in bringing more thais.

Glory is been trying to get rid of Petchpanomrung very hard, so I don't think they are interested in bringing more thais.
Have they? Not saying you're wrong, I just wasn't aware of this. I am sure losing to ol' Chadd didn't go over well with the executives in Glory, but from the outside looking in, I haven't noticed any signs that they are trying to get rid of him

Have they? Not saying you're wrong, I just wasn't aware of this. I am sure losing to ol' Chadd didn't go over well with the executives in Glory, but from the outside looking in, I haven't noticed any signs that they are trying to get rid of him

Well, not really but there was a time when they had three or four thai fighters in Glory and now they just keep Petch because he is the champ. If he is losing his Glory belt, I guess they won't call him back ever again.

Back