Media Which fighters should GLORY Kickboxing sign?

GLORY-matchmaker Robbie Timmers is looking for more fighters to sign!

upload_2023-10-9_18-15-43.jpeg

Name them here, as I know he hops in this thread from time to time:)

GLORY-matchmaker Robbie Timmers is looking for more fighters to sign!

View attachment 1005595

Name them here, as I know he hops in this thread from time to time:)

I don't really see must sign guys at HW, maybe Fabrice Gnedre the ISKA champion who has a TKO win over Laidouni but he's quite old already. At LHW I wish they could sign Nikita Kozlov or Beybulat Isaev but they still don"t sign Russians I assume. Thian De Vries has been looking good but he's still super green. Lukas Achterberg is there too.

At MW I like Serdar Eroglu, Mohammad Ghaedibardeh and Loic Njeya.

At WW Alexis Nicolas would be a nice addition. He waw the best Savate fighter of his generation in France and has gone 11-0 since switching to kickboxing rules, he fights in Romania next month.

At 70 I wonder if Hendouf and Jauncey are retired they always had good fight I hope they bring them back. Mickael Palandre as well, I know he's fighting for a WAKO world title soon. They could also sign the best chinese at that weight Ouyang Feng. Younes Samili from Enfusion would fit nicely too.

At 65kg the obvious pick would be Wei Rui who is the last person to beat Petch under kickboxing rules but I'm not sure he's available. The winner of the fight between Grégoire Gottardi and Anass Ahmidouch happening next month at La Nuit des champions. Vaclav Sivak is still undefeated and has looked very good so far (and weirdly popular on soicial media). At some point the other Zouggary brother, Ilias, who has the Enfusion belt should make the move there but I'm sure they know him already.

In the women's division I would like to see Anaelle Angerville, Nina Van Dalum, Li Mingrui, Tessa De Kom and Victoria Boyanova even if she's old she left me with a strong impression each time I saw her.

Been very happy with the signings made by Glory overall this year, Timmers doing a great job. They had a good 2023 they could have a great 2024.

Last edited:
Ouyang Feng definitely, but he might be tied down contractually.

Lukas Achterberg would be someone to take a change on.

Don't take my word on it, but Ghaedibardeh might be kinda done fighting in Europe. Didn't Enfusion strip him of his title because he couldn't get a visa to Netherlands anymore?

Loic Njeya was supposed to fight Mabrouk for the KOK title a while ago and Glory had Mabrouk on, might as well sign the Njeya too :)

Sivak would be good and much needed fresh blood for 65 kg.

Petchyndee fighters: Capitan, Rittewada, Petchmorakot.
Also Thananchai and Daniel Rodríguez.
-
There is only three guys who have beat Petchpanomrung under kickboxing rules: Beztati, van Roosmaleen and Wei Rui. why don't bring Wei Rui? Or Qiu Jianliang.
-
How comes they didn't bring Wasabi Rios back after he beat Wosik? From South America they can bring also Petros Cabelinho, Jones Coliseu, Vinicius Mestrinier and Cabelo Monteiro.

Maybe a little bit off topic, but who would you guys like to see against Benjamin Adegbuyi?

IMO no one, I think he should retire. He's 38 and hasn't won a fight in almost four years, his last win being against a broken Badr Hari. He's not going to beat Rico, he's not going to be a top contender again - I don't really see any reason for him to keep fighting unless he really needs the money.

IMO no one, I think he should retire. He's 38 and hasn't won a fight in almost four years, his last win being against a broken Badr Hari. He's not going to beat Rico, he's not going to be a top contender again - I don't really see any reason for him to keep fighting unless he really needs the money.
With how thin things are at HW I think he's good to keep around. Really he's lost his last 3 fights, but isn't on some epic slide. Not championship material as he could never kick it into high gear in his fights, but he's a solid test for other guys in the division. Good gatekeeper.

You probably don't want him ruining guys chances of being potential opponents to Rico though, as their are very few viable ones. Maybe pass him the leftovers, give him a guy like Osaro since he already took that Rico L. Would be a solid bounce back match up.

How comes they didn't bring Wasabi Rios back after he beat Wosik? From South America they can bring also Petros Cabelinho, Jones Coliseu, Vinicius Mestrinier and Cabelo Monteiro.

They did bring Petros Cabelinho for the last Glory event!

Hi Robbie! bring chinese and Petchyndee fighters for the 65 and 70kg division.

With how thin things are at HW I think he's good to keep around. Really he's lost his last 3 fights, but isn't on some epic slide. Not championship material as he could never kick it into high gear in his fights, but he's a solid test for other guys in the division. Good gatekeeper.

You probably don't want him ruining guys chances of being potential opponents to Rico though, as their are very few viable ones. Maybe pass him the leftovers, give him a guy like Osaro since he already took that Rico L. Would be a solid bounce back match up.

From a fan's perspective, I get it and totally agree with your point of view, but I was thinking more about his personal life and the repercussions of putting himself through the meat grinder more and more at this point in his life. My coach had a long amateur career in striking sports, got to fight Kovalev in Boxing when he was coming up, had a stint in Glory, continued to fight professionally after being released and finally retired in his early 40s a few years ago. After a lifetime of fighting, his knees are destroyed, deals with CTE (and a lot of the related issues caused by it) as well as the mental strain of the lifestyle change from living in fight camp for three decades, and I can see how it effects his quality of life every day I am in the gym working with him. The end of his career was marked by a lot of injuries, balancing family life with fight life, etc. etc. Idk man, I see Adegbuyi and I think of all the other guys who are in their late 30s or early 40s, still fighting professionally and struggling in an uphill battle. It can be really hard to see when it's someone you really care about.

From a fan's perspective, I get it and totally agree with your point of view, but I was thinking more about his personal life and the repercussions of putting himself through the meat grinder more and more at this point in his life. My coach had a long amateur career in striking sports, got to fight Kovalev in Boxing when he was coming up, had a stint in Glory, continued to fight professionally after being released and finally retired in his early 40s a few years ago. After a lifetime of fighting, his knees are destroyed, deals with CTE (and a lot of the related issues caused by it) as well as the mental strain of the lifestyle change from living in fight camp for three decades, and I can see how it effects his quality of life every day I am in the gym working with him. The end of his career was marked by a lot of injuries, balancing family life with fight life, etc. etc. Idk man, I see Adegbuyi and I think of all the other guys who are in their late 30s or early 40s, still fighting professionally and struggling in an uphill battle. It can be really hard to see when it's someone you really care about.
Oh I hear you and I had been pleading for a lot of other fighters to finally hang it up. I just haven't seen that big of a slide for Adegbuyi yet, but if he goes out and loses his next few fights, gets KO'ed and doesn't look good I'd say hang it up for sure. No point in continuing on especially since the reality is he won't get that belt around his waist. Had his opportunities already. Just adding more mileage to the body.

Sergej Maslobojev knocked out Rhys Brudenell in just 35 seconds, last night at KOK 117 (heavyweight fight):

Who should he fight next in GLORY? And at heavyweight or light-heavyweight?

Back