Where would you place Ryan Bader in the UFC heavyweight rankings?

Gus and Bader are lightyears apart, my man. Gus moves the needle, sells tickets. Bader does absolutely nothing. Bader was chirping for a title shot against DC, etc. Thus, Dana fed him to Rumble.

As much as you want to say Dana is irrelevant, he’s the president of the organization and decides who fights for the belt. And he doesn’t like boring fighters. Probably the reason Ben Askren didn’t get signed. That style just doesn’t sell.

Rumble ended Bader’s UFC career. Those last two fights were nothing more than him finishing out his contract.

Like Dana said, Bellator is a good place for Bader. Nothing more than a contender in the UFC, champion in Bellator.
Spoken like a true clown

9A483E39-72A9-4763-8CBC-59EA12003657.jpeg

meh.... i dont know if meathead is much of a parameter for that... thats close saying he would ragdoll rampage who weighted in at 254.
I know this is going to sound like MMAth, but NCAA Roy had success against both Lewis and Mitrione, so it's not crazy to think that Ryan would be able to do the same but even better, which he already did against Meathead.

Skill wise, he's top 5 no doubt, the only thing that could hold him back is his chin. I would definitely favor him over a guy like Volkov, who has never been able to deal with wrestling, but I could see him getting caught with a strike at any point in the fight.

He'd be both the 3rd best LHW and 3rd best HW in UFC right now. Rumble truly destroyed his title run. I mean Destroyed it. Bader is the real deal. But the dude is a bed-shitter. Lost to rival Tito as a -400 favorite. The rumble humiliation for the next title shot. I don't trust the guy in big fights.

I think he's a top 5 ranked light heavyweight and heavyweight if he's in the UFC right now, no doubt about it. I think the only way he loses to Fedor is if he loses the mental game and chokes from the pressure of a championship fight against a legend.

I believe Vader can wrestlefuck JDS like he did Matt.. So he's at seven.

Besides the rankings, Bader is not going to rag doll Fedor...I'm actually picking Fedor over Bader in this next fight believe it or not. Fedor just is faster with his hands (even though he's older), hits harder, and when Fedor gets taken to the ground, because he will with Bader's wrestling, he's then back in Fedor's world with grappling. I don't see Bader winning this fight...I think Fedor's grappling is too strong.

Besides the rankings, Bader is not going to rag doll Fedor...I'm actually picking Fedor over Bader in this next fight believe it or not. Fedor just is faster with his hands (even though he's older), hits harder, and when Fedor gets taken to the ground, because he will with Bader's wrestling, he's then back in Fedor's world with grappling. I don't see Bader winning this fight...I think Fedor's grappling is too strong.

You seem to forget that Bader only needs to land a jab and Fedor is KOd.

Bader just ragdolled and 30-24’d 260 pound Meathead.

Mitrione has atrocious takedown defence. That was an easy stylistic match up for Bader.

If Nelson weren't so fucking punch drunk and had gone for the takedown early in the fight, he would have had the same success.

It's tough to gauge because I think there are some decently high ranked fighters he'd beat and there are a bunch lower ranked guys I think he'd lose to. So mid-range? Maybe like 7 or so.

Bader is huge. Here he is with Cain and his son

images

He has a great record, he could be top 5

But if your not #1/2 in your division, getting paid more in bellator is the right move

Gus and Bader are lightyears apart, my man. Gus moves the needle, sells tickets. Bader does absolutely nothing. Bader was chirping for a title shot against DC, etc. Thus, Dana fed him to Rumble.

As much as you want to say Dana is irrelevant, he’s the president of the organization and decides who fights for the belt. And he doesn’t like boring fighters. Probably the reason Ben Askren didn’t get signed. That style just doesn’t sell.

Rumble ended Bader’s UFC career. Those last two fights were nothing more than him finishing out his contract.

Like Dana said, Bellator is a good place for Bader. Nothing more than a contender in the UFC, champion in Bellator.

Gus moves the needle? UFC 165 is Jon Jones lowest selling card of his main-event career, vs. Shogun, Sonnen, Machida, Texiera and OSP, all did better.
Gus is also the lowest selling main-event with Cormier. Despite how much UFC may want him to be a star, nobody cares about the big swede. Now that's not claiming Bader is a star by any means, but there's no need to push a false narrative Gus being one either.

Bader is huge. Here he is with Cain and his son

images
his son??? :eek:

that looks like a late 20s manlet

<{outtahere}>

i cant see that guy being anyones son there hahhaha he looks nothing like either one of them

You seriously can’t see Bader beating Ngannou, Lewis, and Volkov using his wrestling, cardio, and underrated striking?

i guess i could. i just dont know id see him as a favorite

Last edited:
Isn't Cain 50?

images
im pretty sure velasquez son is still a baby

i even looked up cain velasquez son on google and literally all pictures are of a toddler

Last edited:
Gus moves the needle? UFC 165 is Jon Jones lowest selling card of his main-event career, vs. Shogun, Sonnen, Machida, Texiera and OSP, all did better.
Gus is also the lowest selling main-event with Cormier. Despite how much UFC may want him to be a star, nobody cares about the big swede. Now that's not claiming Bader is a star by any means, but there's no need to push a false narrative Gus being one either.
8AC76435-3D6B-4641-B49F-EACC68B2D3AC.jpeg
Bader was on Gus’ undercard, I think that says more than enough...

UFC on Fox 14: Gustafsson vs. Johnson
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_Fox:_Gustafsson_vs._Johnson

Also, he’s headlined 5 of his last 6 cards, I wonder why?

Renove Ngannou, and I agree with the rest.
Ngannou knocks Bader's head into the 10th row

He's not easy to take down at all, Stipe had to eat some hard shots to get the first takedown on him. Any of those shots would kill chinny Bader

Back