Where would you place Ryan Bader in the UFC heavyweight rankings?

Lol at people who think Ngannou can beat Bader. Stipe took his soul, he's done.

Bader is a top 5 fighter.

Lewis has a chance but he doesn't have the crazy 1 punch KO power Rumble does, he hurts people then finishes them. That and his shit cardio and Bader fighting intelligently and I got Bader winning.

Volkov has no killer instinct, not finishing Black Beast was a disgrace.

Like others said, I can see JDS and Hunt both beating him. JDS has good takedown defense and good striking, he's a bad style matchup. Hunt is old and washed up, he's not the striker he once was and people have had success taking him down recently. If he can keep it standing he can beat Bader but I don't think it happens now.

Cormier and Stipe beat him. Blaydes has a good chance too, so I'd put him around 5.

He won his last two fights in the UFC finishing both Lil Nog and UFC's 4th ranked Ilir Latifi.
Don’t bother with that guy he’s just a UFC fanboy who makes illogical points. Pure rubbish he says all the time.

Lol at people who think Ngannou can beat Bader. Stipe took his soul, he's done.

Bader is a top 5 fighter.

Bader is not CURRENTLY a top 5 heavyweight. He doesn't have the pedigree at HW. King Mo isn't a real or ranked HW.

Matt Mitrione was barely top 15-20 and so beating him isn't gonna put Bader into the top 10.

#2 since he would beat Black Beast as easily as he beat Mitrione. And Mitrione destroyed Black Beast.

Bader is not CURRENTLY a top 5 heavyweight. He doesn't have the pedigree at HW. King Mo isn't a real or ranked HW.

Matt Mitrione was barely top 15-20 and so beating him isn't gonna put Bader into the top 10.

The only reason Bellator guys aren't ranked higher is because rankings are always ufc biased. Mitrione destroyed Black Beast with ease and that guy is ranked #2 at HW. Rankings have been worthless since the ufc became the dominant organization, since at that point, they started putting Lesnar as the #1 HW and anyone who dared challenged the ufc as not having all of the top guys lost media credentials.

The only good rankings out there were elo, and that website doesn't exist anymore that I know of. The next best is probably fight matrix. They have Mitrione at 12, Bader is currently at 5.

Last edited:
Bader has the Chael Sonnen tendency to wilt when things aren't going his way. A guy like Derrick Lewis would take him into deep waters until he quit. Same with Hunt and other large, durable heavyweights. I especially think that if Mitrione had lost to Nelson, Nelson probably out-toughs Bader.
Derrick Lewis....in deep waters....wait....what?

View attachment 456067
Bader was on Gus’ undercard, I think that says more than enough...

UFC on Fox 14: Gustafsson vs. Johnson
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_Fox:_Gustafsson_vs._Johnson

Also, he’s headlined 5 of his last 6 cards, I wonder why?
"Undercard" would be the prelims. Bader was on the main card and Gus was in a title eliminator, it's really not much to think about. Bader also was in the mainevent or featured bout in his last 7 or so bouts for the UFC. He actually was in the mainevent in his last fight for the company in a rematch that nobody asked for.

I agree. Bader only has 2 fights (and wins) at heavyweight which isn't enough to be ranked. The thread is talking about his potential and how good he can be with people making arguments on who he can and can't beat.

he looks pretty good at HW, I think he'd wrestlefuck a lot of the ufc guys

top 5 maybe?

Bader has very good chances of winning bellators heavyweight tournament.

But if he was fighting in the ufc heavyweight division, where do you think he would be? Who can he beat?

Current rankings below:
1 Stipe Miocic
2 Derrick Lewis
3 Curtis Blaydes
4 Francis Ngannou
5 Alexander Volkov
6 Alistair Overeem
7 Junior Dos Santos
8 Aleksei Oleinik
9 Marcin Tybura
10 Mark Hunt
11 Tai Tuivasa
12 Shamil Abdurakhimov
13 Andrei Arlovski
14 Stefan Struve
15 Justin Willis

They were discussing this on the mma beat and the colombian kid, danny segura said he would be a top 5 HW, which i tought it was a bit of a stretch to say the least.

His performance against mitrione was shocking

Need to see more tho. Maybe he's a better heavyweight than LHW?

still got wrecked by rumble so who the fuck knows

Bader ay do quite well at HW, but thos KO losses to Machida and Glover still ahve me doubting he can hang with true HW punching power.

With some selective matchmaking, he could be a fight or two away from the title. Probably around #4-5 at the moment.

really? i dont think he can employ his wresting game plan against the size of the people currently in the division...

But then again, randy couture did it back then, and they even brought this up in the show, but these were other times. Wrestling wasnt so prominent in mma. Kinda like royce ran though people at that time but today would be a different story

200.webp
C'mon Verace, you better than that man..? That's why you wrestles the ground is the great equalizer don't matter how big you are if I can get you down you carry me, all I want for Ryan is to keep improving his hands and don't be afraid to stand. I like how you brought up Randy that would be some study footage for him along with some Khabib GnP handcuff & beat you tips.

I think Bader ktfo of Black Beast Lewis or wrestles him into submission, and he's as fit as f*k @HW I like fit HW's (No Gay)

200.webp
C'mon Verace, you better than that man..? That's why you wrestles the ground is the great equalizer don't matter how big you are if I can get you down you carry me, all I want for Ryan is to keep improving his hands and don't be afraid to stand. I like how you brought up Randy that would be some study footage for him along with some Khabib GnP handcuff & beat you tips.

I think Bader ktfo of Black Beast Lewis or wrestles him into submission, and he's as fit as f*k @HW I like fit HW's (No Gay)
And here I am still waiting for @Verace to respond to my post.

200.webp

Well, i guess im wrong then, seeing how many people in this thread disagree with me. Lol

Im still not convinced though. I would love to see It play out

Back