International Where is the caravan?

No. The OP suggests that the issue simply disappeared and/or was never really an issue to begin with. If either of those is true then it will not come back.
If it comes back it'll be when they're actually at the border and it makes sense to cover it. Let's see how many middle eastern terrorists show up as Trump was claiming only to scaremonger.

Hopefully the caravan has second thoughts and is considering turning back and that future caravans have received the message. They will be met but the American military, not open arms and that there is a legal process.

Do you think Democrats lost votes because of this or that the only reason Republicans have the senate is because of this one event?

No, I don't think the Republicans retained power in the Senate because of this one event, surely things are more complicated than that.

Anyways, I understand the need for a legal process - I just wish we, as Americans, respected the legal process and sovereignty of other nations before we start acting as if borders and rule of law are so important all of a sudden. If we did, it's very likely that we wouldn't have people in such desperate situations that the caravan represents.

I agree and disagree. I think it's obvious that Trump focused on the caravan to help him win the Midterms, but that's not to say that it's his only motive for doing so. Given the state of immigration today, I don't think it's a disgrace Trump would send the military to the border even if I agree it's partly political or even an exaggeration, because I believe it's also symbolic.

I'm personally sick of the anti-American sentiment in immigration talks, as well as the sense of entitlement and disdain from some non-citizens and/or those who support them, and I'm not alone. If you reject this view, you will naturally see the caravan and the response to it differently.
There was no good excuse for sending troops to the border. It was purely political to buoy the base and try to get votes. Beside the fact that we have BP and NG that can handle illegal entry, the people in the caravan aren't all dangerous, Trump wants to keep them away so they can't legally apply for asylum. If there's a problem with the way we process requests then honor it for now and work toward changing the law. Even if it means opening up camps on the border the way they treat refugees in the ME later on. We can accept and process requests yet keep them out of the country until they're granted asylum. Vilifying them to scare rubes and pander to racists is just wrong.

I'm talking about the president being a scumbag politician saying things to inflame dumb people (see the opening post and extrapolate)...that was the whole point of the thread. Than you said something about using math to track mileage from the border, to which I responded, maybe Trump could have used that math...but he didn't give a shit if they were coming, close or anything regarding it...did he trick you into thinking they were coming with middle eastern terrorists (yeah, he said that shit) to invade (yeah, he said that shit). Don't knickle and dime me with some tangent about Trump talking about them coming to vote, I never said he said that.
Oh so you need MSM to tell you daily what Are issues and what aren’t lol

Should be here any day now....

Oh so you need MSM to tell you daily what Are issues and what aren’t lol

Well the news is generally a good indicator on what’s going on in the world.

Unless you get all your news from forums and they get their news well from the actual media.

It’s hard to keep up with you people, what’s goodness, what isn’t, what I should be reading what I shouldn’t.

I think you are missing the point, or don't understand hyperbole. TS doesn't mean it literally vanished, he means that now that the midterms are done, it's become irrelevant and no one is using it to fear monger voters anymore
It is shocking how many people in this thread are lost on this point...

The midterms ended so it can't be used to score political points anymore, therefor it's irrelevant.

Seriously, where is the caravan? It was a huge issue and now it's not. Does anyone on the right think maybe Trump was using it to trick and scare idiots? Maybe the middle eastern terrorists blew it up from within? Perhaps our soldiers with their gardening equipment scared them away? Shouldn't our jobs be evaporating and the raping be commencing soon?

7D Connect Four
Seriously, go to any right wing leaning news sources and you'll find out.

Fox News from today:
LGBT members of migrant caravan reach US border, say they endured verbal abuse by other migrants

Migrant caravan moving to western Mexico city of Guadalajara

Border Patrol Foundation: Caravan targeting Texas, Calif.

There was no good excuse for sending troops to the border. It was purely political to buoy the base and try to get votes. Beside the fact that we have BP and NG that can handle illegal entry, the people in the caravan aren't all dangerous, Trump wants to keep them away so they can't legally apply for asylum. If there's a problem with the way we process requests then honor it for now and work toward changing the law. Even if it means opening up camps on the border the way they treat refugees in the ME later on. We can accept and process requests yet keep them out of the country until they're granted asylum. Vilifying them to scare rubes and pander to racists is just wrong.

I don't disagree that sending troops is political, it is, but it's not only to buoy the base, this sets precedent, sends a message, etc., and is fitting with Trump's bombastic style. The caravan represents the immigration debate whether we like it or not, and even so, I still haven't seen a good argument as to why this overreaction, if that's what it is, is beyond the pale.

Trump ran on strong borders and his political enemies undermine this (as they do most things). When it comes down to it, I think people incorrectly make this about Trump. It doesn't matter what Trump actually thinks, Trump (and his response) represents a call for sovereignty in an age where it's in style to crap on America. With very few exceptions, no country treats their borders with such disrespect as Americans and making this story about Trump's reaction to this at this contentious time just speaks to the problem.

And this is exactly what @HereticBD cannot comprehend.

Whether or not Trump or others thought the caravan was paid for or not by anyone on the left or right did not stop them saying 'the Invasion is coming'. So nothing now (paid for or not) should have changed and if the invasion is coming it should STILL be a concern.

Let's be honest here.. @HereticBD can comprehend this but he's choosing not to because he's got 5 Trump steaks up his ass. His goal is to come into every negative Trump thread and deflect all criticism possible. That's all he does in the War Room.

The hack in him won't allow him to be honest. Trump can call somebody the n word and he'll run here to defend it while also moaning about how bad the Liberals are. It's a waste of time. He'll never be a straight shooter and tell it like it is. Let him dick ride Trump until he realizes what a mistake the past few years have been..

The Trump ass lickers will always be remembered

TS use math how long it takes to walk all those miles

Use your brain and notice how conservative media instantly dropped the topic, which they couldn't stop talking about before the elections.

That's the point of the thread smart guy..

Use your brain and notice how conservative media instantly dropped the topic, which they couldn't stop talking about before the elections.

That's the point of the thread smart guy..
So like 10% of total media stopped talking about it? I guess you need MSM to tell you what issues to care about day by day

So like 10% of total media stopped talking about it? I guess you need MSM to tell you what issues to care about day by day

<Huh2>

Keep on deflecting from the point.. I can't expect much else from the ones who keep on getting dupped though..

Let's be honest here.. @HereticBD can comprehend this but he's choosing not to because he's got 5 Trump steaks up his ass. His goal is to come into every negative Trump thread and deflect all criticism possible. That's all he does in the War Room.

The hack in him won't allow him to be honest. Trump can call somebody the n word and he'll run here to defend it while also moaning about how bad the Liberals are. It's a waste of time. He'll never be a straight shooter and tell it like it is. Let him dick ride Trump until he realizes what a mistake the past few years have been..

I know. I pointed out to him recently that he is just a partisan bot basically at this point and he whined and cried at that fact but you can 100% predict his responses on almost every Trump issue, such as this one, before he even writes his first words. Not an original thought or an original word from him.

It is that he thinks he is hiding it or clever that is funny when he is so painfully obvious.

Oh', I'm sorry. What's the criticism here that I'm trying to deflect, Bubba? That a hot button election topic isn't as hot as it was before the election? Color me shocked. Its also not even true. You can google "Trump caravan", and find many articles from MSM outlets from hours ago. The issue has not been dropped. Trump just hasn't held a rally(in a week. Whoa, such a long time. Issue dropped, LOL) to bring it up, and get you morons all hot and bothered about it.

As far as the OP goes, he literally asked "Where's the caravan?", and went on to muse about where they could've possibly gone. He clearly implied Trump was lying about it. The troops are still at the border. He ain't playing.

Back