When you rate something it's all about relativity...why do you think Obamacare is so horrible?

I honestly think Trumps health plan will end up being pretty liberal.

That's because the conservative health care plan is this.

35702434.jpg

do you ever think that there are people who cant afford to pay more taxes

why do you want to take their money at gunpoint when you can just donate it yourself? do you not have a conscience?

I think there are people that can afford to pay lots more taxes and we can get rid of taxes on people that can't already afford taxes.

I think there are people that can afford to pay lots more taxes and we can get rid of taxes on people that can't already afford taxes.

but you said, that you want to pay more taxes only if everyone else does too.

I'm perfectly fine with paying more taxes in order for everyone to get better healthcare and education especially if everyone else does too.

"everyone else" includes people who are barely making ends meet and will be crushed under more taxation

why are you unwilling to pay for their healthcare now? why do you only want to raise taxes on other people? do you have no conscience, why wont you help those people yourself?

it sounds like you just want to have it paid by "people that can afford to pay lots more taxes", because you dont want to sacrifice your own money

typical modern "liberal"

its still unaffordable for people to pay $6300 to go to the emergency room though, and god forbid they are near a hospital outside of their network, in which case its $9800

im 27 in great health, the only time i expect a large expense is an unforeseen emergency, which would cost me the whole deductible

its not like my monthly premium is very low to justify the high deductible either

i agree that it helps make normal doctor visits and preventative care more affordable though. until i switched the UCI's network i paid $75 copay just to talk to a doctor. i think thats reasonable and affordable

But those costs, the $6300 or the $9800, are far less than they would have paid without insurance.

That's another area where maybe people don't understand their plans? If someone didn't have insurance and found themselves in the ER and the bill was $10k, they'd be on the hook for the whole thing. Now they're only on the hook for a portion of it. That should be registered as a benefit but somehow people don't see it that way.

In any other area if you can cap your financial risk, you'd take it and consider it a good deal.

But those costs, the $6300 or the $9800, are far less than they would have paid without insurance.

That's another area where maybe people don't understand their plans? If someone didn't have insurance and found themselves in the ER and the bill was $10k, they'd be on the hook for the whole thing. Now they're only on the hook for a portion of it. That should be registered as a benefit but somehow people don't see it that way.

In any other area if you can cap your financial risk, you'd take it and consider it a good deal.

i agree that its a lot lower, which is why i bought it

but my family had a $2000 deductible for a relatively cheap monthly premium 10 years ago

but you said, that you want to pay more taxes only if everyone else does too.

"everyone else" includes people who are barely making ends meet and will be crushed under more taxation

why are you unwilling to pay for their healthcare now? why do you only want to raise taxes on other people? do you have no conscience, why wont you help those people yourself?

it sounds like you just want to have it paid by "people that can afford to pay lots more taxes", because you dont want to sacrifice your own money

typical modern "liberal"

See here you go assuming my argument instead of just asking me to make an insignificant point that makes you look like the partisan hack you always are and always will be.

When I say everyone else, I mean everyone else that can afford it.

Get a quote from Cigna, if possible. They're are kind of a cluster fuck, but they give a reasonable plan.
ok thanks. I actually had Cigna through work at one point and really liked them.

i agree that its a lot lower, which is why i bought it

but my family had a $2000 deductible for a relatively cheap monthly premium 10 years ago

10 years ago is a long time in any industry. 10 years ago you could buy a 3 story townhome near me for $300k. Now, you spend that much for a condo that is just 1 floor in the same building and that's before the monthly condo fees. You're paying a million if you want to own the whole building.

See here you go assuming my argument instead of just asking me to make an insignificant point that makes you look like the partisan hack you always are and always will be.

When I say everyone else, I mean everyone else that can afford it.

you still never answered the question

Dont sass jack like that. He'll post up a graph showing you're actually better off with less money due to ocare fast enough to make your head spin
I do pay considerably more. Go fuck yourself, telling me I can't identify money coming out of my paycheck. Take your graph and cram it up your ass with Obama's "fixed economy" graph.

It's a gamble worth taking. What we have today is catastrphic type insurance priced at normal coverage rates.
I can either pay about 600/month for low/no ded. and out of pocket, or a little under 300 for 6000+ out of pocket and 5k ded.
May as well go without and invest/bank the money.

You mentioned a 10k bill-
I'm my situation a good policy would surpass that in premiums after a year and a half, and a crap policy wouldn't even cover half the costs PLUS the costs of premiums remain.

It's a gamble worth taking. What we have today is catastrphic type insurance priced at normal coverage rates.
I can either pay about 600/month for low/no ded. and out of pocket, or a little under 300 for 6000+ out of pocket and 5k ded.
May as well go without and invest/bank the money.

You mentioned a 10k bill-
I'm my situation a good policy would surpass that in premiums after a year and a half, and a crap policy wouldn't even cover half the costs PLUS the costs of premiums remain.

So long as you can trust your returns, why not. But the existence of the ACA doesn't change that. You could have skipped insurance and invested the money before the ACA too.

My point is that the comments about the deductibles making the plans unusable is often frequently misstated.

You didn't ask a question.

You asked yourself a question and then assumed my answers.

i asked, many times. why you dont just donate your own money to help people get health care? why do other people have to be taxed for you to sacrifice money to help others

It's bad when healthcare is thrown around to snatch every vote to take a position. It's a promise that keeps on taking....Unless someone really has something viable to offer and Insurance companies are willing to compromise...this is right now the fate of US of A...not long ago these Insurance companies would basically kiss your ass to get you to purchase....times have changed....

It's bad when healthcare is thrown around to snatch every vote to take a position. It's a promise that keeps on taking....Unless someone really has something viable to offer and Insurance companies are willing to compromise...this is right now the fate of US of A...not long ago these Insurance companies would basically kiss your ass to get you to purchase....times have changed....
What a crock of shit!

So I'll ask again...Obamacare sucks compare to what?

What we had before was better that had 20 million less insured people because some people's prices increased?
regular ppl holding down jobs are paying more, getting less, so that ppl who don't deserve healthcare, get it.

Healthcare is not a right, it's a service.

It's like if a new regulation came in effect, that all BMW or luxury care ppl have to pay 20% more for an oil change, HOWEVER, you'll be getting the basic walmart brand syntetic oil, b/c you're now subsidizing all hyundai owners, so they can now afford $5 oil changes, when they couldn't afford an oil change b4 and they just ran their car into the ground.

In a nutshell Obamacare sucks because for a lot of people they pay a monthly fee, but they still have unaffordable coverage. I'm covered through the VA, so I don't know to much about it as I never had to file for it.

My VA co-pay is very cheap too.

$15 a visit. (Check up, labs, follow ups etc...)
$50 a specialty visit (Emergency room, Surgery etc, MRI, etc..)
$8 a month for prescriptions (If I need them)

I broke make ankle in two spots and had to have surgery to get several pins put in. The whole works from begenning to end only ended up costing me around $250.

Back