When will U.S.A realize liberals have dismantled the military - left weak, helpless

Oh please. I fucking hate when people like you say that shit. I served as a Marine Corps grunt under Obama. Our military is at its strongest ever right now. Obama can have a Marine Corps Expeditionary Unit anywhere on the planet in a days time. We can put precision missiles anywhere on the surface of the planet. Our military is top tier regardless of the president.

This explains a lot.

Thanks for the insight, I know you know your shit when it comes to the military. How much do you think technological advances could make up for less, physical manpower?, is a lot of money is being lost in experimentation of new/unnecessary tech?

A good example is NK and SK, SK is so far ahead in terms of military technolgy and advancement it's pretty clear the north would be out matched and out gunned by such an advanced force. Also i'm totally understanding what you're getting at, but wouldn't you rather us spend money more efficiently and invest it in more appropriate things for our troops like better health care? Bettering our equipment for our infantry(Exo skeletons which are under development), better ballistic missile defense and ICBM upgrades(which are severally going to shit)? Also we almost totally pissed away our hyper sonic edge because congress deemed it a unworthy investment(keep in mind if they didn't these would benfit the civilian market)? We built a plane that is still 6 years behind full rate production(might be more then that). Also, imagine how much more money we'd have if some of our so called allies would actually pay for there own fucking shit? Like how we give "aid" to Egypt, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and they just pocket it or buy military equipment. Also our nato allies need to start paying the bill considering we pay the bulk of nato, maybe the EU can start paying the god damn tab, instead making us do it yet complain about us having a wide spread military. IN short yes, we would benefit greatly from more efficiently spending our budget. You'd probably see it and wouldn't worry as much if we fixed some of these internal problems.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/...unted-Should-Congress-Increase-Defense-Budget

^ look how much money they piss away because they have the most idiotic fools who can't file or account for shit.Maybe we should also considering fixing some of these bastards who keep pocketing away cash, or loosing funds.

@ghost. If I knew that a better military force could be achieved at a cheaper cost then I obviously agree it would be better. But all I'm hearing is about general cuts, rather than remodeling the military as a cost effective, cutting edge world beating force. I'm getting the impression that the cuts are for ideological reasons rather than common sense..iraq invasion guilt and the direct result of a more liberal administration could both be contributing factors. Either way I think people underestimate the importance of the military.

wtf is a salad sandwich?

Can you show some sources for Obama getting rid "of all da white generals" ?

A salad sandwich is something that you eat..its delicious with salad cream..and no I can't. District attorney generals sound rare as fuck, do your own research on that one

Why can't the military go back to it's Constitutional intent, defense of home?

Because it's been used for attacking others' homes from its inception.

Attacking Native Americans, attacking the French and British in North America, attacking Mexico, and on and on.

You wouldn't "lmao" if a general was saying that to your face..what are you gonna say?, "you're ignoring the facts lmao"...no you wouldn't, so shut up.

Blah blah blah. What would he do if I did? Punch me? Read the links on how much we spend on military compared to other countries. Our military isn't being gutted.

A salad sandwich is something that you eat..its delicious with salad cream..and no I can't. District attorney generals sound rare as fuck, do your own research on that one

Salad cream...??

All of this sounds very British...

Blah blah blah. What would he do if I did? Punch me? Read the links on how much we spend on military compared to other countries. Our military isn't being gutted.

I would hope so, because you would be calling him a liar. What would be your argument against his claim? "someone I don't like on the internet said it so I don't believe you"?. If you are going against my usage of the word "gutted" then fine, but try not to make it the focal point of your attacks..my point is that Obama has reduced the US military to WW2 levels..in a time like this...show me how what I said is so laughable..cut out the small fries bullshit

I would hope so, because you would be calling him a liar. What would be your argument against his claim? "someone I don't like on the internet said it so I don't believe you"?. If you are going against my usage of the word "gutted" then fine, but try not to make it the focal point of your attacks..my point is that Obama has reduced the US military to WW2 levels..in a time like this...show me how what I said is so laughable..cut out the small fries bullshit

So you're saying that Obama sets the military budget, and not the pentagon? Do you *honestly* think the American military is in trouble?

So you're saying that Obama sets the military budget, and not the pentagon? Do you *honestly* think the American military is in trouble?

Its a collective effort mostly driven by liberals in government, it really is a left/right dividing issue. I don't think that the US military is in direct, imminent danger as a whole, but I do see a dangerous not-so-far future with some global shit escalating and we need America to be as strong as possible, overpowered even. I come from a military family so maybe I see an importance in a strong military that others don't.

Its a collective effort mostly driven by liberals in government, it really is a left/right dividing issue. I don't think that the US military is in direct, imminent danger as a whole, but I do see a dangerous not-so-far future with some global shit escalating and we need America to be as strong as possible, overpowered even. I come from a military family so maybe I see an importance in a strong military that others don't.

The thing is that at this point, I don't think it's possible for there to be a weak US military. Technologically, financially, manpower-wise, strategically, etc. We make the next "best" one (China) look like a third world country in comparison. We could cut $500 billion from the military budget annually and put it elsewhere, and nobody would notice a difference.

I just think it's funny for anyone to think we have a weak military, let alone blame it on Obama gutting it. :p It's literally another one of those "Thanks Obama!" situations, it's a joke by now. Our military will remain over powered. The thing that will cause problems would be if it becomes over extended and over reaching.

He would get punched in the face back. Using the word gutted is what made it so laughable because it's a gross exaggeration. Our military spending is huge and far beyond any other country.

Omg libz are destroying the military! The Obama is weakening/ gutting the military arguement is crap. Who are you guys gonna blame everything on when Obama is gone? When you get a flat tire are you gonn still blame him when he's no longer in office?

The military isn't being "gutted". The defense budget for this country is the best example of bloated, wasteful, excess when it comes to government spending.

And if Russia decides to invade have no fear we'll have the WOLVERINES!!!

Patrick Swayze's dead and Charlie Sheens got da aids! brah. Wolverines aren't saving anybody.

U.S Seals prime level Charlie Sheen destroys Russia

our military is the strongest most awesome fighting force in the world by far

but because they allow gays and women in combat arms now the whole thing is ruined apparently cause you know, our Soldiers ain't gonna shoot straight because of some imaginary political correctness

incredible

I heard the same shit when I was in the army, and Bill was prez. The mother fuckers saying it were the ones doing their best not to do anything, complaining about going to the field, shamming their asses off.

"My platoon used to be twice as big, dude."

Ok. Now it's not, and you still can't make yourself useful.

When you get a flat tire are you gonn still blame him when he's no longer in office?

fnoNjd3.gif

Those headlines don't mean what you think they do. What is actually happening is that active army personnel (570 000 troops) are being reduced to 440 000 troops and THAT is the number that is being compared to the entire number of personnel in the US Military pre-WWII (458 355 -- which includes army, marine corps, navy and air force).

If we were to compare the entire number of US military personnel pre-WWII to the entire number of military personnel today (and not just the 440 000 active army troops), we would see that the modern military has 1 369 532 men and women serving in the army, marine corps, navy and air force. This is almost 3 times the size of pre-WWII armed forces.

Don't be misled by headlines about the Army shrinking to pre-WWII levels. (article link)

This article has a lot of really informative stats, figures and charts that everyone should read.

To sum up: Reporting on the Pentagon-budget proposal by comparing the size of the Army to its 1940 levels is misleading in several ways. It elides the relative strength of the Army in different eras; personnel from other branches of the armed forces; the fact that Air Force personnel in particular are now counted separate from the Army; and military hardware that acts as a significant force multiplier.

Even though the pre-WWII claim is a flat out lie, there are actual budget cuts happening. This article (link) goes over what programs are being cut and how much of the budget is being shrunk. And it is a sizable cut.

Back