Media Charles Oliveira reveals when he wants to return and gets immediately called out by Gamrot

The only other fight I'd rather see for Charles is Max, but if Max is going back to 145 then Ganrot is definitely the fight to make.

If they still go to Utah this would make a perfect 5-round main or co-main. Or the Abu Dhabi FN on AUG 3rd.

He's fighting everyone though. This is clearly just him negotiating.

He also mentioned being the backup for Mcgregor/Chandler.

He wants to be the backup, UFC isn't going to offer it to him though. Chandler is going to go through his training camp wearing bubble wrap to ensure he doesn't damage his chances at red panty night.

Btw I noticed in the last few weeks, lots of fighters are aiming to fight in the summer. Seems like a decent method of avoiding fighting in sketchy abu dabi, since that would give them a good reason to not be ready for October.

Regardless of everyone’s opinions on it, I’m curious if this could become a significant trend in the sport.

Barring injuries, scheduling, or some other fuckery..

I don’t see how Oliveira could fight down, and leapfrog the number 1 contender that just beat him? I’m pretty sure Tsarukyan has his TS locked down. He will be next after Dustin.

Though if Dustin beats Islam. Islam probably gets the instant rematch. That UAE/SA oil/tourism money is a huge reason to have champions, and top contenders that are Muslims. The UFC bends over for the money. And Team Eagle, and friends know the field is tilted a little in their favour over there.

So, with 2 defences of his LW title against the then, FW champion. Islam could lose to Dustin, and I bet he gets the instant rematch.

Just my opinion.
Perfect explanation.

With the amount Tds Gamrot will go for, should make for a lot of submission attempts by Charles

Could be a fun fight with Charles snatching a lock from one of the many scrambles

With the amount Tds Gamrot will go for, should make for a lot of submission attempts by Charles

Could be a fun fight with Charles snatching a lock from one of the many scrambles

I think he catches Gamrot in a submission. Gamrot can be pretty reckless in some of his TD attempts and transitions.

Update: Charles responds to the call-out

With all respect to charles, he's lost 2 of his last 3 and is coming off a loss. And both those losses are to the guys "forward" of him. He absolutely shouldn't get to look upwards. Dustin has the title shot, Justin is out for a self imposed 6+ months to heal his brain. So it's Gamrot or ride the bench for a while Charlie unless you're serious about going to 170.

Back