Arman vs Oliveira confirmed. Who wins?

So if this is a number one contender fight, with winner to get Islam, that means Islam is just sitting on the shelf? Will be close to a year just sitting after a one round fight against Volk, where he wasn't hurt.

Would hope Islam v Gaejthe gets made in the meantime. Hopefully for UFC 300 as well.

I'm predicting a win for Tsarukyan, Oliveira's pretty reliant on his opponents being afraid of his BJJ guard, but Tsarukyan is like Islam in that he won't be afraid and will take full advantage of the situation to smesh

Trash matchmaking.

Instead of having both guys fight Islam, now only 1 will. Same thing when they booked Dariush vs Oliveira. Dariush could've fought Islam and was an interesting match up, now it'll never happen.
By that logic if no one ever fought each other there’d be tons of guys to fight Islam lol

This is good matchmaking arman has lots of time and if Charles can’t get past him then he probably wasn’t beating Islam.

It doesn’t even matter. Fighters shouldn’t have to sit around not getting paid because the champ is hurt

Trash matchmaking.

Instead of having both guys fight Islam, now only 1 will. Same thing when they booked Dariush vs Oliveira. Dariush could've fought Islam and was an interesting match up, now it'll never happen.
Agreed. And knowing the UFC, there's a good chance that if Oliveira wins, he probably won't be up for a title shot anyways, so its just setting contenders back.

Sucks because Oliveira is my easily my favorite fighter right now, so I can't root against him, but him winning probably stalls the LW division. This is what it was like with Dariush as well.

Would rather see Oliveira vs Conor and Arman just get the TS.

I hope Oliviera but I think Arman will KO Oliviera

Trash matchmaking.

Oliveira didn't deserve an Islam rematch after just 1 win, and even less so after pulling out of the rematch he was given. This title eliminator makes whoever wins 100% deserving of the Islam fight

It's great matchmaking, though ideally I would like Gaethje to get his shot first just for Islam to have a more active title reign and more names on his resume

And knowing the UFC, there's a good chance that if Oliveira wins, he probably won't be up for a title shot anyways, so its just setting contenders back.
??? They tried to give Oliveira a TS after just 1 win over Dariush, of course if he beats Tsarukyan he's gonna get the TS

If Arman is to win I feel he needs to be able to neutralize Charles on the ground to a decision, which is a minefield. Charles has holes in his defence but I'm pretty confident if it stays standing he'll win the striking

#3 ranked vs #12, Dustin probably gets a title shot if he wins in impressive fashion after the winner of Charles vs Arman gets their turn
<TheWire1>

Oliveira had his shot twice, he couldn't deliver now it's time for new blood.

Arman has called out Oliveira for a long time and man despite how we laughed at his callout under a year ago (Including me) he has a damm good chance of knocking off Oliveira as the number one challenger to Islam especially since Oliveira is getting up there in age.

I still think Oliveira probably takes it because Arman doesn't have the submissions or standup of Islam and his cardio is still questionable but I wouldn't say Oliveira is the clear cut favorite anymore.

With the caveat that I expect Oliveira to perform similarly to his Dariush performance, I will have to slightly favor Oliveira.

1. Arman will have a hard time keeping Charles down. Against Islam and Dariush, Charles got close to several submissions that led to his opponents to have to give up top position. Neither were able to advance position on top or deal significant damage.

2. If Arman can't keep Charles down, this will drain Arman's gas tank as he has shown to get tired/sloppy as the fight drags on. Especially against Silva and Gamrot and a bit against Damir.

3. Charles has a significant reach advantage in the striking department, Arman would not want to be standing with Charles especially later in the fight when his defense is sloppy.

Edit: Fight has been annouced for ufc 300 and damm, nobody better pull out. I still think Oliveira gets a late-ish knockout but this is such a good fight. Who do yall think wins this one?
I see Arman winning in round 2.

Trash matchmaking.

We don’t need oliveira fighting Islam again if he can’t beat arman. Islam would have also steamrolled benny, these fights you want are waste of fights for Islam.

Oliveira didn't deserve an Islam rematch after just 1 win, and even less so after pulling out of the rematch he was given. This title eliminator makes whoever wins 100% deserving of the Islam fight

It's great matchmaking, though ideally I would like Gaethje to get his shot first just for Islam to have a more active title reign and more names on his resume
If Charles wins the belt he will have cleaned out the top 8 whilst Islam has only fought 1 top 5 LW fighter when he got the title. Great way to kill a division. Charles may aswell get be defending an interim at this point, he is the only one fighting LWs.

Why would you laugh at the person who gave Islam one of his toughest fights, when he calls out Olives?

Though I do think Olives is a very tough stylistic match up for him, that makes it all the more ballsy and admirable that he wants that fight

Wanting the tough stylistic fights
>>>>> wanting the easy stylistic fights

Even though the latter will most likely give you the more pristine record, you are not proving yourself in the same way.

Last edited:
I hope you know I am going to send a bunch of mad, frothing at the mouth, knuckle-dragging Trumpers with pitch forks and torches to your house tonight for saying that.

damn you Levi! how am I going to tell these "people" who have no regard for the Constitution, for law, precedent or human rights, that the public does not have the right to be in the Capitol, or on public/private property, whenever they want?

Arman via superior pressure & quickness. Oliveria will gas out & find a way to quit.

Arman has called out Oliveira for a long time and man despite how we laughed at his callout under a year ago (Including me) he has a damm good chance of knocking off Oliveira as the number one challenger to Islam especially since Oliveira is getting up there in age.

I still think Oliveira probably takes it because Arman doesn't have the submissions or standup of Islam and his cardio is still questionable but I wouldn't say Oliveira is the clear cut favorite anymore.

With the caveat that I expect Oliveira to perform similarly to his Dariush performance, I will have to slightly favor Oliveira.

1. Arman will have a hard time keeping Charles down. Against Islam and Dariush, Charles got close to several submissions that led to his opponents to have to give up top position. Neither were able to advance position on top or deal significant damage.

2. If Arman can't keep Charles down, this will drain Arman's gas tank as he has shown to get tired/sloppy as the fight drags on. Especially against Silva and Gamrot and a bit against Damir.

3. Charles has a significant reach advantage in the striking department, Arman would not want to be standing with Charles especially later in the fight when his defense is sloppy.

Edit: Fight has been annouced for ufc 300 and damm, nobody better pull out. I still think Oliveira gets a late-ish knockout but this is such a good fight. Who do yall think wins this one?
Nice try
Islam X Oliveira II in the works. It was scheduled but Charles got hurt. It will just be rescheduled.

But as to your question about this potential matchup, i honestly believe Charles finishes Arman within 2 rounds.

Nice try
Islam X Oliveira II in the works. It was scheduled but Charles got hurt. It will just be rescheduled.

But as to your question about this potential matchup, i honestly believe Charles finishes Arman within 2 rounds.
Fights already been booked for ufc 300

Back