When is using sex to sell, going to get metoo'd?

I am saying that, as have 3rd wave feminists for decades.

When you objectify women, you set the tempo. If it is OK to use women to sell, it is OK to use women.

They are objects, not people. That is the messege of using sex to sell.
So, what’s the difference between this argument and saying violent video games and heavy metal music are responsible for murders?

People either can or can’t be held responsible for their own actions, right?

So, what’s the difference between this argument and saying violent video games and heavy metal music are responsible for murders?

People either can or can’t be held responsible for their own actions, right?

Right, but when people ask questions about why some of this is coming up 20 years later, it is victim blaming to question why they didn't step forward then. Seems if this is a personal responsibility dick measuring contest, the tape measure should be passed around the table for everyone.

As to the video game question, contributing to, and causing, are two very different statements.

But she didn't give her individual consent to me, to let me oggle her boobies.

At no point did I actually receive this verbal consent. I thought those were the new rules.

I'm being an ass of course.

The real point is that they are objectifying women as sex objects of monetary value.

Edit: I'm also pointing out that corporate America's moral outrage, ends at their bottom line.

What if your sex doll denies you consent?

Right, but when people ask questions about why some of this is coming up 20 years later, it is victim blaming to question why they didn't step forward then. Seems if this is a personal responsibility dick measuring contest, the tape measure should be passed around the table for everyone.

As to the video game question, contributing to, and causing, are two very different statements.
You sound like Kanye bro “400 years? 400 years? Really? That sounds like a choice to me.”

You sound like Kanye bro “400 years? 400 years? Really? That sounds like a choice to me.”

Victim blaming isn’t a good color on anyone.

Some times victims have blame.

Let me ask you this. If their was a Nazi sniper during WWII, that had killed half of an American unit. They find the sniper. It is a chick.

You OK with them shooting her?

What if they rape her before killing her? Got a problem now?

Why? Isn't murder at least as evil as rape?

Some times victims have blame.

Let me ask you this. If their was a Nazi sniper during WWII, that had killed half of an American unit. They find the sniper. It is a chick.

You OK with them shooting her?

What if they rape her before killing her? Got a problem now?

Why? Isn't murder at least as evil as rape?
and-now-for-something-completely-different-28704862.png

@VivaRevolution

Commercial exploitation, objectification, and commodification of women as sexual objects has been the focus of criticism for literally decades. Don't you remember the debacle with the Paris Hilton Hardees video? However, it's also the perogative of individual women to participate in those practices.

The more interesting topic that you bring up is the open hypocrisy about age of consent: how we collectively try to out-do each other in condemning pedophiles and saying "hang that evil pervert" when an adult bangs a person under 17, but we then openly sexualize youth like with the schoolgirl outfits.

@VivaRevolution

Commercial exploitation, objectification, and commodification of women as sexual objects has been the focus of criticism for literally decades. Don't you remember the debacle with the Paris Hilton Hardees video? However, it's also the perogative of individual women to participate in those practices.

The more interesting topic that you bring up is the open hypocrisy about age of consent: how we collectively try to out-do each other in condemning pedophiles and saying "hang that evil pervert" when an adult bangs a person under 17, but we then openly sexualize youth like with the schoolgirl outfits.

Who is "we"? Why don't you view people as individuals rather than part of some collective?

Women would absolutely consent to doing objectifying adds showing off their sexiness. There is no shortage of women willing to do that.

Women do it already for themselves just look at Instagram and all sorts of social media platforms where women are monetizing their bodies (or just doing it for free).

There are no executives involved there. Just a way to make some money and get social attention.

Then to the extent the metoo stuff about Weinstein was about him asking women to sleep with him for movie roles how is he a bad guy?

I'm trying to show you that people's outrage over sex is programmed, and not logical.

Murder is worse then rape. Many are OK with murder, but would never be OK with rape. Why?

If you haven't noticed, I passionately reject all societal norms that are based on propaganda, and not logic.

My point is that your drive to protect women is actually a form of sexism. I understand that allot of people look at me strange when I approach things from a purely analytical pov, but that doesn't make me wrong.

Emotions aren't real. They are obstacles that must be overcome. Many men here have a emotional drive to protect women. I have that same drive, but I reject it, because it isn't real, it is an emotion.

Women don't deserve any protection a man doesn't get. We are equal now, member?

When are women going to held responsible for their choices? Is it really men pushing women to pose in front of cameras or are women making these decisions on their own? I think women are more than capable of making decision for themselves and living with the consequences. The problem is that women are held to lower standards and given special treatment which gives them license to make excuses and play the victim card instead of taking responsibility for their lives.

I fully agree with what Camille Paglia says about women needing to toughen up and the special treatment needing to stop:

... every woman must think of herself as a warrior at every moment. If women want equality on college campuses, to be treated as minds equal to men, they must behave as equals meaning that they, too, expect every danger, every risk of life. Women will never be taken seriously as potential future leaders if they continue to be incapable of governing their own social lives and ceding to grievance committees, to parental proxy figures and the government.

What I am saying throughout my work is that girls who are indoctrinated to see men not as equals but as oppressors and rapists are condemned to remain in a permanently juvenile condition for life. They have surrendered their own personal agency to a poisonous creed that claims to empower women but has ended by infantilizing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
@VivaRevolution

Fair point.

I think my issue is watching this being weaponized to go after politicians, but never corporate America. We destroy careers, lives, families, but never would we do something that hurts corporate America's bottom line.

Our morals, begin at outrage, and end at the almighty God and moral ruler of this nation, aka the dollar.

Take down the cross from the wall folks. Be honest, and hang a dollar there, because that is what this country worships.

Last edited:
@VivaRevolution

We, as a society, have made a decision that it is in the best interest of society to discourage adults from banging teenagers. But it’s definitely counter to nature— according to nature old enough to bleed is old enough to breed. But of course, early pregnancy is a terrible idea from the standpoint of modern societies.

So, yeah, advertising plays to this socially created weak spot. As you’d expect it to. That’s basically the definition of advertising: “ that which plays to our socially created weak spots.”

Last edited:
Then to the extent the metoo stuff about Weinstein was about him asking women to sleep with him for movie roles how is he a bad guy?

Well he was using his position of power to coerce the women from my understanding, but I don't know the extent of the allegations against him. I'm sure some women were willing to 'trade services' with him and some probably were pressured into doing something they didn't want to to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back