When is using sex to sell, going to get metoo'd?

Well he was using his position of power to coerce the women from my understanding, but I don't know the extent of the allegations against him. I'm sure some women were willing to 'trade services' with him and some probably were pressured into doing something they didn't want to to.

I am saying that does not seem materially different than a women being told put on a bikini or you are not working.

To be fair I might be pointing out a flaw in capitalism overall but what the producers do and what Weinstien did does not seem dissimilar.

Fair point.

I think my issue is watching this being weaponized to go after politicians, but never corporate America. We destroy careers, lives, families, but never would we do something that hurts corporate America's bottom line.

Our morals, begin at outrage, and end at the almighty God and moral ruler of this nation, aka the dollar.

Take down cross from the wall folks. Be honest, and hang a dollar there, because that is what this country worships.

Well, politicians are people with senses of morality and ethical responsibility. Corporations are not.

But the issue has been leveraged against corporate executives, Les Moonves being the most recent example. But regulating actual corporate conduct, i.e. advertisement, is much different and more challenging than ousting executives. You'd basically have to lobby the government to further restrict obscenity and obscene advertising, since the point of it being used in the first place is that it is effective.

Who is "we"? Why don't you view people as individuals rather than part of some collective?

Because I don't believe the majority of the population is comprised by individual pedophiles. And I don't think targeting out millions of consumers for their individual actions and motivations is a coherent way of describing, let alone addressing, a phenomenon.

That’s a really beautiful life philosophy you’ve got there.

Said every psychopath ever.

Ah, but the Golden rule is logical.

You are right, I am a psycopath, when others act that way towards me.

On the flip side, I'm a pretty nice guy, when people are nice to me.

Well, politicians are people with senses of morality and ethical responsibility. Corporations are not.

But the issue has been leveraged against corporate executives, Les Moonves being the most recent example. But regulating actual corporate conduct, i.e. advertisement, is much different and more challenging than ousting executives. You'd basically have to lobby the government to further restrict obscenity and obscene advertising, since the point of it being used in the first place is that it is effective.

Because I don't believe the majority of the population is comprised by individual pedophiles. And I don't think targeting out millions of consumers for their individual actions and motivations is a coherent way of describing, let alone addressing, a phenomenon.

I don't know man. We didn't pass laws requiring corporate America to create HR offices, have diversity policies, ect.

They did those things because it was starting to hurt their bottom lines, in lawsuits.

I'm not calling for the government to intervene here. I am calling on all those pink hat wearing folks, to have some self awareness, and understand that you can't just go after individuals, and not institutions, and have credibility.

The real point is that they are objectifying women as sex objects of monetary value.

Actually the REAL point is that they are objectifying men WITH sex for monetary GAIN...while sucking up to women telling them that its them that is being used.

Think about it.

Who is actually being objectified? Men, are VISUAL creatures. This is a known fact. So, that fact is being used to get their attention and their business using sex as bait. In other words, breaking them down to the most basic parts and removing their individuality IE: Objectifying.

A woman, objectifies men when they say things like "All men want only one thing" or "All men think the same"...sadly, most so called "men" are too well trained not to know that.

How exactly am I supposed to take metoo from the media seriously

You don't.

The unholy trifecta of moral hypocrisy are currently 1) Politicians, 2) Media, and 3) Hollywood Celebs.

When you allow any of these loud-mouthed hypocrites to dictate how you should think according to their highly-selective and ever-fluid moral codes, your goose is cooked.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

What the actual fuck!!!

Politicians have a sense of ethics and morals????

HahahahahahahahahahahahHHahahahahahahahah

I was dumb enough recently to visit the cess pool that is Yahoo.

It was truly amazing. I was able to click on a story about metoo, while being offered to watch a funny video that happened in a classroom. The picture for the click bait is of a chick in tight clothes with her ass popped out writing on a white board. Not only selling sex, but selling a hint of underage sex.

How exactly am I supposed to take metoo from the media seriously when they follow their heart felt plea for female equality, with a beer commercial with girls jumping on trampolines?

Discuss.......

You are Literally Weinstein for posting this.

{<jordan}<JagsKiddingMe><Dany07><TrumpWrong1> <YeahOKJen>

Liberal feminism has an absolute naive view on prostitution and stripping, it's embarrassing. Blind spot.

I was dumb enough recently to visit the cess pool that is Yahoo.

It was truly amazing. I was able to click on a story about metoo, while being offered to watch a funny video that happened in a classroom. The picture for the click bait is of a chick in tight clothes with her ass popped out writing on a white board. Not only selling sex, but selling a hint of underage sex.

How exactly am I supposed to take metoo from the media seriously when they follow their heart felt plea for female equality, with a beer commercial with girls jumping on trampolines?

Discuss.......
I don't understand the connection you're making. Sexiness in advertising ain't really fitting the bill.
Also this seems to be women driven and not something "the media" created.

Liberal feminism has an absolute naive view on prostitution and stripping, it's embarrassing. Blind spot.

I think you're very wrong here. Some of the most insightful and interesting feminist legal works I've ever read were on sexual commodification in these areas. Prostitution and exotic dancing should be fully legalized, and I haven't seen anything approaching a persuasive feminist argument to the contrary.

What the actual fuck!!!

Politicians are people. People are susceptible to moral arguments. Corporations are legal entities only allowed to consider morality to the extent that it is profitable, and are therefore not susceptible to moral arguments.

Politicians are people. People are susceptible to moral arguments. Corporations are legal entities only allowed to consider morality to the extent that it is profitable, and are therefore not susceptible to moral arguments.

Politicians aren't susceptible to profit motives?

And corporations are not just a group of individual people with their own motivations?

What fucking world do you live in, dude? That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen on Sherdog....EVER.

This is what you get with all kinds of statists, folks. They idolize politicians. Worship them. They are the "saviors" of us. They are the "moral" priests among us, and we are the immoral laity that needs to be herded and controlled like slaves.

Fuck your priesthood. Fuck the state. Fuck Marx. Fuck Mao. Fuck all of you who propagate this idea that men aren't free and need to be controlled like sheep.

Politicians aren't susceptible to profit motives?

Yes, but they aren't legal entities whose existence is legally limited to those susceptibilities. The difference is pretty fundamental and should be easy to understand: people are different than legal entities.

And corporations are not just a group of individual people with their own motivations?

No, they're not, particularly when they become publicly traded, which most large corporations are.

Color me shocked that you don't understand this subject.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen on Sherdog....EVER.

More evidence that you don't proofread your own posts.

What the actual fuck!!!

That kind of flip-out in response to a simple point is a good tell that someone is encountering an idea that they've been deeply programmed to resist.

This is what you get with all kinds of statists, folks. They idolize politicians. Worship them. They are the "saviors" of us. They are the "moral" priests among us, and we are the immoral laity that needs to be herded and controlled like slaves.

Because he said that they are humans.

Fuck your priesthood. Fuck the state. Fuck Marx. Fuck Mao. Fuck all of you who propagate this idea that men aren't free and need to be controlled like sheep.

Isn't the idea that men should be free to have say in their own governance exactly what you are fighting against?

Back