When I was younger I couldn't wait to start driving, now that I'm older I hate it

Commuting in a overcrowded shit hole like LA is not exactly what I'd use to describe what "driving" is or it encompasses. Nobody wants to do that, it is miserable.
driving in DFW is pretty terrible too probably one of the worst place to drive texans drive like lunatics.

yeah I bet, living in a cramped city with horrible traffic is a bitch, makes driving not fun at all especially with the shitty drivers around.

I could see it being fun along the coast or some midwest area with lots of farm land or scenery and not much traffic.

Driving the scenic route to Las Vegas is nice.
driving anywhere near the strip is terrible amd the freeways in vegas are awful I saw 3 accidents last time I went.

I don't drive to las vegas any more.

As an adult it is expensive, and no longer fun, but a means to sustain your own life.

If and when I have kids, I will take them to the local cart racing place so they can get a taste of it.

I had my license suspended for a year a while back. I'll never take it for granted again. If you can't drive, you're irrelevant.

My only complaint is pussies acting hard and getting aggressive on the road, when they would never say or do shit if they weren't in their car.

Take public transportation for a week. You'll love driving again.

I enjoy driving on long road trips with open roads but i hate driving in stop and go traffic. Vegas is getting worse and worse and bringing the Raiders here is certainly not going to help

I live a pointless existence in some shitty town you've never heard of and the driving's good bro. Anytime I'm stressed or whatever I go out for a drive

Samesies. Went on vacation to Virginia recently and shit got crazy. 7 lane highways and what not. 95mph was the norm. Took a little adjusting.

driving anywhere near the strip is terrible amd the freeways in vegas are awful I saw 3 accidents last time I went.

I don't drive to las vegas any more.

yeah driving iIN vegas is horrible some of the WORST drivers ever inconsiderate and rushing to gamble, but driving TO vegas is pretty nice on the long roads with no buildings around

driving in DFW is pretty terrible too probably one of the worst place to drive texans drive like lunatics.
My friend who moved to Dallas Fort worth from Cali said these drivers are very aggressive, he said Cali has horrible traffic and congestion but the Dallas drivers are the problem rude and aggressive.

I can't wait for self driving cars to go mainstream.

Isn't Elon musk coming out with a high speed tunnel to avoid traffic jams?

I live in a little Canadian town and love driving out in the country. I enjoy driving but it can be a pain, we're all so polite here that we spend hours sometimes at 4 way stops insisting the other person go first.

You clearly don't live in Vancouver.

Edit : " I live in a little Canadian town" was my first clue that you don't live in Vancouver.

I'm very clever. Like an investigator, piecing together the clues.

Last edited:
I agree 100% but that's because where I live. SoCal traffic sucks. If I lived somewhere that was more scenic and more open road I'd still probably like driving.

Welcome to life, when I was in high school I wanted a gf, then once I got one in college, I hated the bullshit and drama that came with it.

Case of the grass is greener on the other side

Driving here in NYC will make any place you're going into hell and you'll be in a bad mood before you get there no matter where you're going.

Driving here is just hell, it's sickening

Congestion is heart attack fuel and sucks but where I live (suburbia) trying to rely on the train line is just too damn slow. City has 29th worst congestion in the world and population is increasing at 100,000+ a year : |

Hopefully cheap auto drive cars you can hire for any trip will mean people can just sit on their phones in traffic instead of slowing crawling along.

Yep, driving is a drag. Yes, you have freedom with it. But now as an adult tons of minuses come with it. Driving from 17-25 war mostly awesome though. Now at 35, I hates it.

Same with snow. I loved it as a kid, now it is just a PIA

I sold my car and now uber everywhere, it's amazing. Stress free, i have a lot of free time to do what i want during rides, watch a movie browse sherdog, listen to an audio book.

Dont listen to an audio book when you're driving lol.

How you get to work?

Back