When I was younger I couldn't wait to start driving, now that I'm older I hate it

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's weird, when I was a teen and in my early 20s I used to love driving and I think I know why because I didn't have to worry about stuff, I worked at Hollywood video near my house, andI was still in school without a worry and just driving around with friends going to the beach, mall, movies etc.

Now years later, I hate it, especially on the freeway, bad drivers merging long commutes, traffic, having to get gas daily and some crack heads or gang bangers loitering around while I get gas at this cheap gas station near LA.

I thought about this just the other day stuck in traffic for an hour, I looked around at the other drivers and they all looked miserable, like zombies, you can tell they hated driving the long commute and freeway as well.

I live a pointless existence in some shitty town you've never heard of and the driving's good bro. Anytime I'm stressed or whatever I go out for a drive

Listen to an Audiobook. I hate driving as well but it makes it much more pleasant listening to a book that you enjoy. Sometimes I can't wait to hop in my car ) lol

I sold my car and now uber everywhere, it's amazing. Stress free, i have a lot of free time to do what i want during rides, watch a movie browse sherdog, listen to an audio book.

Dont listen to an audio book when you're driving lol.

It's weird, when I was a teen and in my early 20s I used to love driving and I think I know why because I didn't have to worry about stuff, I worked at Hollywood video near my house, andI was still in school without a worry and just driving around with friends going to the beach, mall, movies etc.

Now years later, I hate it, especially on the freeway, bad drivers merging long commutes, traffic, having to get gas daily and some crack heads or gang bangers loitering around while I get gas at this cheap gas station near LA.

I thought about this just the other day stuck in traffic for an hour, I looked around at the other drivers and they all looked miserable, like zombies, you can tell they hated driving the long commute and freeway as well.

Commuting in a overcrowded shit hole like LA is not exactly what I'd use to describe what "driving" is or it encompasses. Nobody wants to do that, it is miserable.

I live in a little Canadian town and love driving out in the country. I enjoy driving but it can be a pain, we're all so polite here that we spend hours sometimes at 4 way stops insisting the other person go first.

I sold my car and now uber everywhere, it's amazing. Stress free, i have a lot of free time to do what i want during rides, watch a movie browse sherdog, listen to an audio book.

Dont listen to an audio book when you're driving lol.
You can buy an adapter to plug into your cig lighter or your Audio in. Connect it to your smartphone or Kindle/MP3 player etc and you have an audiobook coming from your car speakers. Absolutely nothing dangerous about, legal, and it and makes driving pleasant.

But yea, don't listen to an audibook through headphones or ear buds stupid shit like that.

I like driving but shitty drivers are one of few things that really irritate me. Learn to merge ffs. Also some fuckers need to realize their time isnt more important than everyone elses so dont cut people off. Thats all.

I live in a little Canadian town and love driving out in the country. I enjoy driving but it can be a pain, we're all so polite here that we spend hours sometimes at 4 way stops insisting the other person go first.

Is it that or nobody takes notice of or can't remember who stopped first? Don't you have roundabouts?

Also as a teen, driving was a sudden infusion of new freedom. As you've described above, after a number of years, a car in a traffic jam can feel like a prison cell.

9wVI5X5.gif

Is it that or nobody takes notice of or can't remember who stopped first? Don't you have roundabouts?

This isn't the UK where there's a round about in every block.

Here in canada we only have one roundabout - it's somewhere near the middle of our one road but it gets slippery in the winter

Here in canada we only have one roundabout - it's somewhere near the middle of our one road but it gets slippery in the winter

Clippy doesn't use the backseat

Troika-car-paperweight-clip-magnet-black-white-gift-shop.png

I remember waiting for the first time I could legally drive on the roads now I'm getting closer to the last time I'll be driving. You usually don't know at the time you do something that it will be the last time you ever do it.

I thought you were still subjects of the Queen. They've started roundabounts everywhere here including at the end of a 4 lane 55mph section of highway. At first it was a flat area where semi's often went straight through. To stop that they put a mound of dirt in the center so now they have semis laying on their side every couple of weeks.

I thought you were still subjects of the Queen. They've started roundabounts everywhere here including at the end of a 4 lane 55mph section of highway. At first it was a flat area where semi's often went straight through. To stop that they put a mound of dirt in the center so now they have semis laying on their side every couple of weeks.

We got independance from the queen in the 80s

which is kind of sad

but we're still friends?

But there's only one roundabout in my city and the next nearest one is in a town 40 KM away

I live a pointless existence in some shitty town you've never heard of and the driving's good bro. Anytime I'm stressed or whatever I go out for a drive

Driving is fun on your own at your own pace in some forested area or mountain back road. It sucks in a large city though. To many dumbasses and stressful.

Amen, i feel u brotha. Used to be a pussy magnet for me back when. Nowadays its mainly for commuting to work and picking up milk and tampons...

Back