When has an old legend come out of retirement and beat an actual legitimate prospect?

frank mir battle tested veteran, who wasnt the same after accident
submitted lesnar
Noguiera,kod rising prospect schaub

From what Sherdoggers mentioned earlier and from what I know

Randy (Sylvia), Tito (Bader), Wandy (Bisping and Stann), Minotauro (Schaub), Hendo (Shogun, Boestch and Lombard), Hardy (Amir), Hughes (Almeida), Belfort (Bisping and Rockhold), Bisping (Rockhold), Cruz (Dillashaw), Romero (Weidmen),

many more I'd imagine.
Wow, you do know your MMA!

Ronda came out of retirement and destroyed Amanda Nunes' fists using only her face.

From what Sherdoggers mentioned earlier and from what I know

Randy (Sylvia), Tito (Bader), Wandy (Bisping and Stann), Minotauro (Schaub), Hendo (Shogun, Boestch and Lombard), Hardy (Amir), Hughes (Almeida), Belfort (Bisping and Rockhold), Bisping (Rockhold), Cruz (Dillashaw), Romero (Weidmen),

many more I'd imagine.

Yeah..... none of those guys were retired.

obviously, Couture x Sylvia probably the biggest stand out as it was for the hw belt.

Randy

Not sure I can think of any other examples

I think this counts

Moorer was winning that fight, but they always say that power is the last thing to go, and damn did George crack him with what looked like a slow effortless straight. Was active at the time though.

One hard one for me to watch was Foreman vs Alex Stewart. Foreman won a narrow decision, but man was he busted up.

Wow, you do know your MMA!

The only 1 on that whole list that could be considered a vet over a prospect is Ortiz/ Bader and even that one is pretty questionable.

I don't think many here know what a prospect is.

I cant actually think of a single fight that would fit this criteria.

Had BJ beaten Yair that would have worked

Moorer was winning that fight, but they always say that power is the last thing to go, and damn did George crack him with what looked like a slow effortless straight. Was active at the time though.

One hard one for me to watch was Foreman vs Alex Stewart. Foreman won a narrow decision, but man was he busted up.

Fuck Foreman hits hard. I remember when that happened and I couldn't belive that punch KOed him, it doesn't look like a hard shot at all.

Back