When has an old legend come out of retirement and beat an actual legitimate prospect?

Randy...that's about it.
he doesn't get enough credit for doing that either, not by a long shot. at the time he came back to face sylvia, big tim was considered a pretty big deal, they didn't know who would be able to take him out. the discussion was around whether they should even let randy have the fight, for his own safety, that kind of thing.

it's one of the biggest accomplishments in mma history and you don't hear him getting enough props for it. i think it's mainly due to how much people like to bash sylvia, but like him / hate him or whatever, he was one of the very few HWs to actually defend and was a serious obstacle to overcome for a dude coming out of retirement in his 40s.

It just doesn't happen and that is why I can't understand why they present these match ups to the old legends.

From what Sherdoggers mentioned earlier and from what I know

Randy (Sylvia), Tito (Bader), Wandy (Bisping and Stann), Minotauro (Schaub), Hendo (Shogun, Boestch and Lombard), Hardy (Amir), Hughes (Almeida), Belfort (Bisping and Rockhold), Bisping (Rockhold), Cruz (Dillashaw), Romero (Weidmen),

many more I'd imagine.

Most of your dudes were not retired

randy-couture_tim-sylvia.gif

Randy (Sylvia), Tito (Bader), Wandy (Bisping and Stann), Minotauro (Schaub), Hendo (Shogun, Boestch and Lombard), Hardy (Amir), Hughes (Almeida), Belfort (Bisping and Rockhold), Bisping (Rockhold), Cruz (Dillashaw), Romero (Weidmen),

many more I'd imagine.
I agree with you mostly, but you can't call Weidman a prospect...he is a former champ with 3 title defenses.

I see Weidman as a prospect, he hasn't really proven himself yet...
1) Won the MW belt
2) defended it three times

I don't care at all what you think or say about it, it is absolutely not possible to be a former UFC champ and a UFC prospect at the same time.

My Boy Trump kicked the shit out of that Clinton Prospect in the 5th round

many more I'd imagine.
Most of these old guys were still active fighters though ...they never "retired"

He didn't retire but Ken Shamrock had a good run in Pride after a few years in WWF.

many more I'd imagine.

Romero isnt a legend and is still young in terms of MMA miles and thats distegarding the retirement part of the title.

Cro Cop retired, came back and beat Aliakbari, who's a good HW prospect. World champ wrestler.

Nate Diaz came out of retirement to beat Conor McGregor, retired again, then came back to take McGregor to 5 rounds, then retired once again.

Back